ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Ever Happened to Sam Cutler??? Return to archive
February 11th, 2005 05:56 PM
Make It Funky Can someone please offer the whereabouts of Sam Cutler? Ofcourse, he's the voice on "Ya-Yas" and why hasnt he written a tell-all book yet?

Cheers
February 11th, 2005 06:06 PM
Riffhard From what I have read after the debacle of Altamont the Stones have never talked to him. Thanks for the help now get the fuck away from us attitude. I guess they just wanted to erase any memory of the event and he was part of the whole thing so he got the boot.

Riffhard

PS-The only tell all book about that tour worth reading is the incomprable "The True Adventures of The Rolling Stones" by Stanley Booth. Infact it's the best book ever written about the band period.
February 11th, 2005 06:20 PM
lotsajizz Sam was the Dead's tour manager a few years in the early 70's...no news about him since then
February 11th, 2005 06:56 PM
doo doo doo Dude As much as I love the Dead, I blame them for the mess at Altamont way more than the Stones. They were the local band who refered the Hell's Angels as security. Not a good idea.
February 11th, 2005 07:42 PM
lotsajizz to put it mildly
February 11th, 2005 09:29 PM
Child of the Moon I'm fairly sure Sam's still around. I read Dennis McNally's great Dead bio this summer, and it seemed like all of the quotes from Sam seemed at least pretty recent. As to what he's currently doing, I don't know if the book ever mentioned it...
February 11th, 2005 10:40 PM
glencar Here's a link to an Aussie site: http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/stories/s1187911.htm
February 11th, 2005 11:36 PM
Make It Funky Geez.. you guys are just truly amazing. Ask And Ye Shall Receive!!

Not only the low-down, but links and the whole works!!! Wow!! Amazing.

Thank you so much.

Next: Where's Harvel Mandel hiding out? Rocky Dijon? Ollie Brown? Jean Luc Godard? Jim Price? That one roadie on the '73 tour.. too funny you guys...

PS: Billy Preston's goin to be on The "Grammy's" (wink and and nudge) this weekend to pay homage to Ray Charles.
February 11th, 2005 11:50 PM
gorda Secretly, I think that . . .

Sam Cutler was sexy!

If he had only cut his hair and styled it differently, and grown a goatee instead of that thin little mustache . . .

Plus, he had such a sexy voice!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood