ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Absolutely Live - Interview by Dick Cavett
ABC TV-Studios NYC - August 11, 1972
© 1972 Annie Leibovitz

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fav. song of 2003 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-13-04 04:42 PM
Scottfree Crakin Up..... so it wasn't released in 2k3, it's still my favorite song of 2003....
02-14-04 03:30 AM
IanBillen Memorable Tunes of 2003 in my ....ears

"Don't know What to do with myself"=My fav on the album
Probalbly my favorite
song of the entire year!
-GREAT SONG-

"I wanna be the boy that warms your mothers heart"=White Stripes

"Tonights the Night"=Pink (forgive me, but I really dig it)

"Beautiful"=Chrissy A.

"Baby boy"=I forget the artist

02-14-04 04:34 AM
scratched
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Maybe, im oldfashion, but i dont know, man, its fuckin hip-hop , how can you listen that... I am very angry because they are using name RNB, but thats not Ryhtm'n'blues, i love real RNB, how Beyonce can be RNB???

labels are meaningless. Theres people I know who dont consider bands like the Stones rock 'n' roll because they can't see past Elvis and Eddie Cochran etc. Its ridiculous to say that if you can listen to ONE style of music you shouldnt be able to appreciate a very different style.

There's only two types of music. 1) Good music and 2) Bad music.

"Crazy In Love" IMO falls into the first category without any doubt.

Very well said. Hats off to you.
02-14-04 04:47 AM
hotlicks Yes Gazza, that was very well said indeed. Fuck genres, that what i say. Genres are for wimps!!
[Edited by hotlicks]
02-14-04 07:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
Maybe, im oldfashion, but i dont know, man, its fuckin hip-hop , how can you listen that... I am very angry because they are using name RNB, but thats not Ryhtm'n'blues, i love real RNB, how Beyonce can be RNB???

Music changes. What is dubbed Rnb today doesn't sound like what it did in the 60's, that’s true, but why would that not make it Rnb? If it isn't Rnb, then what would you call it?

I actually think Beyonce is quite diverse with her music. She incorporates so many so called genres into it.

You’re sounding your age, mate.

Alex
02-14-04 08:06 AM
egon what's the deal with beyonce, cos I really don't see it.
(well, i SEE it but don't HEAR it)
It's just your average top 40 shit to me.
and that song crazy in love, it get's on my nerves.

as for the question

kings of lion - molly's chamber
outkast - hey yah. (i know, top 40 shit as well)
02-14-04 09:22 AM
Honky Tonk Man Beyonce is Gods finest female creation. I don't know, I just love everything about her. Don't get me wrong, a lot of her music i really don't like.. but man!

In actual fact egon, if you are talking about top 40 shit, then Molly's Chambers can be in there too!
02-14-04 10:08 AM
hotlicks Best singles of 2003 in no specific order..

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
The Roots Feat. Cody Chesnutt - The Seed 2.0
Johnny Cash - Hurt/Personal Jesus
Franz Ferdinand - Darts of Pleasure
Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage!
The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love (Novelty band maybe, but a kick-ass song all the same)
Outkast - Hey ya!
The Rapture - House of jealous lovers

Notable mention for best single of 2004 so far....

Franz Ferdinand - Take me out

[Edited by hotlicks]
02-14-04 04:53 PM
Gazza Hotlicks said>Yes Gazza, that was very well said indeed. Fuck genres, that what i say. Genres are for wimps!!

And I say "Fuck The Glens!"

Good to see ya back,Denis. A lunchtime pint or two beckons.

Some good choices for 2003 there,mate. And that new Franz Ferdinand song is a belter.

Pity you missed Steve Earle the other night. He was in great form. Apparently the show at the Errigle was a belter as well!
02-14-04 04:55 PM
Gazza >Beyonce is Gods finest female creation.

I like the way you think, young man!
02-14-04 06:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot There were a bunch of good songs done in 2003. Many of them ahve already been mentioned.

Here's what I say.

Music Video of the Year-"Hurt", Johnny Cash, runner up: "Babe I'm On Fire", Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Album of the Year-"Elephant", The White Stripes, runner up: "streetcore", Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros

Song Of The Year-"I Need More Love", Robert Randolph & The Family Band, runner up: "Ball & Biscuit", The White Stripes

Debut of the Year-"Youth & Young Manhood", Kings Of Leon(It's not Kings of Lion, egon. Leon is the name of the the brothers father, a former baptist preacher.) runner up: "Get Born", Jet

Tour of the Year-The Rolling Stones 40 Licks World Tour....duh! runner up: The Sex Pistols

Box Set of the Year-"Unearthed", Johnny Cash. runner up: "Martin Scorcese Presents: The Blues", various artists.

Greatest Hits Compilation of the Year-"The Essential Bruce Springsteen". runner up: "Thank You", Stone Temple Pilots

Music DVD of the Year-"Four Flicks", The Rolling Stones. runner up: "The American Folk & Blues Festival, Vol.1 & Vol. 2", various artists
02-14-04 06:28 PM
gypsy I agree whole-heartedly with SS. With one exception...and that is the best compilation CD...I have to pick one of the CD's that SS compiled, and that is "The Seventh Sense: I Hear Dead People."
Yes, I'm trying to get in your pants. So what.
02-14-04 06:56 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

No I am not insane. I happen to think Beyonce is very talented.

Alex

I happen to think she needs to get laid by me, and chuck
02-14-04 07:10 PM
Child of the Moon Falling From Above, by Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

And that one by the Darkness, I Believe in a Thing Called Love.

And anything by Outkast and the White Stripes.
02-15-04 06:32 PM
corgi37 Beyonce needs some Aussie loving. How about the part in the Crazy in Love clip, just at the start, where she is in white top and tight, tight, tight, tight, tight hot pants. She struts along and then drops to 1 knee. My breath is forced from my body every time i see that. It really is a cool song. And, hats off to her, she uses real brass, not a sample. Xtina's "Beautiful" is good too. She may be a skanky ho, but she's a pretty good skanky ho. The world needs skany ho's. Oh, and she is barefoot in that clip too.

I know 2004 is just 2 months old, but i have 2 songs for it already. I am just so ashamed about 1 of them. "Toxic" by Britney. Now, her feet are just average, and pretty over rated, but i hate her music so much. Yet, i cant get that damn song out of my head. I feel so dirrty.

But without doubt, my song for 2004, i doubt it will be topped, i doubt even a Stones release will beat it, i doubt anything even i can come up with will beat it, in fact we should all just give up, as William "I have no plofessional tlaining". Hung singing "She bangs" is quite simply, pure genius. He performs with gusto and flair. I dont care about his feet. Hey, i aint a weirdo, ya know! Just girlie feet for Uncle Corgi.

P.S. Kylie Minogue's feet really are special. She must think so too, as she is barefoot in so many of her clips, even in her first waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the late 80's. I had a mullet then. Ahh, hair (sob).
02-15-04 06:51 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Beyonce needs some Aussie loving. How about the part in the Crazy in Love clip, just at the start, where she is in white top and tight, tight, tight, tight, tight hot pants. She struts along and then drops to 1 knee. My breath is forced from my body every time i see that.

It's great that so many here agree with me on Beyonce. It's not just my breath thats forced from my body when i see that clip!!

Alex
02-15-04 07:05 PM
Gazza > It's not just my breath thats forced from my body when i see that clip!!

Alex - I think this falls into the "more information than we needed to know" category!
02-15-04 07:26 PM
stonio I can't help feel that Santana has done such a great job of reinventing himself, teaming up with other younger artists. "Why don't you and I" with Chad Kroeger and "Game of Love" with Michelle Branch are just so good. So I guess Santana has to get my vote.
02-15-04 08:19 PM
Gazza "Game of love" is a cracking song OK but surely thats been out for quite some time - 2002 perhaps?
02-15-04 09:28 PM
Lazy Bones Can't believe I overlooked this one - Bandit, Neil Young.
02-16-04 09:29 AM
egon alex, especially for you my friend;

02-16-04 09:49 AM
Jumacfly Egon nice one!! she s got white boobs!!
02-16-04 10:06 AM
FotiniD Every time this questions is asked on a board, a magazine poll etc., I can't get my brain cells to function and remember the songs of the year. I decide I'll be making notes next year, but of course fail to do that, so... From what comes in mind:

- Anything the Darkness released. I love the guys. Posers, pompous, pretenders and any other p-word they might be, it's been a while since I listened a new song with correct use of guitar sound. Yeah, I like 'em

- Flowers in the Window, Travis. Was it EVEN released in 2003? Can't remember!

- Maybe Tomorrow, Stereophonics. How wonderful can one song be? Can't listen enough of it.

- White Flag, Dido. As said, music is good or bad, and I think this is one piece of the first.

- And the cover of "Satisfaction" by a Greek band named Pix Lax. At first I couldn't stand listening to it, but it kind of grows on you. And it's certainly a whole lot different than any other cover version I've heard! Some hidden jazzy-bluesy feel that I like.

And that's all I can think of

Egon, that pic you posted sure will add a different tone to the talk about Beyonce's "talent"
02-16-04 10:18 AM
Jumacfly FotiniD!!!!
i ve quoted "may be tomorrow " too!!
a nice one , a nice record too!!
cheers
ju
02-16-04 10:45 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Beyonce is Gods finest female creation.

I like the way you think, young man!

How come you taste so good...?
02-17-04 12:30 AM
BILL PERKS MY FAVS OF 2003 ARE BALL AND A BISCUIT-WHITE STRIPES,WHITE FLAG-DIDO,ALL IN THE SUIT YOU WEAR-STP,END OF THE WORLD-JOHN MELLENCAMP,THE NAKED RIDE HOME-JACKSON BROWNE
OUTKAST SUCKS,EPITOMIZES EVERYTHING WRONG WITH BLACK MUSIC..BEYONCE IS HOT, BUT THE MUSIC..PLEASE
02-17-04 03:00 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
FotiniD!!!!
i ve quoted "may be tomorrow " too!!
a nice one , a nice record too!!

Yeah Ju, it's really a great song and a great record! It's nice to know there's still great music around by "new" artists, cause I'm always kind of stuck with the 60's-70's scene
02-17-04 04:23 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Alex - I think this falls into the "more information than we needed to know" category!

It was a joke!

God Bless you egon. That picture is front page of the Sun today!

Tonight she is performing a duet with Outkast at the Britt Awards.

Alex
02-17-04 07:59 AM
egon you deserved it alex! lol
02-17-04 03:36 PM
glencar Is anyone else bored by "Hey Ya" already?
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH