ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 100 Years Ago Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 15th, 2006 08:14 PM
speedfreakjive What a hidden gem!

I reckon we'll get it in Europe.

Also, are we expecting a 22 song setlist on Saturday?
Or longer?
February 15th, 2006 08:19 PM
pdog
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
What a hidden gem!

Also, are we expecting a 22 song setlist on Saturday?
Or longer?

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything...

Where did the Cheney thread go?
February 15th, 2006 08:57 PM
Soldatti 100 Years Ago is the highlight of GHS.
February 15th, 2006 09:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
What a hidden gem!

LOL...what have you been drinking?

Not a snowball's chance in hell - theres as much chance of them playing "YMCA"
February 15th, 2006 09:31 PM
Riffhard I love the tune,but I tend to agree with Gazza here. No way in hell they are gonna pull that one out. The transition in that tune is just a major fuckup waiting to happen should they do it live these days.

Riffy
February 16th, 2006 06:33 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I love the tune,but I tend to agree with Gazza here. No way in hell they are gonna pull that one out. The transition in that tune is just a major fuckup waiting to happen should they do it live these days.

Riffy

True, but then again, Worried About You is quite complex at times too.
Chuck apparently said they were gonna debut it too, but they say a lot of bullshit....
February 16th, 2006 06:50 AM
Break The Spell If the rest of GHS was as strong as this song and "Silver Train", "Winter", "Heartbreaker" and "Star Star" it may be in many's top 5 lists. Taylor really shines on the last minute or so of the song. They need to explore more of that album live, but these days it may be too much to ask.
February 16th, 2006 07:35 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL...what have you been drinking?

Not a snowball's chance in hell - theres as much chance of them playing "YMCA"

Ha Ha! YMCA....now how can I get the mental picture of the Stones doing YMCA out of my head? It's very unsettling.

February 16th, 2006 07:49 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
pdog wrote:

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything...

Where did the Cheney thread go?

between the idea and the reality falls the shadow,
riffy cited 52% of the population when, i think, and correct me if i'm wrong here Riff, he meant 52% of the population who voted and straw men then appeared well...it was all meltdown from thereon in so if i was a moderator i'd fold...

how's that for a theory?

btw - where the bloody hell is nasty habits?!
February 16th, 2006 07:51 AM
speedfreakjive no politics on my thread please!!!
February 16th, 2006 07:51 AM
Lazy Bones It provides one helluva handle, too!
February 16th, 2006 07:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Ha Ha! YMCA....now how can I get the mental picture of the Stones doing YMCA out of my head? It's very unsettling.

charlie with the leather suit..priceless!!
February 16th, 2006 08:46 AM
marko WEŽll get angie in europe,its allready been 3 years since
we heard here,last time.
February 16th, 2006 08:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
marko wrote:
WEŽll get angie in europe,its allready been 3 years since
we heard here,last time.

or Wild horses...and replace she's so cold by you got me rocking!
February 16th, 2006 09:09 AM
speedfreakjive they might as well just do a medley of YGMR/RJ
February 16th, 2006 09:15 AM
Joey " Where did the Cheney thread go? "

February 16th, 2006 09:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
they might as well just do a medley of YGMR/RJ

the quite sound the same when they performed them live.
February 16th, 2006 09:18 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Where did the Cheney thread go? "

to the "Where did the Cheney thread go" Thread
February 16th, 2006 11:11 AM
glencar Uninformed Stones fans are almost as annoying as uninformed political hacks. Speedy is twice as annoying anyway!
February 16th, 2006 12:13 PM
Egbert
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
If the rest of GHS was as strong as this song and "Silver Train", "Winter", "Heartbreaker" and "Star Star" it may be in many's top 5 lists. Taylor really shines on the last minute or so of the song. They need to explore more of that album live, but these days it may be too much to ask.

Why did Taylor's jam at end get faded out so soon????

My hope is that one day it will be restored to whatever its full length is - like Slave on TY.

February 16th, 2006 02:04 PM
texile great song but they'd never do it...
the stones have no idea how the fans percieve their music -
too busy trying to be 'modern', they accept the myth that this era sucked.
but we know better.
February 16th, 2006 02:07 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:
great song but they'd never do it...
the stones have no idea how the fans percieve their music -
too busy trying to be 'modern', they accept the myth that this era sucked.
but we know better.

when did they say that it sucked?
I know what you mean.
Dirty Work through VL sucked.
February 16th, 2006 03:07 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Why did Taylor's jam at end get faded out so soon????

My hope is that one day it will be restored to whatever its full length is - like Slave on TY.

It is a killer jam, my guess is albums had to be edited a lot more in those days cuz you were limited to about 45 minutes for a vinyl album. With that said, I wonder how long Taylor's jam did go on at the end??

February 16th, 2006 03:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I love the tune,but I tend to agree with Gazza here. No way in hell they are gonna pull that one out. The transition in that tune is just a major fuckup waiting to happen should they do it live these days.

Riffy

Great thought it is, I would hazard a guess that these days another major factor would be the fact that if they played it, most of the audience that go to Stones shows these days wouldnt have a clue what it was because its not on "40 Licks"
February 16th, 2006 03:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
marko wrote:
WEŽll get angie in europe,its allready been 3 years since
we heard here,last time.

its been 3 years since they played ANYTHING in Europe!
February 16th, 2006 03:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Great thought it is, I would hazard a guess that these days another major factor would be the fact that if they played it, most of the audience that go to Stones shows these days wouldnt have a clue what it was because its not on "40 Licks"

True dat!! When I saw them do "Sway" in Columbus last fall most people around me didn't have a clue in hell as to what song it was. One lady asked her husband what song it was, his response was "I don't know, must be a new song"!!
February 16th, 2006 03:17 PM
Saint Sway why would someone drop a grand to take their wife to a show when they dont even own Sticky Fingers?
February 16th, 2006 03:20 PM
Gazza Yep..and the shocking thing is that the album its from is the 3rd biggest selling studio album of their career behind Tattoo You and Some Girls. No doubt Soldatti would have proper sales figures, but its sold probably in excess of 7 million copies

Makes you wonder what kind of people make up the majority of people in a Stones audience in 2005-2006 that they dont know a song from such a popular album (it merely enhances my theory that the reason why the shows are increasingly a 'greatest hits' set on this tour is because more and more of the audience are 'corporate' "fans" who own "40 Licks" and very little else)

The Stones are pretty unique among long-standing big-name acts whose fans know so little of their music. I cant imagine Springsteen playing any song off "Born to run" or "The River", for example, and 90-95% of his audience not recognising it.
February 16th, 2006 03:21 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The audience didn't have a clue what it was when they played it back in '73

February 16th, 2006 03:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
=Makes you wonder what kind of people make up the majority of people in a Stones audience in 2005-2006 that they dont know a song from such a popular album (it merely enhances my theory that the reason why the shows are increasingly a 'greatest hits' set on this tour is because more and more of the audience are 'corporate' "fans" who own "40 Licks" and very little else)
=

these are they types of fans that are ruining the shows for the rest of us. If fans were even 25% more educated about the Stones catalog beyond their Greatest Hits albums the set lists could be much more liberal and less confined to the war horses.

this is why I have made it my personal mission in life to spend every evening of my life frequenting bars and playing as many OBSCURE Stones songs on the jukebox as possible. Its my little grassroots approach to educating the world about the Stones cooler songs.

And I am very dedicated in this pursuit

With my continued efforts, someday EVERYONE will know and love songs like "100 Years Ago"!!!

.....or at least every drunk in New York City will.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)