ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Juice Guy Has Jitters Addressing NY Media (nsc) Return to archive
February 10th, 2005 08:34 PM
lotsajizz The Spankee still lies--to himself, to us, the media, the fans.....Jason Giambi's press conference in New York today was a joke. He apologizes but won't say for what!!!
The Spankee Liar says he didn't Lie to Grand Jury. He blows yet another chance to educate kids on
the Dangers of Steroids. Either ban these bums like Bonds* or just quit pretending and lying and let 'em take anything--coke, speed, growth hormones, whatevuh! I guess people forget what Lyle Alzado looked like his final year.....
February 10th, 2005 08:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
The Spankee still lies--to himself, to us, the media, the fans.....Jason Giambi's press conference in New York today was a joke. He apologizes but won't say for what!!!
The Spankee Liar says he didn't Lie to Grand Jury. He blows yet another chance to educate kids on
the Dangers of Steroids. Either ban these bums like Bonds* or just quit pretending and lying and let 'em take anything--coke, speed, growth hormones, whatevuh! I guess people forget what Lyle Alzado looked like his final year.....

what a joke, this juiced up piece of dung deserves everything his body gets, as does that ass clown in San Fran and Captain Cork formerly of Wrigleyville, now residing in D.C. where at least his mistruths will fit right in
February 10th, 2005 08:43 PM
glencar The problem with the juicers is that it's so widespread. Should those who've done it in the past be banned? How about not supporting MLB next season? These guys suck & yet there's no one who keeps tabs on them. The new plan isn't all that strong, is it?
February 10th, 2005 08:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
The problem with the juicers is that it's so widespread. Should those who've done it in the past be banned? How about not supporting MLB next season? These guys suck & yet there's no one who keeps tabs on them. The new plan isn't all that strong, is it?

The new plan is still weak, there are still too many ways around it. The only real punishment for these guys will be when they cannot play catch with their kids, their legacy is destroyed, and their sacks become the size of a penny
February 10th, 2005 08:50 PM
glencar And they die in their mid-40's...
February 10th, 2005 08:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
And they die in their mid-40's...

or write a book about it
February 10th, 2005 09:26 PM
littleredrooster Pretty sad another CA boy on Jamba Juice!
Putting your life on the line...NOT smart!
From the pictures of his prees conference it looks like he's no longer a 'jar head'.
MLB should tell the union....LIFETIME BAN if positive!
February 10th, 2005 09:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Pretty sad another CA boy on Jamba Juice!
Putting your life on the line...NOT smart!
From the pictures of his prees conference it looks like he's no longer a 'jar head'.
MLB should tell the union....LIFETIME BAN if positive!

here here
February 11th, 2005 01:18 PM
glencar No guts though. Instead we'll see another scandal 3 or 4 years from now. They'll never catch on.
February 11th, 2005 01:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
No guts though. Instead we'll see another scandal 3 or 4 years from now. They'll never catch on.

it comes down to basic economics. Baseball reached its most recent boom during the 98 season when home runs took center stage along with two particularly large, angry, growth spurted players as the poster boys.

Jersey sales were up, ratings were up (which means ad revenue), memorabilia sales skyrocketed. While these players put themselves at great personal risk, and threatened the integrity of the league, Bud Selig and his group of misfits were able to justify to themselves to look the otherway when they seen the bottom line on the general ledger.

Baseball feels they need chemically enhanced gorillas to be "fan friendly" the recent attempts to "stop" steroid use have been attempts to convince some fans that integrity of the game is top priority. Intelligent fans realize that this is all a farce!

bring back jb
February 11th, 2005 01:33 PM
glencar Yes. I agree with everything you post. I lost interest after the 94 strike & my interest was rekindled by the baseball runs. Then I realized what these guys had gone through. No way that Mark Mc, Sosa et al could have changed just by lifting weights. Now I root for the Yankees but it doesn't mean what it did. I saw some old time players on a 1950's TV show a few days ago & those guys had it all over these idiots today.
February 11th, 2005 01:36 PM
Riffhard The Players Union will always cover for these guys. Although there is also something to be said for the owners,managers,and yes,even the fans,that demand that these guys hit 60 HR's and steal 40 bases a year. It has been so prevelant for so long that only the fans walking away from the game will change old habits. Do you think there is any chance of that? Hell no! Old habits die very hard.

Riffhard
February 11th, 2005 01:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes. I agree with everything you post. I lost interest after the 94 strike & my interest was rekindled by the baseball runs. Then I realized what these guys had gone through. No way that Mark Mc, Sosa et al could have changed just by lifting weights. Now I root for the Yankees but it doesn't mean what it did. I saw some old time players on a 1950's TV show a few days ago & those guys had it all over these idiots today.

couldnt have said it any better. Even as a very young fan (i am 27), the players of yesteryear had it all. from the early eras up until about 1990, No one worked the mound like the Ryan Express, a prettier swing than Pucket may not have existed (the one with his bat, not at his wife), Nothing screamed 9th inning like Lee Smith or Eck, until he gambled it all away, no one played the game like Pete, etc...the list goes on and on, Bench, Fisk, Boggs, Matingly, Brett, Dale Murphy, Sutter, Ripken, etc
February 13th, 2005 12:43 AM
sirmoonie Ultimately, these baseball debates have become moof. Plain fact of the matter is that baseball ended in the early 50s.

Before then you could get kong-blitzed and hurl invective racial slurs at the Negro athletes. Now its all this "political correctedness" shit that the "liberal" media would "have" you "think" is "corrected."

Its fucked up, my niggies. Fucked O' Up.

Up o' fucked.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood