ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Valentines Day Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-14-04 06:17 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Fuck her. I'm going to the liquor store and get me some whiskey...then I'm gettin fucked up. And just to make myself feel better...I'm gonna buy one of those nifty Bob Dylan motorcycle jackets from Bob's store. That'll teach her.

Wow, S/S. First the Eagles, now whiskey and Dylan...shit, we got a lot in common! You're on your own for the rest though...
02-14-04 06:35 PM
mac_daddy I'll bet the card from your kid was cool - you know it was heartfelt. did Mom get one, too..?

_____

the Eagles..?

say it ain't so fellas.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-14-04 06:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot >SS! Maybe she's afraid you'd fill up the entire house with your music collection if given a little encouragement.<

Nonsense. I'm going to do that with or without her encouragement, or agreement.

Bones!

Cool Birds T's @ www.4thand26.com

I think you'll find that most of the regulars here have quite a bit in common. You really find that out when you get to one of our little gatherings.

02-14-04 06:39 PM
mac_daddy oh - those Eagles...

I thought you referring to Henley, Fry, et al...
02-14-04 06:41 PM
mac_daddy plus - there is only one kind of Eagle with which I am truly down...

02-14-04 08:09 PM
gypsy It's "Frey." And SS is his biggest fan...he's all about Glenn Frey's acting, singing, and numerous other talents.
02-14-04 08:24 PM
glencar Does anyone have Glen Fry's "Miami Vice" appearance on VHS?
02-14-04 08:33 PM
mac_daddy Gypsy - thanks for correcting my spelling - I hope you are kidding about the rest...

the eagles are the worst band to ever come out of my beloved home state, and are certainlly finalists for the "Worst Band Ever" award...

and Henley..? when I asked about who the biggest tool in rock n roll was, I mentioned sting, sir paul, and bono (for SS's benefit). Don Henley definitely belongs on that list...

I have another question for ya...

whose solo work sucks more..? henley, sting, sir paul..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-14-04 09:43 PM
gypsy That's a toughie...gotta go with Henley.
Have you read about Henley?
And he expects us to donate money to Walden Pond while he blows his money on hookers and cocaine?
02-14-04 10:13 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Bones!
Cool Birds T's @ www.4thand26.com

Lol...knew what it was about from the URL. Didn't know they had tees though.
02-15-04 12:07 AM
Sir Stonesalot Bonesy! They have 2 versions of the shirt...the censored and uncensored. And they are pretty inexpensive. I got one...it's a well made shirt.

Mac....I can't even believe that you would think for a second that I'd have anything to do with that shitty band. I rank them right up there with Journey, Styx, and Peter Frampton. The depth of their shittyness knows no end. I hate them. I have even thrown people out of my house for asking me to "put on some Eagles man."

So Philadelphia Eagles yes...E Pluribes Unum Eagle yes...Hotel California Eagles NO!
02-15-04 12:44 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
the eagles are the worst band to ever come out of my beloved home state, and are certainlly finalists for the "Worst Band Ever" award...

You are cool as all hell Mac Daddy.

The fucking Eagles. I agree, never has such a bland, if not downright miserable band, achieved such popularity. There is some type of nefarious reward awaiting the heaven bound dopes who listen to this muff fucking music. The Eagles are as bad as it gets.
02-15-04 01:55 AM
gypsy SS said: I have even thrown people out of my house for asking me to "put on some Eagles man."

Was one of these people Joey?!!
02-15-04 11:15 AM
mac_daddy man, I was sooo relieved when I read those posts last night, but a bit drunk as I was, I figured I would wait til morning to post...

I am glad we are in agreement about those socal poseurs(sp) - they are f*cking heinous!!!

and you just know that old Henry David spins in his grave every time that Henley putz opens his mouth to talk about preserving the pond. If the guy wants to help the environment, he should go down to the local beach and pick up trash. I guess, however, that would be too productive, and would not present a good enough photo op for the guy. I seriously doubt he has even read Walden cover to cover...

hope y'all had a nice V-Day with your loved ones. We went to the Italian place where, coincidentaly, J Depp took Keef to say thanks for the pirate inspiration (I think). Regardless, the wine was good and the food was better...

how did the bottle of whiskey work out, SS? did you go with single malt, blend, bourbon..? inquiring minds want to know

02-15-04 07:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bourbon....always bourbon.

I'm a Jack Daniels kind of guy. Straight up or on the rocks...but NEVER mixed.
02-15-04 08:25 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Bourbon....always bourbon.

I'm a Jack Daniels kind of guy. Straight up or on the rocks...but NEVER mixed.

you're a good egg, Noonan!
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH