ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones superbowl performance ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 15th, 2006 03:52 PM
oscar just got back from holiday in thailand - and everyone is raving on about how good the stones were on the superbowl opening. but i missed it -- can anyone supply a link to were i can see the video on the web ?
your help is appreciated
February 15th, 2006 04:09 PM
IzzyStradlin You don't want to see it.........it was BAD.
February 15th, 2006 04:12 PM
telecaster http://www.youtube.com/w/Rolling-Stones-%40-Superbowl-2006?v=Cq1R035rRzE&search=rolling%20stones%20superbowl

You will want to see it, it was great
February 15th, 2006 04:16 PM
Break The Spell The only bad part was the sound quality, when they went to the Stones, there was a HUGE drop off in volume level, not to mention the clearness left a lot to be desired. You'd think with such a major event with a massive audience, more effort would be put into making sure it sounds good. Performance wise, the band was great, especially Mick and Charlie.
February 15th, 2006 04:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
You don't want to see it.........it was BAD.

you shall not be greeted.
February 15th, 2006 05:03 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

He's not talking about your pathetically underdeveloped penis you silly wank!

The Stones rocked the Sup-Bowl!

Best half time ever!

...........but my beloved Hawks.......................

..........it still hurts too much to talk about it......
February 15th, 2006 05:06 PM
Joey " ..........it still hurts too much to talk about it......"

February 15th, 2006 05:10 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

Why are you on this board anyways....
February 15th, 2006 05:42 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you shall not be greeted.

Ya, you've told me that like 20 times before and I could have given 2 shits the first time.

February 15th, 2006 05:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

Ya, you've told me that like 20 times before and I could have given 2 shits the first time.

make it 21....You shall NEVER be greeted! You are to be on the "Enemies List"
February 15th, 2006 05:51 PM
Poison Dart I thought the Stones were pretty good.
February 15th, 2006 06:08 PM
MidnightRambler They were great.

For the country, they found it boring.
February 15th, 2006 06:46 PM
Soldatti They played great for a 44 years old band.
February 15th, 2006 07:06 PM
PeerQueer [quote]Joey wrote:
" ..........it still hurts too much to talk about it......"

_________

Damn Joey - I just wet the inside of me pants!

You clever boy...
February 15th, 2006 07:14 PM
Taptrick
Rough kids and a bottle of wine

February 16th, 2006 01:51 PM
oscar thank you to the gentleman who supplied the link, that is very kind. - to the rest of you ranting idiots, WHY ?
February 16th, 2006 01:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oscar wrote:
thank you to the gentleman who supplied the link, that is very kind. - to the rest of you ranting idiots, WHY ?

Sadly, there are just too many Macca/U2 fans here that do not understand the true greatness of the Stones and their Super Bowl performance!
February 16th, 2006 01:59 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
oscar wrote:
thank you to the gentleman who supplied the link, that is very kind. - to the rest of you ranting idiots, WHY ?

Glad you enjoyed the link. As far as the idiots go, its the only way some like Izzy Stradlin can get off, to endlessly rant on a band they obviously don't like. With a name like "stradlin" you can tell he's into Brokeback Mountain, U2, Macca, emo muzak and the gals in Linkin Park.
February 16th, 2006 02:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the link. As far as the idiots go, its the only way some like Izzy Stradlin can get off, to endlessly rant on a band they obviously don't like. With a name like "stradlin" you can tell he's into Brokeback Mountain, U2, Macca, emo muzak and the gals in Linkin Park.

In just one short month, you have really caught my eye as an intuitive, lucid, and entertaining poster! Linking U2 with Brokeback Mountain was innovative and original. You have truly earned your stripes here!
February 16th, 2006 02:04 PM
bob kidrock ritchie >Linking U2 with Brokeback Mountain was innovative and original<

Hey, what about me? I'm the one who titled a song "Cowboy."

Voodoopug, see me at the Allstate Arena on April 14th.
February 16th, 2006 02:05 PM
jb I have 3-6 yrs left as my ALS like symptoms are worsening. I will need a trach in a few years and hopefully get another 5-7 yrs. Thus, Brooke heather will have me until she is around 11(sadly , the last 5 yrs in a paralyzed state).
February 16th, 2006 02:07 PM
nanatod Kidrock, have some respect for my fellow Chicagoan, voodoopug. He's been posting on this board far longer than you have, and his posts always further the discussion at hand, unlike yours.
February 16th, 2006 02:22 PM
bob kidrock ritchie
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Kidrock, have some respect for my fellow Chicagoan, voodoopug. He's been posting on this board far longer than you have, and his posts always further the discussion at hand, unlike yours.

bawitdaba!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 16th, 2006 02:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Kidrock, have some respect for my fellow Chicagoan, voodoopug. He's been posting on this board far longer than you have, and his posts always further the discussion at hand, unlike yours.

I am humbled and touched at your post. Thank you for your kind words!

I shall not go to the Rosemont Horizon (the alstate arena) for any shows this spring! I shall be traveling the country as this is my busy time of the year and will spend every moment when I am home with my family, as with two boys and two pugs, my wife can feel overwhelmed at times if I am away on business. The pugs need extra support as they feel they have been replaced.

Sadly, due to years of poor health, I too, will not live extremely long. I am predicting a stroke by 2018 or a heart attack or at the very least, major reconstructive knee/hip surgery. This is why I am pursuing a healtheir lifestyle. I want to enjoy my children's youth before my degenerative eye disease takes my sight!
February 16th, 2006 03:04 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

In just one short month, you have really caught my eye as an intuitive, lucid, and entertaining poster! Linking U2 with Brokeback Mountain was innovative and original. You have truly earned your stripes here!

Thanx for the kind words, I've been a fan most of my life and its great to finally talk with other die-hards who share many similar opinions.
February 16th, 2006 03:15 PM
jb We will die young, and be immortalized. Sadly, the Stones, who have outlived all inferior bands like the Beatles, LZ, et al are hated for their longevity. We won't face that problem. We are simply hated because...
February 16th, 2006 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
We will die young, and be immortalized. Sadly, the Stones, who have outlived all inferior bands like the Beatles, LZ, et al are hated for their longevity. We won't face that problem. We are simply hated because...

we must keep our friends and families close as when it comes down to it, we are far too hated to fill the room at our wakes/funerals. Sadly, it will be wide open, and aside from those who are showing up as a courtesy to our wonderful wives and children, it will probably just be Joey and Voodoo standing there for us!
February 16th, 2006 03:28 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we must keep our friends and families close as when it comes down to it, we are far too hated to fill the room at our wakes/funerals. Sadly, it will be wide open, and aside from those who are showing up as a courtesy to our wonderful wives and children, it will probably just be Joey and Voodoo standing there for us!

Count me in, eternal respect goes to my fellow Stonesian brothers and sisters...
February 16th, 2006 03:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Count me in, eternal respect goes to my fellow Stonesian brothers and sisters...

there will be plenty of room...both events will be "wide open" no matter how nice of a deli spread our future widows order.

I have recently upped my life insurance policy to a very high number so that my wife may feel comfortable in case I either perish or require long term in house care (see bedpan). My only goal in life is to provide financial security for my wife and children (and pugs, they are written in my will)
February 16th, 2006 03:32 PM
Joey " I have 3-6 yrs left as my ALS like symptoms are worsening. "
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make Joey cry .............. like baby !!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)