ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger and Blair Push London Olympic Bid Return to archive
February 12th, 2005 10:49 AM
bootcover Jagger and Blair Push London Olympic Bid

Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005
(ATR) London’s 2012 bid will get some help from Mick Jagger and Tony Blair in the next week, Around the Rings has heard from U.K. sources. Jagger is supposed to be named a cultural ambassador, while Blair will host the IOC 2012 commission at 10 Downing.

Details are still subject to approval by the IOC and the Prime Minister’s office, but the IOC team would spend an hour or so at 10 Downing to meet the key ministers involved with the Olympics bid.

http://www.aroundtherings.com/article.php?pid=1207
February 12th, 2005 10:58 AM
Nellcote "Cultural Ambassador" for Jagger, eh?

Some would say he's held this title already...
February 12th, 2005 11:16 AM
LadyJane Seems Mick will do just about anything to avoid the Stones.

Not looking good folks. Not looking good at all.

LJ.
February 12th, 2005 11:42 AM
Nellcote LJ, why can't he do both?
Over time, he's managed to star in and produce movies, some to critical acclaim, while assisting in the orchestration of some of the most grandiose tours the rock world has ever witnessed.
It doesn't appear to phase him or the Stones
It seems to me he needs to be challenged, where Keith & Charlie seem content in one thing only.
Woody has much more flair for life beyond the Stones as well.

Mick could have the Stones playing the Olyimpcis!
February 12th, 2005 11:59 AM
LadyJane Oh I'm quite confident Mick is capable of multi tasking, Nelly.

I just can't shake this feeling that he's not into the Stones at the moment. Something isn't adding up with regards to the supposed new material.

I really hope I'm wrong.

LJ.
February 12th, 2005 12:04 PM
Nellcote We all know something is brewing...
He needs to see his name in headlines, like us all, I guess.
Patience my fellow Stones addict, patience..
On another matter, my sources are that one Drew Bledsoe is to be reunited with his 1st coach Bill Parcells, what have you heard...
February 12th, 2005 12:14 PM
LadyJane Hmmmm...interesting. Wouldn't surprise me though. Baby Drew's honeymoon is long gone and J.P. Losman's star is rising.

Developing..............

LJ.

BTW..I have NO patience. I want, make that NEED, a new album and Tour.

February 12th, 2005 12:18 PM
Nellcote LJ;

In the words of the all things '81 which I am currently spazing out on....

HANG FIRE!

In the sweet old country where I come from
Nobody ever works
Yeah nothing gets done
We hang fire, we hang fire
February 12th, 2005 02:12 PM
JaggerLips Jagger should do a new event in the Olympics for any rock star over the age of 55 for how long they can run for or something?

How about pitching the youthful vigour of Sir Mick Jagger Vs the rather tired (lack of sleep with the baby) Sir Paul McCartney? LOL

Jagger does lot's of things not Stones related it doesn't detract from them. Mick's got to do other things besides the Stones hasn't he? It keeps his mind ticking and when he gets together with his fellow Stones he is refreshed and can offer something different and fresh to the band as he has explored his creativity in other areas. He does films too, remember Enigma?
Mick's like a multi tasking woman!

I agree Ronnie and Mick have got a life outside of the Stones, Keith and Charlie haven't really unless they like to keep what they do private?
Ronnie is a brilliant artist and can do whatever he likes in that field, his paintings could be wort millions in the future, they go for thousands now.

I say go for it Mick!!! Good luck with the Ambassador to Culture (you are already) thing!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood