ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Thread Showing Off Your Exquisite Listening Tastes Pt. VII Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 27th, 2004 08:57 PM
mac_daddy right on, voodoo!

how many shows were there that day - one or two..?

i am currently listening to this...

(not my notes)

The Rolling Stones

Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY, 11-27-69

Setlist:

1. Sam Cutler Intro
2. Jumping Jack Flash
3. Carol
4. Sympathy For The Devil
5. Stray Cat Blues
6. Love In Vain
7. Prodigal Son
8. You Gotta Move
9. Under My Thumb
10. I´m Free
11. Midnight Rambler
12. Live With Me
13. Little Queenie
14. (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Street Fighting Man

Source/Gen: master > 1st gen casssette > CDR > wav (EAC) > shn (mkw)

Quality: very good audience (8.0/8.5), a bit distant at during the first few minutes but it improves during JJF.

Notes:
This show is from the last week of the band´s 1969 US tour, just a few days before Altamont. The playing is tight throughout and this concert is one of their best live performances ever featuring Mick Taylor who was in the band for just four months but whose playing is phenomenal already. The backing tracks of several songs (incl. Jumpin´ Jack Flash and Honky Tonk Women) were used on the "Get Yer Ya-Ya´s Out album" which features material from all three MSG performances.
November 27th, 2004 08:58 PM
Nasty Habits Your command is my obey, Mr. Voodoo.

Everything seems to be ready . . . are we ready?

Hey Mac_D - is that the one where they join Under My Thumb into I'm Free without missing a beat? With the stellar Mick Taylor solo with that beautiful high feedback note right in the middle? Love that one the most!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
November 27th, 2004 09:19 PM
mac_daddy
quote:

Hey Mac_D - is that the one where they join Under My Thumb into I'm Free without missing a beat? With the stellar Mick Taylor solo with that beautiful high feedback note right in the middle? Love that one the most!

yes - i dig it, too...

i think that the mick t solo on i'm free during the 11/08 show at the forum is the best - he absolutely rips it up!
November 27th, 2004 09:49 PM
Tom Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out the loudest I can
November 27th, 2004 09:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
November 27th, 2004 09:57 PM
gustavobala i am hearding too...yes, get yer is one the best what i see im my life....
November 27th, 2004 10:00 PM
gustavobala hey, look at tits girl....lol

is this a original snoopy?????
November 27th, 2004 10:09 PM
Nasty Habits gustavobala, that's "Peanuts" courtesy of an artist/writer named the MAD PECK! He did cartoon record reviews for magazines like Rolling Stone and Cream in the 60s and ran his own hippie catalog and bootleg oldies labels.

In the review, Stoner Schroeder and Lidded Linus are arguing over which bootleg album is better, Live-R Than You'll Ever Be or Hyde Park. Linus considers Live-R just too "slick" and thinks he prefers Hyde Park. So when Charlie Brown shows up with a copy of the official Ya Ya's album they get too cool for school and split.

Snoopy, as usual, has the right idea.

I think I busted a button on my trousers!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
November 27th, 2004 10:20 PM
gustavobala
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
gustavobala, that's "Peanuts" courtesy of an artist/writer named the MAD PECK! He did cartoon record reviews for magazines like Rolling Stone and Cream in the 60s and ran his own hippie catalog and bootleg oldies labels.

In the review, Stoner Schroeder and Lidded Linus are arguing over which bootleg album is better, Live-R Than You'll Ever Be or Hyde Park. Linus considers Live-R just too "slick" and thinks he prefers Hyde Park. So when Charlie Brown shows up with a copy of the official Ya Ya's album they get too cool for school and split.

Snoopy, as usual, has the right idea.

I think I busted a button on my trousers!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

thanxs nasty, i don't know this history...
November 27th, 2004 10:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I added the first part to support Filthy Habits comment

November 27th, 2004 10:38 PM
Nasty Habits Thanks Voodoo! That cartoon always brightens my day!

What's on the psychedelic stereo now, señor?

I am rockin' the Rezillo's Mission Accomplished . . . But the Beat Goes On!! in honor of rockin' live albums night. It wasn't recorded today, but I bought it today, so I'm playing it.

November 27th, 2004 11:17 PM
mac_daddy you didn't ask, but...

i got echo and the bunnymen (live in 1981 @ the whiskey a go-go). reminds me of junior high school - their first few albums are the sh*t...
November 27th, 2004 11:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
What's on the psychedelic stereo now, señor?

Jimi to celebrate his birthday I'm listening "Albert Hall Experience" with Dave Mason and Chris Wood as special guest, what a jam!

Then I will go for the Jimi Hendrix-Traffic Sessions in 1968
November 27th, 2004 11:33 PM
mac_daddy listening to jimi is a good idea...

there was a ton of great outtakes and bootlegs circulating last year - i picked up as much as i could, but i only found a few tracks of the jimi/traffic stuff...

jimi was awesome!!!

edit:
i settled on listening to this one...

(not my notes)

Jimi Hendrix - Jazz Stuff
Artist: Jimi Hendrix

Source: Studio Outtakes

Lineage: Master reels > cassette x2 or 3 >DAT >CDR >Soundstudio >SHN

Tracks

01. Jam with Larry Young (AKA fuzzy guitar jam) (20.18)
02. Jam with Keyboards (13.40)
03. Jam with Chris Wood and Dave Palmer (19.01)
04. Stepping Stone - I'm A Man Jam (16.00)

Notes:
Basically the first two tracks are jams with jazz keyboard player Larry Young, I think they may be from the Record Plant 15 May 1969 (better check that though). The third track is from Electric Ladyland studios, 15 June 1970 and has Chris Wood on sax and Dave Palmer on drums. This is often bundled up with the so called traffic Jams. The final track has an odd mix but I'm sure there is another version with a more equal balance (well perhaps). This track is from the Hit Factory and probably dates from August/September 1969 when Jimi still had the Gypsy Sun and Rainbows lineup.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 28th, 2004 07:41 PM
Cant Catch Me Shuggie Otis, "Inspiration Information." Wow, far out, man! I heard somewhere that the Stones considered Shuggie as a guitar player at one time or the other.

Also, "Money Jungle," a trio of Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus and Max Roach. Nice mellow, low-key jazz, flawlessly played.
November 29th, 2004 06:12 AM
Zeeta Sunshine of Your Love - Hendrix and Jim Morrison Live

Really crap recording and Morrison is totally fucked up. I'm only listening to it for the obscenities Morrison comes out with half way through...if you own it you'll know cracks me up every time! LOL!

Also,

The Black Keys - Rubber Factory, a decent record, not a patch on the White Stripes though..
November 29th, 2004 06:38 AM
beer beer's top ten of the day:

1: Exile on vinyl
2: Some girls on shitty cassette
3: Tattoo You on vinyl
4: Gypsy: great poster with a great sense of humor
5: Keef's guitar solo on Sympathy... the complete opposite of his crap solo in the horrific "Live at The Max" version

6: The fact that "Sway" remains as one of their absolute best songs, yet is an always ignored underdog.
7:Brian's slide guitar part in "No Expectations"
8: Mick Taylor and everything he contributed to the best R-n-r band of all time.
9:Charlie Watts
10: Tumblin Dice

--
November 29th, 2004 11:03 AM
Nasty Habits
Dude, wait until you hear Tattoo You on eight track. It's the ultimate.

No, actually, the ultimate is my mono 45 of Tumbling Dice that I wailed to all weekend long, three four times a day. Great great mix and too much soul . . .

At the moment: Royal Trux -- Thank You. What a great Stones ripoff album!!

November 29th, 2004 10:42 PM
Soldatti Today:
Queen On Fire: Live At The Bowl
Live At Forth Worth '72
November 30th, 2004 10:14 PM
Soldatti Ya-Ya's today
November 30th, 2004 10:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ten Years AFter Live at the Fillmore East 1970 officialy released in 2002 (great... and good memories as I have years not listening these guys)
November 30th, 2004 10:19 PM
Madafaka U2 - How To Dimantle An Atomic Bomb
CHEMICAL BROTHERS - Singles 93/03
November 30th, 2004 11:30 PM
mac_daddy currently - Benevento/Russo Duo

you absolutely should check these guys out if you have the chance - they are fantastic!!

dig the second set

http://www.organanddrums.com/cover.htm

lazy bones - they are playing the el mocambo this weekend, and i highly suggest that you attend...

10/29/2004
Fallstaff's, Skidmore College - Saratoga Springs, NY

Source: Neumann SKM-184 (NOS 110° @ 4', 2' from Marco's keys) > Sound Devices MP-2 >
Oade mod Sony SBM-1 > Nomad Jukebox 3 > Sound Forge 6 (fades) > CD Wave (tracking)> FLAC 1.1.1

Recording and Mastering by Mike Wren ([email protected])

Disc 1

01) Intro.
02) Becky
03) 3 Question Marks
04) Love Song
05) Scratchitti
06) Smells Like Teen Spirit
07) 9 x 9
08) Paranoid Android
09) Vortex
10) Waltz #1
11) Abduction Pose
12) Darts

Disc 2

01) The Song Remains the Same
02) What is and What Should Never Be
03) The Ocean
04) Four Sticks
05) Heartbreaker -> Guitar Solo -> Heartbreaker
06) Moby Dick -> Drum Solo -> Moby Dick
07) Ramble On
08) Immigrant Song
09) Fool in the Rain
10) All of My Love
11) Houses of the Holy
12) Black Dog
13) Outro.

Second Set Led Zep Tribute with Scott Metzger (RANA) on guitar and
Dave Daeiwitz (Ween) on bass
[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 30th, 2004 11:46 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Also,

The Black Keys - Rubber Factory, a decent record, not a patch on the White Stripes though..

I've been underwhelmed by dem. Only heard boots tho...

[Edited by polksalad69]
December 1st, 2004 12:42 AM
Barney Fife Gosto de Jorge Ben tambem.

December 1st, 2004 06:20 PM
mac_daddy led zeppelin - march 27, 1975 @ the fabulous forum (inglewood, ca)

source: akg mics > nak cm > vhs > my dat (no stinkin' bootlegs here - this comes direct from original digital archive of the master cassette [on vhs tape] )
December 1st, 2004 07:12 PM
Soldatti Bob Dylan - Time Out Of Mind
December 1st, 2004 11:05 PM
Barney Fife

Dave "Rebel" Robel:

My good friend Sam Ghansah:

World's Greatest Unknown Guitarist, Danny Gatton:

December 1st, 2004 11:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Ten Years AFter Live at the Fillmore East 1970 officialy released in 2002 (great... and good memories as I have years not listening these guys)

Listening to it again, it rocks babies, I had more than 10 years not listening to them and now I have less than 24 hours
December 1st, 2004 11:36 PM
Barney Fife Better check out Duane and Dickey at the Fillmore East too!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood