ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie the 'Shuffle and Eights Master" Watts Return to archive
02-16-04 08:18 AM
JaggerLips Whenever I see peoples opinions on the best drummer ever Charlie Watts never gets a mention. I don't understand it.
He's been doing his stuff for over 40 years now. I can understand that one armed guy from Led Zepplin(I think it's them) getting a lot of plaudits credit's where credit's due.

I have noticed on the 80's and 90's albums that you can hear Charlie a lot more, drumming is integral to a lot of the Stones songs particularly Thru and Thru, Flip the Switch, Moon is Up etc etc. He's the 'engine' to the Stones, they never go anywhere without the engine as the thing the Stones doesn't work.
Basically I think Charlie deserves more credit.
02-16-04 08:47 AM
Hannalee
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Whenever I see peoples opinions on the best drummer ever Charlie Watts never gets a mention. I don't understand it.
He's been doing his stuff for over 40 years now. I can understand that one armed guy from Led Zepplin(I think it's them) getting a lot of plaudits credit's where credit's due.

Def Leppard. Zep's drummer may be dead, but at least he's still got both arms.

02-16-04 08:58 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
Hannalee wrote:

Def Leppard. Zep's drummer may be dead, but at least he's still got both arms.

Thanks for that wasn't sure!! Now I know!!

BEST VIEWED HIGH