ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill`s restaurant Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 13th, 2005 07:17 PM
Pibestone_79 Do you know about his restaurant that is called Stiky Thingers.His restaurant has photographs of the Roling Stones ,you know hi has a big colections of the rolling stones things
February 13th, 2005 07:39 PM
littleredrooster Bill is the former owner of Skicky Fingers restaurant.
The food is OK, but a bit spendy.
There are lots of pix adorning the walls.
Don't forget to lift a menu as a keepsake!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
February 13th, 2005 08:00 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

The food is OK, but a bit spendy.

Tell me what ISN'T spendy with relation to the Rolling Stones (and their former members).
February 13th, 2005 08:57 PM
Madafaka Check this out: www.stickyfingers.co.uk
February 13th, 2005 09:01 PM
KeithRichardsgrl cool
February 14th, 2005 02:25 AM
littleredrooster
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

Tell me what ISN'T spendy with relation to the Rolling Stones (and their former members).

'Don't get SNAPPY with me!' (quote from former loser in US Presidential race and former tobacconist)

Ever been there?
February 14th, 2005 02:37 AM
beer is the les paul that Brian played in the circus still on the wall?

-
February 14th, 2005 04:11 AM
F505 It's Mick Taylor's favorite restaurant
February 14th, 2005 05:19 AM
Honky Tonk Man It's a nice restuarant. Though be warned, all my food ended up on my lap!
February 14th, 2005 05:51 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It's a nice restuarant. Though be warned, all my food ended up on my lap!

yes, that was a funny moment!
February 14th, 2005 09:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

yes, that was a funny moment!

Looking back it was funny, but for a few minutes, I was mortified! I'd only had a couple of beers by that point, if I was pissed I'd have an excuse! If I remember rightly, I think i leaned on the plate with my right elbow. Silly boy.

Rik, I'll see you at the 06 London gathering?
February 14th, 2005 09:15 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Rik, I'll see you at the 06 London gathering?

yeah! That's a great idea!
February 14th, 2005 11:37 AM
69 Chevy Been there, bought the t-shirt, and lifted the menu. I was doing the tourist thing in London and was waiting for a table at the very crowded Hard Rock Cafe. I asked a waiter how to get to Sticky Fingers and he said "Why would you want to go there?". We went and the place was empty. Food was decent.

Didn't Ronnie have a place in Florida for awhile?
February 14th, 2005 12:17 PM
Gazza yeah, it was called "Woody's On The Beach" and it was going in the late 80's. It was more of a club, though, I think.

No truth in the rumour that after it closed he opened another called "Woody's On The Piss"
February 14th, 2005 12:32 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:
It's Mick Taylor's favorite restaurant

Uh, after McDonalds that is!
February 14th, 2005 12:33 PM
glencar I didn't think SF was too pricy but the T-shirts were kind of small. I've been there twice & it wasn't crowded either time.
February 14th, 2005 01:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I didn't think SF was too pricy but the T-shirts were kind of small. I've been there twice & it wasn't crowded either time.

WHy is Bill not involved with it anymore? was it a financial decision? Are there a lot of Stones instruments represented there?
February 14th, 2005 01:09 PM
glencar Lotsa stuff all around. I didn't realize he wasn't involved anymore. Maybe the Mob cut in?
February 14th, 2005 01:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lotsa stuff all around. I didn't realize he wasn't involved anymore. Maybe the Mob cut in?

i do not know for sure, he may still be involved, i just thought i read somewhere that he isnt involved anymore.
February 14th, 2005 01:12 PM
glencar Yes, Rooster posted that. That was the first I heard. I was there in '99 & '03 & Bill was there neither time. But the first time, they said he did stop in on occasion. I gotta check the website.
February 14th, 2005 01:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, Rooster posted that. That was the first I heard. I was there in '99 & '03 & Bill was there neither time. But the first time, they said he did stop in on occasion. I gotta check the website.

please let me know what you find out!
February 14th, 2005 03:01 PM
glencar Well, I checked the website & it doesn't mention the owners. I remember his son ran a trivia contest a few years back on that same website.
February 14th, 2005 03:08 PM
coowouters From last tour:

[Edited by coowouters]
February 14th, 2005 07:46 PM
littleredrooster When we were there at the 'Official RO London Licks Gathering' in 2003 the word was the Mr Perks has divested himself from the restaurant.
'Martha My Dear' shot a bunch of photos to commemorate the conclave and maybe she can post a few!
I haven't seen her posting here recently.

It was a great deal of fun meeting with the Rocks Off International Family at SF while enjoying the memorabilia plastered throughout.
It was rumored that Mr Wyman himself would stop by on occasion to tip a pint with the fans.
If you have the opportunity VISIT and ENJOY some history!

Roooostah
February 14th, 2005 08:11 PM
kath i was there in 2001 when i went to see charlie at ronnie scott's. i had a wonderful goat cheese salad, and ,my two friends who were with me seemed to enjoy their food. everything in london is terribly expensive, so i didn't think his place was more expensive than anyplace else. they DID have ice, which seems to be a delicacy in england.....

when we were there, the story was bill was pulling out of it and wouldn't be too much involved anymore. i dunno if stephen is still involved in it at all.

it's a good place to see memorabilia, but hard rock is too......
[Edited by kath]
February 14th, 2005 08:11 PM
Gazza Bill sold the franchise a couple of years ago at least. It's owned by a company called Maxwell's these days - thats who dealt with my Rocks Off booking in August 2003, anyway
February 15th, 2005 10:02 AM
coowouters Here's the link to a webpage with some pictures I took at the Rocks Off gettogether in ST-restaurant back in 2003:

pictures

[Edited by coowouters]
[Edited by coowouters]
February 15th, 2005 10:03 AM
Fiji Joe
"I give it two thumbs up'
February 15th, 2005 10:10 AM
F505 I give it one star
February 15th, 2005 10:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
coowouters wrote:
Here's the link to a webpage with some pictures I took at the Rocks Off gettogether in ST-restaurant back in 2003:

pictures

nice one, Chris
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood