ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: saddam was a user... (nsc) Return to archive
02-13-04 01:25 PM
mac_daddy Saddam's aide says dictator was 'heavily into drugs'

A former senior aide of Saddam Hussein claims the dictator was probably high on drugs when he decided to invade Kuwait in 1990.

Issam Rashid Walid, Iraq's ex-Chief of Protocol, says Saddam frequently used drugs such as cannabis and heroin.

Walid, who is now based in London, is releasing a book titled In Saddam's Shadow, which is due to be released in French.

He said: "Saddam was heavily into drugs. He began in 1959, with cannabis, and then when he seized power (in 1979), he used heroin at times.

"He decided to invade Kuwait because he was probably not in his normal state. He was on drugs and drugs made him lose his mind."

Walid has also claimed, in an interview with Europe 1 radio, that Saddam amassed a fortune of about £25 billion through various companies he set up, including many in the Brazilian car industry.

Walid, who lives in London, also recounted that Saddam ordered that one of his adversaries be devoured by a doberman pinscher.

US troops captured Saddam on December 13 as he was hiding in a hole in a farm near his hometown of Tikrit in northern Iraq.

The US administrator in Iraq, Paul Bremer, said last month Saddam would be tried in a special court being set up by the US-appointed Governing Council in Iraq

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_865320.html?menu=news.latestheadlines
02-13-04 01:27 PM
sirmoonie Allright, so he had one good quality. Big deal! Overall, the guy was still a huge bastard scumbag.
02-13-04 01:30 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Allright, so he had one good quality. Big deal! Overall, the guy was still a huge bastard scumbag.

that's funny, and right on the money, too...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-13-04 02:11 PM
Poplar
a smacked out saddam invaded kuwait, eh? ok.
so was the invasion of Iraq part of the war on drugs?

02-13-04 03:05 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Poplar wrote:

a smacked out saddam invaded kuwait, eh? ok.
so was the invasion of Iraq part of the war on drugs?

Yes, why yes it was...Yes
02-13-04 03:34 PM
Poplar
For the record: I support the mission in Iraq. I think long term, its a good move - yet painful and costly now.
However, the war on drugs is the biggest joke in modern american history. wish we had some politicians with the guts to admit it's a failure, and time to rethink our drug policies.

sorry for the politics. but i didn't want to give the wrong impression.
02-13-04 07:24 PM
glencar I mostly agree with you, poppy.
02-14-04 07:50 PM
UGot2Rollme so what was George W. high on when he decided to invade Iraq in search of Weapons of Mass Destruction? Tootsie Rolls?
02-14-04 07:52 PM
gypsy I need some blow.
02-14-04 11:40 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I need some blow.

Mi Chica! Why jew egnores Esmoonie? I geevs jew de why boys "blow" dat jew wan alla times, I geevs jew de fine asst yeyo, I geevs jew alla my esize all focking day all focking nighs ontil jew escreams "Estop Esmoonie! I dyes I takes more loves!"

I geev jew alla dat focking estoff! All jew do ees ask, I geevs to jew. I geevs, I geevs, an I geevs. Jew breaks my focking horts, jew why preensess. Jew breaks my horts.

BEST VIEWED HIGH