ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I need some Neo Con help here! Return to archive
February 16th, 2006 02:04 PM
monkey_man I need some clarity here. This article is in the NYT and it claims that France is calling Iran a liar! Do I discount the article because it is in the New york Times or do I discount the article because France is taking a postion? Is there some kind of double negative thing that makes it true?
Please help a newbie Neo Con parse the truth!

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/international/AP-France-Iran.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

February 16, 2006
France Says Iran's Atomic Program Is a Military Cover
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 6:05 a.m. ET

PARIS (AP) -- France's foreign minister said Thursday that Iran's nuclear program was a cover for clandestine military activity, in an unusually direct attack on Tehran for a European diplomat.

Iran's chief nuclear negotiator immediately dismissed the charge, insisting that Iran doesn't ''want to have the bomb.''

Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy's comments were likely to increase pressure on Iran amid the international dispute over its nuclear activities. Tehran says its nuclear program is peaceful but European and U.S. leaders fear it is aimed at building atomic weapons.

''No civilian nuclear program can explain the Iranian nuclear program. It is a clandestine military nuclear program,'' Douste-Blazy said on France-2 television. ''The international community has sent a very firm message in telling the Iranians to return to reason and suspend all nuclear activity and the enrichment and conversion of uranium, but they aren't listening to us.''

The International Atomic Energy Agency reported Iran to the U.N. Security Council on Feb. 4 over suspicions about its nuclear activities. France, Britain and Germany have led European negotiations that have failed to persuade Iran to suspend parts of its nuclear program.

Amid mounting tensions, Iran resumed small-scale uranium enrichment last week. Uranium enriched to low level is used to produce nuclear fuel for reactors and further enrichment makes it suitable for use in nuclear weapons.

''Now it's up to the Security Council to say what it will do, what means it will use to stop, to manage, to halt this terrible crisis of nuclear proliferation caused by Iran,'' Douste-Blazy said.

Iranian negotiator Ali Larijani rejected the French minister's comments, saying, ''We want civil nuclear energy, we don't want to have the bomb.''

''Concerning nuclear arms, we are a responsible country,'' he said on France-Inter radio from Tehran. ''The propaganda suggests that we want the bomb, but this is not the truth.''

''We want to be in this camp'' of countries that have nuclear energy technology but no nuclear weapons, such as Brazil and Japan, he said.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday that the United States will ''walk a fine line'' in seeking international sanctions against Iran.

Rice detailed a two-track approach to Iran -- concerted international pressure to deter the Iranians from building a bomb, and a newly robust attempt to sew democratic change within the country with aid for broadcasts and dissidents.

February 16th, 2006 02:15 PM
Maxlugar I believe our great "Sista" of State has gotten the French onboard. You think Madeline Not-at-all-Bright could have done that?

Gimme some sugar baby.
February 16th, 2006 02:20 PM
monkey_man So the French are our friends again? I can stop calling them freedom fries??? I'm just trying to keep score at home.
[Edited by monkey_man]
February 16th, 2006 02:24 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:
So the French are our friends again? I can stop calling them freedom fries??? I'm just trying to keep score at home.

Yes, for now they're goovy!

February 16th, 2006 02:26 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I believe our great "Sista" of State has gotten the French onboard. You think Madeline Not-at-all-Bright could have done that?

Gimme some sugar baby.

---------------

Go Condi, Go Condi, Go Condi.....
Next thing we know the French army will
will stop throwing up their arms in surrender
every time the fireworks go off at
Disneyland Paris!

February 16th, 2006 11:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Next thing we know the French army will
will stop throwing up their arms in surrender
every time the fireworks go off at
Disneyland Paris!<

No way. You can't undo decades of deep seeded training in a few months.
February 16th, 2006 11:54 PM
Bloozehound I know how u kids like ur cartoons and shit...this ones pretty good no

February 17th, 2006 01:21 AM
maumau
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I believe our great "Sista" of State has gotten the French onboard. You think Madeline Not-at-all-Bright could have done that?

she did on the war against milosevic
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)