ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who to headline T In The Park Return to archive
February 13th, 2006 12:33 PM
tumblingdice01 Courtesy of PeteTownshend.com:

The Who to headline T In The Park

The Who have been announced as one of the headliners (along with the Red Hot Chili Peppers) for this year's T In The Park Festival.

The Peppers will headline on the Saturday July 8 and The Who will headline on the Sunday July 9.

T In The Park 2006 takes place at Balado, Kinross near Glasgow.

Go to www.tinthepark.com for more information.

TICKETS go on sale this FRIDAY 17TH FEBRUARY at 9am.

Tickets are available from the T In The Park website or by calling Ticketmaster on 0870 169 0100 or in person from selected venues listed on the official website
February 13th, 2006 01:55 PM
Joey

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis .
February 13th, 2006 02:18 PM
Break The Spell I live near Cincinnati and their making a big deal about if the Who come back here ot not, since the last time they played this area was the 1979 stampede where 11 people were killed. I hope they do get to play here, I was only 1 when that happened and never got to see them live.
February 13th, 2006 04:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I live near Cincinnati and their making a big deal about if the Who come back here ot not, since the last time they played this area was the 1979 stampede where 11 people were killed. I hope they do get to play here, I was only 1 when that happened and never got to see them live.

Break the Spell .....................

After the Cincinnati Tragedy , Time Magazine wrote a complimentary piece about the band ( you can read the entire article over at www.time.com [ please click on the archive applet ] :

2006 -- BEST WHO YET !!!

|
|
|
V

[Edited by Joey]
February 13th, 2006 04:41 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Joey wrote:

Break the Spell .....................

After the cincinnati Tragedy , Time Magazine wrote a complimentary piece about the band ( you can read the entire article over at www.time.com [ please click on the archive aplet ] :

BEST WHO YET !!!

See! Pete likes women. He even sings that Lou Reed song "I like women/We like women" to himself to reinforce the idea.
February 13th, 2006 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

See! Pete likes women. He even sings that Lou Reed song "I like women/We like women" to himself to reinforce the idea.

Rachel's cool ...... she digs THE WHO and will open for the band on the upcoming tour . Word .
February 13th, 2006 04:49 PM
doo doo doo Dude 2003 -- WORST WHO YET !!!

|
|
|
V

February 13th, 2006 05:05 PM
Joey " 2003 -- WORST WHO YET !!! "

You shall NOT be greeted .

February 14th, 2006 04:03 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

[Edited by Joey Heatherton]

Who's the beard?
February 14th, 2006 04:06 PM
Nellcote Joey, all of this WHO talk is putting me to sleep.
Can't they talk Wyman out of retirement, as they need a major ass-whooping to get some fire going..
Help me see the light!
Oh, I did just get The Kids Are Alright DVD in the cut out bin for $9 am I doing OK?
February 14th, 2006 04:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Oh, I did just get The Kids Are Alright DVD in the cut out bin for $9 am I doing OK?

You make Joey sad

February 14th, 2006 04:12 PM
Break The Spell That DVD is great, I love the video John did with "Sucess Story". Kind of sums up how many feel about the music industry.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
February 14th, 2006 04:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
That DVD is great, I love the video John did with "Sucess Story". Kind of sums up how many feel about the music industry.
[Edited by Break The Spell]

Bless You ' Break The Spell ' ......

It is an OUTSTANDING DVD with spectacular surround sound .

My particular fav. moment is when they filmed the actual studio recording of " WHO ARE YOU " .
February 14th, 2006 04:20 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bless You ' Break The Spell ' ......

It is an OUTSTANDING DVD with spectacular surround sound .

My particular fav. moment is when they filmed the actual studio recording of " WHO ARE YOU " .

Thats a great scene, with handclaps and all, sadly it was Moonies swan song.
February 14th, 2006 04:22 PM
BILL PERKS JOEY-I JUST BOUGHT IT'S HARD TODAY AND IT'S FUCKING GREAT!I LOVE I'VE KNOWN NO WAR..MY STONES TOUR PHASE IS NOW OVER,SO I SHALL TURN MY ATTENTION AND EARS TO THE WHO
February 14th, 2006 04:22 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Thats a great scene, with handclaps and all, sadly it was Moonies swan song.

Yes , he would die a few months later but he looked pretty GOOD in that sequence --- must have been a nasty binge that summer .

Moonie steals the whole movie and I miss him ( although he shows up from time to time at " Mr. Toads " in the OLD MARKET DISTRICT here in Omaha , NE !
February 15th, 2006 09:37 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes , he would die a few months later but he looked pretty GOOD in that sequence --- must have been a nasty binge that summer .

Moonie steals the whole movie and I miss him ( although he shows up from time to time at " Mr. Toads " in the OLD MARKET DISTRICT here in Omaha , NE !

You're lucky, here I've only seen Roy Orbison at a 7-11, I told him I dug the Wilbury's and bought him a chili dog. Oh, and that Time magazine article was great, here they are still making a big deal about the Who playing Cincy again, some ignorant fools are acting like it was the Who's fault and don't want them to come back. Pete has said if they play Cincinnati again there will be no festival seating here.
February 15th, 2006 09:51 AM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JOEY-I JUST BOUGHT IT'S HARD TODAY AND IT'S FUCKING GREAT!I LOVE I'VE KNOWN NO WAR..MY STONES TOUR PHASE IS NOW OVER,SO I SHALL TURN MY ATTENTION AND EARS TO THE WHO

February 15th, 2006 09:53 AM
Joey
" ... that Time magazine article was great, here they are still making a big deal about the Who playing Cincy again, some ignorant fools are acting like it was the Who's fault and don't want them to come back. Pete has said if they play Cincinnati again there will be no festival seating here. "

Glad you enjoyed the article --- funny how things do not change very much in thirty years , huh ?!?!

J.
February 15th, 2006 11:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

" ... that Time magazine article was great, here they are still making a big deal about the Who playing Cincy again, some ignorant fools are acting like it was the Who's fault and don't want them to come back. Pete has said if they play Cincinnati again there will be no festival seating here. "

Glad you enjoyed the article --- funny how things do not change very much in thirty years , huh ?!?!

J.

Oh I know. it's that way in many things as well. It was the fault of the place that held it, which was then called Riverfront Coliseum. They had all the doors and entrances closed with only an hour or so to go before showtime. They started to do a soundcheck and thats when everyone outside started to shove to get in, because they thought the Who had started to play and they didn't want to miss the show. It was the Coliseum's fault for not opening the doors sooner, not the Who's fault, Pete and Roger said they didn't even know anything happened till the next day!! It's just easier to blame musicians to some people.
February 15th, 2006 11:35 AM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Oh I know. it's that way in many things as well. It was the fault of the place that held it, which was then called Riverfront Coliseum. They had all the doors and entrances closed with only an hour or so to go before showtime. They started to do a soundcheck and thats when everyone outside started to shove to get in, because they thought the Who had started to play and they didn't want to miss the show. It was the Coliseum's fault for not opening the doors sooner, not the Who's fault, Pete and Roger said they didn't even know anything happened till the next day!! It's just easier to blame musicians to some people.

Martha ( who posts here at this board ) and her then husband were in that crowd and nearly got crushed to death . Word .

February 15th, 2006 11:41 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Martha ( who posts here at this board ) and her then husband were in that crowd and nearly got crushed to death . Word .

Wow, I've talked to some who were at the show, they said it was the craziest night of their life. I was only 1 at the time, never got to see The who. My parents saw Led zeppelin two years before The Who stampede at the same place and said something similar almost happened that night, with the crowd pushing to get in, throwing glass bottles against the wall and all.
February 15th, 2006 12:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JOEY-I JUST BOUGHT IT'S HARD TODAY AND IT'S FUCKING GREAT!I LOVE I'VE KNOWN NO WAR..

Good underrated song and very autobiographical

Plus my uncle J.K. (the famous economist) gets namechecked in the second verse

"Eminence Front" is a better song, though! It's the 'dog's bollocks' !!
[Edited by Gazza]
February 15th, 2006 12:09 PM
Joey " Plus my uncle J.K. (the famous economist) gets namechecked in the second verse "

" Galbraith took his pen
To break down the men
Of the German army defeated
On the nineteenth day
Of a spring day in May "

http://www.thewho.net/discography/songs/IveKnownNoWar.html

[ Edited by Galbraith ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 15th, 2006 01:45 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Good underrated song and very autobiographical

Plus my uncle J.K. (the famous economist) gets namechecked in the second verse

"Eminence Front" is a better song, though! It's the 'dog's bollocks' !!
[Edited by Gazza]

Come and join the party, dress to kill...
February 15th, 2006 02:07 PM
BILL PERKS THERE IS NO EQUAL TO TOWNSHEND AS A WRITER..
February 15th, 2006 02:12 PM
pdog The Who once participated in an orgy with 500 other people. The only survivor is now in a coma.
February 15th, 2006 02:50 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Who once participated in an orgy with 500 other people. The only survivor is now in a coma.

** ? **
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)