ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: more black crowes in nyc.... (nsc) Return to archive
February 7th, 2005 08:25 PM
mac_daddy

Tickets for all five of The Black Crowes' special "All Join Hands" concerts at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom (March 22, 23, 25, 26, 27) sold out just minutes after going on sale to the public. Because of this tremendous outpouring of fan support, the band has announced two additional Hammerstein shows on March 29 and 30.

For the two new Hammerstein dates, there will be an opportunity for fans to buy tickets in advance of the February 12th public on sale by participating in an Internet pre-sale on February 10 (starting at 9am ET). For more information, go to www.blackcrowes.com.

Propelled by months of reunion rumors within the band's loyal fan community, the five-night Hammerstein run represented the fastest New York sell-out that The Black Crowes have experienced to date.

As a result of this success and overwhelming demand, The Black Crowes have now been asked to join the main stage on two of the most prestigious festivals in America: Bonnaroo (June 11) and the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (April 22).

All this, before a single note has even been played by the band, whose last performance was October 31, 2001.
February 7th, 2005 10:35 PM
Make It Funky Yeah!~! Cool eh? But the only thing incorrect with your post dude, was, the context of Bonnaroo and Jazz Festival.

I don't believe they have been asked at all to play the main stage(s) at these two respective festivals. What I think the link was, was to beg the question, as in being cheeky with festival organizers who have snubbed them, dismissing them as "has-beens". Read:

The Black Crowes: ACCEPT INVITATIONS TO PLAY THE MAINSTAGE

This is how "I" interpreted that posting. I could be wrong!
But I don't think they have even been considered for any festivals, other than their own shows at the Hammerstein!

Could I've Been So Blind?

Cheers!

February 8th, 2005 08:56 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Yeah!~! Cool eh? But the only thing incorrect with your post dude, was, the context of Bonnaroo and Jazz Festival.

I don't believe they have been asked at all to play the main stage(s) at these two respective festivals. What I think the link was, was to beg the question, as in being cheeky with festival organizers who have snubbed them, dismissing them as "has-beens". Read:

The Black Crowes: ACCEPT INVITATIONS TO PLAY THE MAINSTAGE

But I don't think they have even been considered for any festivals, other than their own shows at the Hammerstein!

Cheers!

i dont know - i copied the article and pasted it here... click the pic for the original page...
February 9th, 2005 10:38 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:

The Black Crowes will, in fact, be the headlining acts at Jazz Fest and Bonnaroo and will play on the main stage at both.

its good to have them back.

Rock and Roll needs The Black Crowes in 2005 and beyond.
February 10th, 2005 12:27 AM
Make It Funky Hey Saint.. Leave it to you to make all reparations... cheers. Thanks for clearing it up. Perhaps I read way too much more into things??? hahah I am an optimist - really!!
(The Crowes have returned, havent they!?!?!) :-)

So.. who's goin to Bonnaroo? NOJF??

Cheers from Canada.
February 10th, 2005 07:21 PM
Some Guy Whats the lineup??
February 10th, 2005 09:45 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Whats the lineup??

http://www.bonnaroo.com/2005/
February 12th, 2005 07:06 AM
crb69 Crowes fans are still waiting to hear who in fact is touring with the Robinson brothers this year. We all know they are the "Glimmer Twins" of the group but any true Crowes fan misses hearing the guitar line up of Rich Robinson & Marc Ford. Listening to Ford's solo effort recently I could really hear that Crowes lead tone. Rich did a superb job on the Crowes release 'By Your Side' covering all guitars on the CD (similar to Keef on Let it Bleed) but this is live people! The Crowes need 2 great guitarists to achieve their sound live; unless they do an acoustic set together. Another favorite of the band is ED (I don't know his last name off hand) on keyboards. Personally for me any good musicians will do for a rhythm section in the new line up, but the old familiar line up (pictured above in the first post) from their 2nd CD 'Southern Harmony...' through 'Amorica' would be a treat. That coming from an experienced NYC 'Beacon' show-goer back in the ninties. They played with the 'Dirty Dozen Brass Band' as an opener that night. At the end of the show they brought out the brass to play on the last few numbers. The show was so hot that night they were opening the doors in the middle of winter to let cool air in the theatre...lol
[Edited by crb69]
[Edited by crb69]
[Edited by crb69]
[Edited by crb69]
February 12th, 2005 05:45 PM
Some Guy When I was younger I knew the original bass player when we were in 8th grade.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood