ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones named in lawsuit Return to archive
February 15th, 2006 01:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Stones named in lawsuit
(Wednesday February 15, 2006 )
DotMusic.com

A man is suing the promoters of a Rolling Stones concert in Canada, claiming the show was his idea and demanding he should take a share of the profits.

Blake Armstrong, a bar owner in Saint John, New Brunswick, has issued a lawsuit insisting plans for such a concert at the Magnetic Hill venue were hatched by him.

In the lawsuit, which lists Michael Cohl and Donald Tarlton as defendants, Armstrong claims he commissioned special engineering studies for the event and has become the victim of a 'David and Goliath' struggle.

Suggesting he proposed a concert in September 2004, Armstrong accuses Cohl and Tarlton, the promoters of last summer's Live 8 gig.

He explained: "The reason I launched the lawsuit is because I was the one that had the idea, made the blueprints, had everything done, lock, stock and barrel to bring a band to the City of Moncton.

"They took my idea and shoved me to the side once they got the idea. It's the old David and Goliath story - the big boys pushing the little guy to the side."

Armstrong is also understood to be angry that he had to pay to go to The Stones show, when the concert was his idea in the first place.

His lawyer, Donald Keenan, said Armstrong became sidelined during the build-up to the 80,000 capacity gig, explaining: "He ended up with nothing. He ended up buying tickets to attend the event."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
February 15th, 2006 02:06 PM
nankerphelge Loser!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
February 15th, 2006 02:09 PM
Saint Sway come to think of it, the entire Voodoo Lounge Tour was my idea!!

I wonder if JB will take my case?
February 15th, 2006 02:11 PM
pdog JB can actually sue you through a telephone.
February 15th, 2006 02:11 PM
nanatod "I wonder if JB will take my case?"

I would, but I'd require a retainer up front, Saint Sway.
February 15th, 2006 02:32 PM
nankerphelge Oh yeah, no one would ever have thought of a Stones concert, with a stage, and lighting and shit.

Seriously, when was the last time the Stones ever did such a thing...you know, other than 2003, 2002, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1995, 1994, 1990, 1989, 1981, 1978, 1976, 1975, 1973, 1972, 1969, 1966, 1965 and 1964.

February 15th, 2006 02:35 PM
voodoopug I invented the following ideas/items and want satisfaction:

"The Semi colon"
"The internet"
"burber carpeting"
"folding chairs"
"concept of "notarizing""
February 15th, 2006 02:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Oh yeah, no one would ever have thought of a Stones concert, with a stage, and lighting and shit.

blahahahahahha!!

I would love it if the judge quoted Nankers post when he throws this one out of court.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
February 15th, 2006 02:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This case will never get to court. Cohl will either send him 100 bucks for his time or have him meet an unfortunate accident.
February 15th, 2006 02:48 PM
sirmoonie Hezbollah!
February 15th, 2006 02:53 PM
Saint Sway I am filing a giant class action law suit against whomever is the one who came up with the idea for the flowered Scoobee Doo inflatable tongue.

I am seeking $1 million in damages due to the mental suffering and emotional anguish that the inflatable tongue has caused on thousands of once proud Stones fans.
February 15th, 2006 03:04 PM
nanatod "I am filing a giant class action law suit...I am seeking $1 million in damages...has caused on thousands."

Saint Sway, you don't want to split the damages with thousands of other people, do you?
February 15th, 2006 03:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"I am filing a giant class action law suit...I am seeking $1 million in damages...has caused on thousands."

Saint Sway, you don't want to split the damages with thousands of other people, do you?

yes I do.

This is a class action suit and every damaged Stones fan will recieve financial compensation.
February 15th, 2006 03:21 PM
nanatod "This is a class action suit."

Bottom line is that means less money for you yourself and for your purchase of tickets to future Stones tours. Plus, you might have to file in federal court, where the juries can be stingier than state courts.
[Edited by nanatod]
February 15th, 2006 03:24 PM
Saint Sway this is all news to me, which is why I'll need top notch legal representation for this.
February 16th, 2006 07:09 AM
corgi37 I told Meredith Hunter to go to Altamont.

I triggered the earthquake in Nica...Nicarag...that country.

I told Monica Bill loved her.

I told Cheney to fire, as no one was about.

I sank the Bismark.

I kicked Jack off the floating thing and fucked Rose up the ass.

I am your father!
February 16th, 2006 08:00 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I am filing a giant class action law suit against whomever is the one who came up with the idea for the flowered Scoobee Doo inflatable tongue.

Jinkies, you're right! Think of how many "Rooby Racks" you could buy with $1M...

February 16th, 2006 08:06 AM
Voodoo Scrounge lunatic
February 16th, 2006 08:08 AM
Jumacfly Winning ugly was my idea!
February 16th, 2006 08:42 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Well that whole "Exile on main street" thing was all my brainwork!
February 16th, 2006 11:29 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I invented the following ideas/items and want satisfaction:

"The Semi colon"
"The internet"
"burber carpeting"
"folding chairs"
"concept of "notarizing""

Um, Algore invented the internet. He'll see you in court. Just not the Supreme Court as that place is stacked against him.
February 16th, 2006 12:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Winning ugly was my idea!

you have just opened the door for many verbal and possible physical attacks from that statement. I would be proud to offer you security if you travel to the greater Chicago area (including the counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane, and Will).
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)