ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Making it legal....Charles to marry Camilla Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 10th, 2005 06:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Charles to marry Camilla
By Paul Majendie

LONDON (Reuters) - Prince Charles has revealed he will marry Camilla Parker Bowles on April 8, sparking intense debate about whether his divorced, longtime lover should become queen.

A top aide confirmed the shock news to Reuters. Parker Bowles will be given the title of Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall after the marriage, an official statement said.

Parker Bowles is the great love of Charles' life -- the pair met in their 20s at a polo match -- but the 58-year-old mother of two has faced an uphill struggle to rival his former wife, the late Princess Diana, in the public's affection.

Charles, 56, was divorced in 1996 from Diana, who blamed "rottweiler" Parker Bowles and the prying media for the break-up. Diana died in a Paris car crash in 1997.

Since then, and after years of choreographed appearances, Parker Bowles has been accepted as Charles' partner.

As monarch, Charles would also assume a titular role as head of the Church of England, which is divided over the propriety of marrying divorcees.

Charles' sons William and Harry have now accepted Parker Bowles, who shares official rooms with him at his London residence.

QUEEN CAMILLA?

"She would have to take the status of Prince Charles and ultimately that of queen unless there is legislation passed to the contrary," Dr David Starkey, historian and constitutional expert, told Reuters.

Charles and Camilla had a two-year love affair after first meeting in 1971 but Camilla then married cavalry officer Andrew Parker Bowles, divorcing him in 1995.

Charles admitted in 1994 that he and Camilla had resumed their affair after his marriage had irretrievably broken down.

Diana memorably said on national television "there were three of us in the marriage, so it was a bit crowded", while he was secretly taped sharing intimate pillow talk with his lover.

Biographer Penny Junor said: "This will divide opinion and some people will think it is the end of the world. But once it has happened, people will accept it.

"He's very much in love with her and she with him. That's just the way it is."

February 10th, 2005 07:35 AM
charlotte she looks like Imus's twin...
February 10th, 2005 07:43 AM
egon here's what i think;

- we need a new album
- we need a new tour
- i need a drink
February 10th, 2005 10:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
here's what i think;

- we need a new album
- we need a new tour
- i need a drink

Charles is a bore for sure, but he is YOUR KING...or will be.
February 10th, 2005 10:48 AM
Zeeta No Motel - Egon is NOT british.

However, he is correct in the 3 points he makes.

Charles will abdicate and make william the king anyhows - I care not...the royals are good for two things, tradition and tourism!

Stonesing!

February 10th, 2005 11:11 AM
Hannalee Constitutional expert, my arse. Did marrying Elizabeth make Philip king when she became queen? Camilla will be the Princess Consort when Charles (who certainly won't abdicate)succeeds to the throne. cf Victoria and Albert.

It's hilarious that anyone should think C&C are getting married two months from now without having sorted this stuff out beforehand.
February 10th, 2005 11:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
It's hilarious that anyone should think C&C are getting married two months from now without having sorted this stuff out beforehand.

For sure.

Anyway, Forget that stuff ...for a second. I wish 'em all the best....and hope the Brits put this stuff to the side for a bit and enjoy the celebration.
February 10th, 2005 11:41 AM
David Who gives a flying fuck?
February 10th, 2005 02:34 PM
nankerphelge I am reminded of the great Saturday Night Live skit where Charles was transformed into a tampon!

And Mick was the butler if I recall...
February 10th, 2005 02:36 PM
glencar These people should all be beheaded. April 8th sounds like the right time.
February 10th, 2005 05:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

For sure.

Anyway, Forget that stuff ...for a second. I wish 'em all the best....and hope the Brits put this stuff to the side for a bit and enjoy the celebration.

somehow doubtful considering that as a nation we almost universally hate the bitch
February 10th, 2005 05:51 PM
LadyJane That bitch made Diana's life a nightmare. I will always hate her for that. These two twats deserve each other, but she should NEVER be Queen. NEVER.

Hey...we Yanks love this stuff!!

LJ.
February 10th, 2005 06:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
That bitch made Diana's life a nightmare. I will always hate her for that.

These two twats deserve each other, but she should NEVER be Queen. NEVER.

she can't and won't be.

quote:
Hey...we Yanks love this stuff!!

LJ.

we're bored with it. You're welcome to both of them!
February 10th, 2005 08:07 PM
glencar I think she should be Queen. The tourists need to hold onto that dream.
February 10th, 2005 08:22 PM
Gazza If thats the case, they need to get out more!
February 10th, 2005 08:23 PM
glencar LOL
February 10th, 2005 10:12 PM
Soldatti You can't marry with your lover, and even less you lover of 20 years ago!
February 10th, 2005 10:33 PM
Mr Hess
quote:
charlotte wrote:
she looks like Imus's twin...

Best line yet!
February 11th, 2005 10:43 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
That bitch made Diana's life a nightmare. I will always hate her for that.

Wouldn't that be a reason to like her?

Don't get me started.
February 11th, 2005 03:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think she should be Queen.

Me too.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
February 12th, 2005 10:24 AM
BillyBoll Anyone wanna take a slightly soiled royal family of our hands?

Guaranteed constant drain on resources and having your noses rubbed in a constitutional nonsense where an accident of birth allows you to be the nominal head of the country.

Off with their heads!

And as for that moron Diana, why we still have to suffer people bemoaning her terrible life is beyond me!!
February 12th, 2005 08:05 PM
kath why didn't he marry camilla in the first place? was there some sort of chain of command issue or something? why did he put diana through all that if he didn't love her?

there's a lot of stuff in our paper today about it, like what should be on the wedding cake? "whore and bore".

what color should her dress be? yellow to match her teeth....

and didn't we fight a rather extensive and expensive war so that we as americans didn't have to give a rat's ass about this?

but i have to admit, i admired diana greatly, and charles was a chump to treat her like that.
February 12th, 2005 08:21 PM
caro I know there's a lot more awful lives to be born into, but still... the one thing in the world that I wouldn't want is being one of the british royals. It's a bit of a wonder that they aren't already all dead by mutual poisoning or stangulation, Hamlet-style... I know that's the only occupation I could think of if I was raised in that sort of fishbowl.
Like your avatar, TTM! I had once considered using this one!

|
|
|
V

February 12th, 2005 08:52 PM
glencar kath, she was a Catholic & was not considered right for the throne. Also, he was a bit of a playboy & went off to join the Brit Navy & then she married Mr. Parker-Bowles. Charles is godfather to their son! LOL Stepfather & Godfater in one!
February 12th, 2005 09:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:

And as for that moron Diana, why we still have to suffer people bemoaning her terrible life is beyond me!!

Amen, Bollie. It was okay when that neurotic, back-stabbing bitch was running around trying to pose for the fame she set her life about achieving. Cheers to her. Thousands have come and gone before.

But when she shacked up with that drug-dealing Islamic playboy wanna-be, she not only disgraced her country, but her family as well.

Pee-Di, was an absolute liberal media created waste of bandwidth.
February 12th, 2005 10:54 PM
Bloozehound now moonie, you're gonna make'm boo hoo hoo their gossip rags into mush causing the streets to become awash with black ink and cheap pulp filth

btw did you see what P diddy was wearing at the golden globes, for reals dawg!
February 12th, 2005 11:51 PM
kath so, back to the original issue...

harry..what WILL he wear to the wedding??

he should go dressed as di, and wearing a di mask....

February 13th, 2005 04:57 AM
prism Is George Bush president by accident of birth? Likewise will his brother Jeb be president in 2008? Diana helped to get rid of land mines planted by Reagan and Bush, she wasn't a total nitwit.
February 13th, 2005 06:47 AM
glencar Unlike yourself...
February 13th, 2005 12:44 PM
Mr Hess The Royals are as boring as the Kennedys.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood