ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: John Jagger gets jail time ==> Pic inside Return to archive
02-13-04 11:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels

Mick Jagger's Nephew Jailed for Burglary

By Melvyn Howe, PA News

Sir Mick Jagger’s crack addict nephew was jailed for 12 months today for burglary.

John Jagger, the 25-year-old son of the rock star’s brother, Chris, broke into a house just weeks after being freed from prison for a similar offence in a “last chance” gesture by the Court of Appeal.

The former public schoolboy pocketed cash, jewellery and a passport to fund a drug habit that has plagued him since he was 16.

He showed little reaction as Judge Jeremy Connor told him at London’s Wood Green Crown Court that, despite a lengthy defence plea for leniency, the offence was so serious there was no alternative to immediate custody.

“Nothing else can be justified, not only because it was a house burglary – that means another house burglary in your case with all the effects on the householder that that involves – but it was committed flatly in the face of a chance given to you by the Court of Appeal only months after you committed yet another theft from somebody’s home.”

As Jagger’s father watched anxiously from the public gallery, the judge added: “That chance from the Court of Appeal was really rejected by this offence.”

The former window cleaner and labourer, who has 13 previous convictions for a variety of offences including burglary and theft, then managed a quick “thank you, sir” to the judge and a final glance at his father before being led to the cells.

As his son began yet another spell behind bars, Chris Jagger warned prison would probably not help at all.

In his view, his son needed “help and support”, not jail.

Speaking outside court, he went on: “If sending someone to prison for very long worked, I would be in favour of it because I want my son to recover, to sort himself out and lead a happy life.”

But locking him up in an environment where often drugs were freely available would, in all likelihood, simply exacerbate an already difficult situation.

Mr Jagger, who said his brother, Mick, was also very concerned about the young man’s future, said everyone was “obviously worried” about him. “It is his life and he is a young man.”

He added: “Judges are part of a system that sends people to prison and that is how they view their job.”

Jagger, of Rectory Road, Clapham, south west London, had pleaded to one count of burglary on November 5 – just eight weeks after being released from jail following another break-in.

He also asked for three similar offences to be taken into consideration.
02-13-04 01:45 PM
Factory Girl Someone please post a pic of this guy! TIA!
02-13-04 07:35 PM
glencar Even though it might not help him get off drugs, it will keep his neighbors free of theft by him.
02-13-04 08:09 PM
Gazza Something tells me he possesses a certain family facial "characteristic" which may make him pretty easy to identify!
02-13-04 08:13 PM
glencar I hope it's not a tight bum!
02-13-04 09:52 PM
Gazza If thats a "facial" characteristic he must visit the same plastic surgeon as Cher!
02-14-04 04:44 AM
Jacques Hi you can have a look to him. Go to

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004071750,,00.html
02-14-04 12:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Finally a pic of John with thanks to Sue

02-14-04 01:07 PM
Moonisup that one belongs in the Superblow thread
02-14-04 01:55 PM
Martha My prayers go out to the family. This disease kills.
02-14-04 02:50 PM
riffhard64 Fucking Theif!
02-14-04 02:53 PM
glencar Or thieving fuck?
02-14-04 04:43 PM
Gazza yep...I was right..he has the family "characteristic" ok! No wonder they nabbed him!
02-15-04 12:35 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, Sue!!! He looks a like a (young) Jagger.

I still think that Mick Jagger should just give him money.

He's too cute to surivive jail.
02-15-04 04:57 PM
luxury1 Yep--that facial characteristic shared by Mick, Chris and John--that great big ole forehead. They are all "blockheads." LadyJane, correct me if I am wrong, since you were once in the same (ahem) hotel room as Mick--but those standing close to him tell me that the first thing you notice is how big his head is on that smallish body frame--and then the big hands and feet. Or werent you looking there???????????
02-15-04 06:19 PM
LadyJane The first thing that struck me was how tiny he is. After that all I could do was stare at THAT face!! Nothing seemed out of proportion to me!! Don't forget...I was in a total state of shock and visibly trembling.

And let me add....to an eighteen year old who was obviously in total awe......he was a total gentleman and very, very sweet!!!

**********************aaaahhhhhhhh***********************

LJ.
02-16-04 05:03 PM
luxury1 Oh good, thanks LJ.
I have heard some reports that he resembles a Bobblehead when you are standing right next to him.
02-16-04 05:06 PM
LadyJane Not to worry, my dear!! He looks just fine!! Now that was 25 years ago...so I guess YOU and I will have to get to the bottom of this...sound like a plan???

LJ.

BEST VIEWED HIGH