ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Forum, Montreal July 17, 1972
© Harold Whyte with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another Thread Showing Off Your Exquisite Listening Tastes Pt. VII Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 19th, 2004 01:33 PM
Nasty Habits Doug Sahm & Band -- The Genuine Texas Groover -- Complete Atlantic Recordings Double CD on Rhino Handmade
November 19th, 2004 01:46 PM
Factory Girl Last Night-The Libertines.
November 19th, 2004 01:52 PM
Madafaka SONATA ARCTICA - Reckoning Night

[Edited by Madafaka]
November 19th, 2004 01:54 PM
caro Vince Mendoza - Sketches
November 19th, 2004 02:31 PM
Vinyl kills Aerosmith "Night in the ruts"
November 19th, 2004 02:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Steve Miller Band #5
November 19th, 2004 03:15 PM
nankerphelge Actually been listening to disc 1 of the Stones blues CD that Maxmeister pulled together back 4 years ago!!

Fine stuff!
November 19th, 2004 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Actually been listening to disc 1 of the Stones blues CD that Maxmeister pulled together back 4 years ago!!

Fine stuff!

Yeah , " Stones Got the Blues " or something like that ...............MaxMeister gave that CD to me at the " Cleveland Summit " and surprisingly it made the trip home with me .

I have only listened to it once though .......

....time to Dig it Up !

.....time to :

***************END TRANSMISSION ***************

Cassie Phewing ! ™

November 19th, 2004 03:57 PM
beer Joey. why you no dance like clown no more? Why??

=

November 19th, 2004 03:58 PM
J.J.Flash You Got Me Rockin' from Voodoo Brew Disc 1 - man....that's what I call RAW
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
November 19th, 2004 03:59 PM
beer --------Currently listening to the Ramones----------
November 19th, 2004 04:10 PM
Mr. D Some live Traffic...."On the Road".
November 19th, 2004 04:29 PM
Riffhard I'm so glad you asked. Tonight I'll be cranking a variety of music John Prine,Stones,early Dylan,Johnny Cash.......I'll be drinking some icy cold Warsteiners and Guinness a little Tullamore Dew neat and ofcourse a little herb to get my mind right. I'm feein' it tonight! If ya take my meaning. I'm in a rare form and ready to get juiced up and sloppy torn and frayed and such. And you?

Riffhard
November 19th, 2004 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:
Joey. why you no dance like clown no more? Why??

=

The " S.D.I. ( Still Drunken Idiot ) " bit remains , to this very day , the single greatest posting event in the HISTORY of the internet .

Word ....to you's Mammas

" You are such a JackAss ...........Dance like a Clown for Me .......Do a little " Two - Step " there boy ----- Ronnie ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERKY BOY BLUE !
November 19th, 2004 06:02 PM
J.J.Flash Fuckin' Stones - Potted Shrimp....

btw, I know I have asked that before.... but maybe I was drunk to death or now I'm drunk... so.... when was it recorded??

I know it was taken around 71....
November 19th, 2004 09:00 PM
Soldatti Black And Blue
November 20th, 2004 12:59 AM
Gimme Shelter Aftermath
November 20th, 2004 02:42 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Doug Sahm & Band -- The Genuine Texas Groover -- Complete Atlantic Recordings Double CD on Rhino Handmade

kick ass

u ever hear the story about shifty dougie swindling the song rights to a couple sahm/erikson jems over a smoothy

ole Doug was a true virtuoso and champion of traditional
American music, his ole buddy B Dylan will admit as much
November 20th, 2004 01:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl While I think of a new header I'm listening my new acquisition: Frank Zappa "QuAUDIOPHILIAc", a great DVD-Audio

Arf!
November 20th, 2004 01:17 PM
stewed & Keefed Pixies - Doolittle
Radiohead - The Bends
November 20th, 2004 01:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl One of the things I like of this threads is that I can take a listen to many of your exquisite recommendations via Real Rhapsody, a great way to listen first and decide if buy later, record, download and forget
November 20th, 2004 02:36 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

kick ass

u ever hear the story about shifty dougie swindling the song rights to a couple sahm/erikson jems over a smoothy

ole Doug was a true virtuoso and champion of traditional
American music, his ole buddy B Dylan will admit as much

Yeah, I know that story. I wish I didn't -- I don't like to think of Sir Doug as the kind of dude who would take advantage of a schizophrenic over the rights to his songs.

Anyway, Doug Sahm is one of my favorite performers of all time -- great vocalist, fiddle player, guitarist, steel player. Amazing band, too -- Augie Meyer is as great a collaborator as you could want. The Nes Plus Ultra Doug Sahm CD is The Return of Doug Saldaña, the album he made for Mercury after returning to Texas from his hippie California sojurns. Just one of the best country/rock albums ever made. I'll take it over Grevious Angel any day of the week.

Currently: SMiLE. Vinyl!

November 20th, 2004 08:44 PM
violentkind Kate Bush "THE DREAMING"
November 20th, 2004 09:01 PM
Scot Rocks Yesterday Kasabian - Kasabian,

and today the Doors and The Who by Numbers
November 20th, 2004 09:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
violentkind wrote:
Kate Bush "THE DREAMING"

LOL the other day I was listening "The Kick Inside", Kate Bush was great but no other album was as great as the first. She had a great live show back in the 70s
November 20th, 2004 11:47 PM
BILL PERKS JOHN MELLENCAMP-CUTTING HEADS
November 20th, 2004 11:53 PM
sirmoonie Lou Reed - Rock n Roll Animal
Ice Cube - Lethal Weapon
Sly - Greatest Hits
Petty - Long After Dark
November 21st, 2004 07:46 AM
stewed & Keefed Stones - King Of Drugs
November 21st, 2004 01:21 PM
Monkey Woman Right now: War - "Why Can't We Be Friends" on AngelFire Radio
http://www.angelfireradio.com/
November 21st, 2004 01:30 PM
Gazza been live music for me over Friday & saturday night

Friday - Steve Earle & The Dukes, Barrowland, Glasgow
Saturday - The Rollin' Clones, Empire, Belfast

Steve's show was very Stonesy in theme. They played the "Let it Bleed" album over the PA before the show, his opening act Alison Moorer sported a figure hugging "Stones 72 tour" t-shirt which was enough to give me sufficient fantasies of depraved sexual acts to last me a month and towards the end of his own set, Steve quipped that there were "only two ways of curing the post-election blues - One - get the fuck out of the country, and two - play Rolling Stones covers" before playing a great version of "Sweet Virginia". He played 30 songs in a set lasting 140 minutes!

The tribute band show was great fun too. They didnt just do the obvious greatest hits stuff either (opening with "YGMR" and closing with "Dont stop", no less!).
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood