ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I HAVE WHO TICKETS! Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-13-04 09:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man Got tickets to see them at the Kentish Town Forum!

For those who don't know, they are playing three gigs there before their big Cancer Trust show at the Royal Albert Hall.

Okay, so what are they like these days?

Alex

02-13-04 09:05 AM
Factory Girl You mean the Half-Who.
02-13-04 09:11 AM
Jumacfly Fg does pino palladino still play the bass??
02-13-04 09:20 AM
Nellcote Will there be research on stage?
02-13-04 09:31 AM
Joey " PRESS RELEASE

THE WHO RETURN TO ROCK LONDON,

THREE SPECIAL NIGHTS AT 'THE FORUM'

13th February 2004 LONDON "

" Rock legends The Who have announced their first UK shows since February 2002.

As warm up for the forthcoming one off performance at the Royal Albert Hall on March 29th in aid the Teenage Cancer Trust (www.teencancer.org), the band has announced three very special shows at London's Forum in Kentish Town.

The band will play on the 22nd, 24th and 25th of March and it marks the first ever time that the band have played the venue in their 40 year history.

The last time the band played a London venue this intimate was Christmas of 1999 when they tore the roof off of the Shepherd's Bush Empire, a show that was later described by Oasis' Noel Gallagher as "The best gig I saw all year".

Veteran Who promoter Harvey Goldsmith, OBE, who is presenting the shows commented "The Royal Albert Hall Teenage Cancer Trust concerts sold out extremely quickly and we are delighted that the Who have agreed to do some warm up concerts to give more fans a chance to see them".

For the shows, Who founders Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey will be joined onstage by long time sidemen, Zak Starkey on drums, 'Rabbit' Bundrick on keyboards and world renowned bass man, Pino Palladino.

Tickets are priced 32.50 pounds and are on sale from 10am Friday13th February from the following outlets: "

Getting Ready for the States !!!!!!

02-13-04 09:31 AM
Factory Girl Ju, I don't know if Dino will play on this tour.
02-13-04 09:37 AM
Joey

Katie ....................................

Trust Me , it will be the " BEST Oooooo YET !!!!!!!! "

Get your tickets for this summer and thank me later .

2004 --- Year of THE WHO !!!!!!!
02-13-04 10:48 AM
sirmoonie The Who!
02-13-04 10:52 AM
Joey " The Who! "

Mongo !

Quadro ..........................It Blows Doors !!!!!!!

Thank You !

The Jercee

02-13-04 11:06 AM
telecaster They are playing "The Kids Are Alright" on Direct TV this month

I forgot how good they were

No I remember

I once was lost but now I am found

Carry on
02-13-04 12:03 PM
Martha That's GREAT news Alex, I'm very happy for you and extremely envious! And....Pino is on bass! :-)
02-13-04 02:32 PM
Gazza Knew nothing about these shows until Martha was kind enough to forward on Joey's e-mail today.

They seem to be sold out. . Maybe I'll do the Albert Hall one, but I'd have preferred the Forum. Thats a really intimate venue!

Have a great time, Alex - you bastard!! LOL
02-13-04 03:06 PM
Gimme Shelter I can't wait until they tour!!!!!!!!!!
02-13-04 03:27 PM
Gazza At least theres 4 days between the 3 Forum shows and the Albert Hall gig so maybe they'll add more as these three shows have sold so fast.

It'd be kinda nice if they could remember (for a change) that theres other parts of the UK they can play but London, though.
02-13-04 05:46 PM
Martha What are the ticket prices?
02-13-04 05:51 PM
Gazza £32.50 - about $52 or so I guess

The Albert Hall show is a performance of "Tommy"..that show is now sold out (it wasnt a few days ago). Tickets for that one go from about £40 to £150.

I dont think they'll add extras at the Forum. Stiff Little Fingers are there on the 26th. Unless the Who do the 27th, which seems unlikely. maybe they'll do a couple of non-London shows in between the Forum and RAH shows.
02-13-04 06:03 PM
Martha Can you usually get a ticket once a gig had sold-out over there Gary?

For the most part you can get tickets to sold-out shows in the US..but not all.

Are these shows the tour kick-off for the Who?
02-13-04 07:21 PM
glencar They're still calling themselves the Who? Enjoy the show, I guess...
02-13-04 07:30 PM
Gazza >Can you usually get a ticket once a gig had sold-out over there Gary? For the most part you can get tickets to sold-out shows in the US..but not all.

yeah you can but this venue is very small (I'd say about 2,000 maximum - its the same venue that Keith played in back in Dec'1992 when it was called the Town & Country Club) so I wouldnt personally take the chance of going without one as I'd have to book a flight and get a hotel as well.

>Are these shows the tour kick-off for the Who?

No idea. maybe theyre a warm up for the Albert Hall "Tommy" show. They have a new album due out in a few months so I doubt they'll do a proper tour before that.
02-13-04 07:32 PM
glencar Is this an actual album of new stuff or more repackaging?
02-13-04 07:36 PM
Gazza A new studio album - their first in 22 years
02-13-04 07:37 PM
glencar This could be just what the Stones need. Unless, of course, it totally sucks which is not far from probable.
02-13-04 07:41 PM
Gazza Oh I dunno..I still think Pete still has some great songs in him.

But Christ, I'd hate the Stones to wait that long between studio albums.
02-13-04 07:46 PM
glencar They're 1/3 of the way there!
02-13-04 07:55 PM
Gazza Look on the bright side...

Dylan went 7 years without an album of new material and came back with "Time out of mind".

Springsteen did the same with "The Rising".

Both were their strongest work in about two decades.

Maybe it'll be worth the wait. You never know..lol
02-13-04 07:56 PM
glencar Oh I'm expecting big things. I just haven't read anything that indicates them getting it in gear.
02-14-04 07:52 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, do you know what? I think I have The Sun to thank for this! They had a tiny little article in the Bizarre column. It just gave the dates, the venue and the ticket line number. I had no idea when they went on sale, or even what time. I went to work and tried on and off for about an hour on ticketmaster.co.uk, but there was nothing! About 10.30 I was due to go to a meeting, so I thought what the hell and tried once more. All three shows came up. They must have gone on sale that very minute!

I am so overjoyed about this. Apart from the times I’ve seen the Stones, I don't remember ever been so excited about a gig!

Alex
02-14-04 07:59 AM
egon alex this is great.
i am in london very soon and you have 2 tickets.
we'll have so much fun!
02-14-04 09:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man lol egon! If I bumped into you and had a spare ticket, you'd get it!
02-14-04 12:13 PM
egon cheers buddy. have fun!
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH