ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Valentines Day Sux Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-13-04 08:10 PM
Some Guy For men atleast, made up bull shit holiday bunch a bull shit card buying cheap ass gotta get da lady the gift man i need a mans holiday! Help!!
02-13-04 08:13 PM
throbby Hey Some Guy, surely you get someting nice in return?
02-13-04 08:14 PM
Moonisup I think I'll get so many cards that I can't open the door
02-13-04 08:15 PM
Poplar
I am eager to join the anti-Valentines Day cabal.

the time is right for fighting in the street, boy!

02-13-04 08:59 PM
Some Guy happy valentines day.. every day is the 14th!!
02-13-04 09:02 PM
nankerphelge SG, nothing says "I love you" like getting blind drunk and singing Stones lyrics to your girl at the top of your lungs!!

At least that's what I've found over the years!

02-13-04 09:03 PM
Some Guy i'm just waiting on a friend.
02-13-04 09:04 PM
Scot Rocks I couldn't open the door this morning...

as i couldn't find my keys

02-13-04 09:08 PM
Some Guy Forced affection
02-13-04 09:15 PM
Some Guy
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey Some Guy, surely you get someting nice in return?

oh yeah just hate the pressure on a young man.
02-13-04 09:24 PM
gypsy I agree...Valentine's is way overrated. I must be the only girl who doesn't care for flower...come on--they die...what a waste of money. I don't expect a thing from my man...cuz Valentine's is just another day to me, and he knows it. I gotta work tomorrow anyways.
One Valentine's, when we were younger-he melted chocolate and poured it out to spell "I Love Jayme." And that was the sweetest Valentine's I remember. Plus, he made it with one candy bar, I think...maybe two. Either way, it's cheap and romantic.
Thank me later.
02-13-04 09:27 PM
nankerphelge Oh yes!

Gypsy you are a goddess!

Oh YES!!!

Salvation!
02-13-04 09:28 PM
Poplar
wise woman, that Gypsy

02-13-04 09:49 PM
LadyJane Gypsy is a very wise woman. I'm happy to call her my friend.

Where did Nanky go?? Oh..he's scrambling around looking for candy bars to melt!! LOL

Yes..boys...it's those simple things that mean the most.

LJ.

02-13-04 09:54 PM
nankerphelge Improvised a bit with assistance of the younger daughter!

Chocolate covered strawberries with little red, white and pink sprinkle hearts and caramel drizzle!

It's the atomic red drinking suit!
I'm bulletproof!!
02-13-04 10:24 PM
gypsy I finally have Friday nights off...and look what I do--sit around here with you guys! ha! I'm making CD's and labels and the puppies are fighting over which one gets to sit in my lap. They were just outside chasing snowflakes. God, I love stuff like that...it's so cute.
Anyways, here is how Jason made the chocolate thing...he melted the candy bars...then poured them out to spell the above on Reynold's Wrap, which he then put in the freezer for a couple of hours. Hope that helps!
02-14-04 01:58 AM
gypsy Valentine's Day does suck. My new girl puppy just pee'd on my down comforter...which I just washed. She did it on purpose...she is jealous of me and Jason. I know it.
02-14-04 02:58 AM
FotiniD I agree, Valentine's Day is the most sickening mellow, hyper-"cute" "celebration" that ever saw the face of earth. Disgusting to death.

P.S. I know how you feel Gypsy, I have the same thing going with a kitten
02-14-04 12:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To honor this thread I?m gonna put a header with Keith's shortest affair (or no affair)
02-14-04 12:13 PM
gypsy You mean Uschi Obermaier? Lil Wenglass-Green? Linda Keith? I would say that Lil or Linda were the shortest affairs.
[Edited by gypsy]
02-14-04 12:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No, I'm talking about Mari Ann Moller, not sure if she was the shortest
02-14-04 02:14 PM
Some Guy cupid is stoopid.
02-14-04 02:35 PM
gypsy Oh. Good one, voo. I never thought those two made a good couple.
02-14-04 02:36 PM
sammy davis jr. Just another reason to hate dogs Gypsy......they are SOOOO NEEDY!!!!
02-14-04 02:43 PM
gypsy No! I love my male dog. he's a sweetie. very independent.
02-14-04 07:17 PM
Some Guy its been a good day thus far.
02-14-04 08:29 PM
glencar Mary Ann Moller looks like a groupie!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-16-04 12:40 PM
LadyJane ---OOPS----

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (Reuters) - An intimate Valentine's Day (news - web sites) text message nearly caused a Malaysian couple to split when it landed on the wrong mobile phone number, a newspaper reported on Sunday.

A 27-year-old man and his wife of two months were taking a romantic drive around a park in Seremban, south off Kuala Lumpur, when his phone beeped just after midnight, The Sunday Star said.

He asked her to retrieve the message, which read: "Darling, I really miss you, always thinking of you even when you are not here tonight beside me in the bed, I am waiting, lots and kisses and hugs - Jane."

The wife demanded her husband stop the car, accused him of infidelity and left for her parents' home in a taxi. She refused to take his calls and his father-in-law later told him she would be filing for a divorce.

It took 12 frantic hours before the sender of the message was traced. She called the wife with an explanation, and the couple made up with a hug in front of their families.

I guess our VD could have been worse

LJ.
02-16-04 05:00 PM
luxury1 Did anyone else get nipple clamps?
02-16-04 07:38 PM
gypsy ha! no. but i do find that battery cables work in place of nipple clamps.
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH