ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson (NSC) Return to archive
February 13th, 2006 06:05 PM
Saint Sway THE BLACK CROWES’
CHRIS AND RICH ROBINSON SLATED FOR THEIR FIRST-EVER
“BROTHERS OF A FEATHER” ACOUSTIC SHOWS

CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON of THE BLACK CROWES are heading out on the road as a duo for a special run of multiple-night acoustic shows. Pete Angelus, manager of The Black Crowes, confirmed today that Chris and Rich will be performing a collection of their catalogue, influential covers as well as new material. Billed as “Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes,” all show will be in a very intimate setting and will be recorded for a possible acoustic release at some point in the future.

Although The Black Crowes have performed a few acoustic numbers in their electric sets in the past, this will be the first time the infamous brothers have ever performed full-length acoustic sets in their 16-year career.

For this first-time ever run, only four markets across the country are confirmed.

Confirmed tour dates are as follows. For more information on The Black Crowes & Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening with Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes, go to: www.blackcrowes.com

Thu 4/13 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Fri 4/14 New York, NY Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Sat 4/15 New York, NY Town Hall (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Mon 4/17 Austin, TX Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2/17 @ Noon) **

Tue 4/18 Austin, TX Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2/17 @ Noon) **

Thu 4/20 San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall @ Café Du Nord (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Fri 4/21 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore (on sale: Sun 2/26 @10:00 AM)

Sat 4/22 San Francisco, CA Bimbo’s 365 Club (on sale: Fri 2/24 @10:00 AM)

Mon 4/24 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ 11:00 AM)

Tue 4/25 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ 11:00 AM)

** denotes two shows per night, 7:00 and 10:00 PM
February 13th, 2006 06:42 PM
Some Guy Rumour has it that Eddie and Dave are talking...
February 13th, 2006 08:07 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
THE BLACK CROWES’
CHRIS AND RICH ROBINSON SLATED FOR THEIR FIRST-EVER
“BROTHERS OF A FEATHER” ACOUSTIC SHOWS

CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON of THE BLACK CROWES are heading out on the road as a duo for a special run of multiple-night acoustic shows. Pete Angelus, manager of The Black Crowes, confirmed today that Chris and Rich will be performing a collection of their catalogue, influential covers as well as new material. Billed as “Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes,” all show will be in a very intimate setting and will be recorded for a possible acoustic release at some point in the future.

Although The Black Crowes have performed a few acoustic numbers in their electric sets in the past, this will be the first time the infamous brothers have ever performed full-length acoustic sets in their 16-year career.

For this first-time ever run, only four markets across the country are confirmed.

Confirmed tour dates are as follows. For more information on The Black Crowes & Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening with Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes, go to: www.blackcrowes.com

Thu 4/13 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Fri 4/14 New York, NY Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Sat 4/15 New York, NY Town Hall (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Mon 4/17 Austin, TX Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2/17 @ Noon) **

Tue 4/18 Austin, TX Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2/17 @ Noon) **

Thu 4/20 San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall @ Café Du Nord (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ Noon)

Fri 4/21 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore (on sale: Sun 2/26 @10:00 AM)

Sat 4/22 San Francisco, CA Bimbo’s 365 Club (on sale: Fri 2/24 @10:00 AM)

Mon 4/24 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ 11:00 AM)

Tue 4/25 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2/24 @ 11:00 AM)

** denotes two shows per night, 7:00 and 10:00 PM

SWAY! Oh my gosh, this is GREAT! Can't wait to catch them in SF.

Question for you: does this portend yet another round of trouble for the band in general? Is this a way to escape these troubles?
February 13th, 2006 08:16 PM
Dan This would be interesting, if they promised not to play for 3 hours.
February 13th, 2006 10:46 PM
sammy davis jr. A bore....."says she talks to angels......uhhhh....." "I know, let's play a Stones cover to wake everyone up."
February 13th, 2006 10:48 PM
speedfreakjive Saint Sway;- i've often thought of buying a Black Crowes album, what is the best starting point?
February 14th, 2006 03:16 AM
Zack Why does the article call them "infamous" brothers? A little creepy maybe.
February 14th, 2006 05:05 AM
lotsajizz because they get along as well as the Davies boys or the Gallaghers
February 14th, 2006 07:40 AM
stonedinaustralia An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson (NSC)

quite frankly st. sway that would get boring after 15 mins MAX

and i know they have their chops and all that..but still it would be boring...maybe it's me but the robinson bros. are not going to inspire me to do anything

it's all too late...not their fault, i know, but i don't see the boost

i must be getting old

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 14th, 2006 09:06 AM
mac_daddy it all depends on your interests...

i recorded rich doing an acoustic gig like two years ago, and it was great (rare, too). it was short - only about an hour. i would assume these brothers robinson acoustic gigs will be hour and a half sets, with an encore of twenty minutes, tops...

i hope to see as many of these as possible...

_____

trey anastasio sat in with phil and friends last night @ the beacon in nyc. they ripped, didnt play any phish, and closed the second set with a thundering reading of "gimme shelter"

or so i am told...
February 14th, 2006 10:41 AM
Lethargy
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Saint Sway;- i've often thought of buying a Black Crowes album, what is the best starting point?

Not that you asked me, but what the hell...the all time classic of theirs, in my opinion, is AMORICA. Most people either agree with me or would pick the previous album Southern Harmony. But Amorica has much more depth in my opinion - it's devastatingly beautiful to listen to from start to finish.
February 14th, 2006 11:07 AM
Saint Sway Amorica is a brilliant record. But I think the best introductory album - for a Stones fan - would be either Southern Harmony or Shake Your Money Maker. And of those 2, I think Southern Harmony blows Shake away.

quote:
Lethargy wrote:

SWAY! Oh my gosh, this is GREAT! Can't wait to catch them in SF.

Question for you: does this portend yet another round of trouble for the band in general? Is this a way to escape these troubles?

no it doesnt. They told me about these gigs awhile ago - before they let Eddie go. And they are doing a series of full blown gigs as a full band in Amsterdam and England in March. And some scattered US gigs. These are just special one-off type shows. Its something they've talked about doing for years but have never gotten around to doing until now.

I'm really looking forward to them. I think they'll be special shows. I get why some folks consider acoustic type gigs to be boring, but I would jump at the chance to to see ANY of my favorite bands or musicians perform in a stripped down acoustic setting.

thankfully theres some talk about recording these for a possible live release. I hope that happens too.
February 14th, 2006 04:34 PM
Reginald Denny Saint. Is there going to be a recording of this? Of the non-offical variety?

[Edited by Reginald Denny]
February 14th, 2006 04:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Reginald Denny wrote:
Saint. Is there going to be a recording of this? Of the non-offical variety?

yes. Of course. The Black Crowes allow and openly encourage tapers at all their shows.

the Crowes taping community is tops. There will be plenty of free quality boots circulating of these shows.
February 15th, 2006 03:31 PM
wisertime
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

no it doesnt. They told me about these gigs awhile ago - before they let Eddie go. And they are doing a series of full blown gigs as a full band in Amsterdam and England in March. And some scattered US gigs. These are just special one-off type shows. Its something they've talked about doing for years but have never gotten around to doing until now.

I'm really looking forward to them. I think they'll be special shows. I get why some folks consider acoustic type gigs to be boring, but I would jump at the chance to to see ANY of my favorite bands or musicians perform in a stripped down acoustic setting.

thankfully theres some talk about recording these for a possible live release. I hope that happens too.

Saint Sway, did they really let Eddie go ??!!
If so, that really sucks
February 15th, 2006 03:37 PM
voodoopug I beleive before a show in Florida (Tampa maybe?) about a month ago, Ed left/was fired from the band. The word that I heard is due to differences between Ed and another bandmate(s). I cannot comfirm this and there are others that can answer this better than me.

Sadly, this tells me that there maybe more problems on the horizon and another hiatus is possibly imminent.
February 15th, 2006 03:42 PM
wisertime Yeah I know about Orlando show. But it's not the first show they play without Eddie, we don't really know why he wasn't there. I still hope he'll be on keyboards next show.
February 15th, 2006 03:59 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
They told me about these gigs awhile ago - before they let Eddie go.

sway - how much do you know on this? he's really out?
February 15th, 2006 04:06 PM
Saint Sway O
Saint Sway U
Saint Sway T
February 15th, 2006 04:16 PM
ResidentMule fuck

hopefully I can make one of these acoustic gigs - I don't think seeing the "full band" is gonna be quite the same without Ed
February 15th, 2006 04:26 PM
Saint Sway Eddie's the finest keyboard player ever. But they'll find a stellar top tier player to fill his big goofy shoes.

and hopefully one day Ed gets his act together and can rejoin the band. If Ford can get his shit together and come back then anything can happen. Never count out the Crowes. These guys have been thru it all. Chris & Rich are very dedicated to making music right now. I forsee good things.
February 15th, 2006 07:19 PM
Mel Belli What precipitated the firing?
February 15th, 2006 08:53 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Amorica is a brilliant record. But I think the best introductory album - for a Stones fan - would be either Southern Harmony or Shake Your Money Maker. And of those 2, I think Southern Harmony blows Shake away.

As another (in)famous member of this board typically says, I'm so excited I'm typing this with my nipples.
February 16th, 2006 06:43 AM
corgi37 Um, isnt their 15 minutes up? What next? Skating with the stars?
February 16th, 2006 03:10 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
What precipitated the firing?

Heroin, most likely.
February 16th, 2006 04:25 PM
Dan
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Um, isnt their 15 minutes up? What next? Skating with the stars?

I read on the Metal Sludge board that Stephen Pearcy might re-unite with Ratt.
February 16th, 2006 10:42 PM
corgi37 That, quite simply, is Earth shattering news.
February 16th, 2006 11:11 PM
sammy davis jr. Will he bring back the zebra striped tights he wore on "Round & Round", perhaps the most banal and retarded song ever made?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)