ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fantasy Baseball anyone? Return to archive
February 13th, 2006 12:59 AM
Starbuck we simply must do a fantasy baseball league this year. i volunteer to be the comissioner....

we could figure out what the winner gets...maybe the first three spots can each receive a burned disc of stones boots from the losers? something to that effect.

sounds like fun, dudn' it?
February 13th, 2006 01:15 AM
parmeda Count me in Mr. Buck...I love baseball!

Just 48 days 'til the opener!
February 13th, 2006 02:07 AM
Starbuck pammy!

(how did the cubbies do last year?)

February 13th, 2006 05:50 AM
lotsajizz strat-o-matic

the rest is for weenie tots

February 13th, 2006 06:15 AM
MrPleasant "Fantasy Baseball anyone?"

Gayest thread ever.
February 13th, 2006 06:44 AM
egon are there fantasy cheerleaders in fantasy baseball?
[Edited by egon]
February 13th, 2006 07:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
are there fantasy cheerleaders in fantasy baseball?
[Edited by egon]

of course fantasy egon !
fantasy fantasy...one of Jagger's favorite word actually.
February 13th, 2006 02:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck fantasy baseball. Fuck fantasy football. Fuck all that shit.

That shit is rotten to the motherfuckin' core.

I have seen people get so fuckin' twisted over that shit that it's ridiculous.

I am a Phillies fan. I'll be fucked if I'm gonna be put in a position to have to root for some fucknut from the Braves or Mets just because he is on my "fantasy" team.

Unless you can guarantee that I get to have the entire Phillies team as my "fantasy" team...ya'll can fuck off. I would rather have hot iron pokers rammed into my eye sockets than pull for some schlub from a team other than the Phightin's.
February 13th, 2006 02:25 PM
gimmekeef You can have all the Phillies...I'm sure no one will mind...and I agree this fantasy stuff is out of hand....Go Expos!!!!lmao.....
February 13th, 2006 02:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Pffft.

Yeah right. No one would want Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, Bobby Abreau, Pat Burrell, Aaron Rowand, or Chase Utley.

Put down the crack pipe dude. If the Phillies had any kind of pitching staff, they would walk away with the NL East. But since they don't have any kind of pitching staff, we'll just miss out on the wild card...again.

It's fucking easy to be a fan when yer team always makes the playoffs...but it takes determination and extereme loyalty to be a Phillies fan. More than likely it's a masochist streak that I didn't know that I have...
February 13th, 2006 02:59 PM
Joey
" ... I would rather have hot iron pokers rammed into my ............... "

February 13th, 2006 03:03 PM
sirmoonie Steelers!

February 13th, 2006 03:05 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Steelers!

Stones

February 13th, 2006 03:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Stones

Supah Bow!

Yes Joseph, the Steelers and the Stones always go together. Inseperable. Complimentary. Look for big things from the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Rolling Stones in the coming years, including another fantastic Super Bowl in 2007.
February 13th, 2006 03:22 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Pffft.

Yeah right. No one would want Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, Bobby Abreau, Pat Burrell, Aaron Rowand, or Chase Utley.

Put down the crack pipe dude. If the Phillies had any kind of pitching staff, they would walk away with the NL East. But since they don't have any kind of pitching staff, we'll just miss out on the wild card...again.

It's fucking easy to be a fan when yer team always makes the playoffs...but it takes determination and extereme loyalty to be a Phillies fan. More than likely it's a masochist streak that I didn't know that I have...

Extreme loyalty?..lmao..Guess you missed my Expos reference!.....Where is Coco Laboy when we need him!?..Just crankin your chain bout the Phils.I live in ATL and detest the Braves..so anyone that beats em is fine by me!
February 13th, 2006 03:27 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Extreme loyalty?..lmao..Guess you missed my Expos reference!.....Where is Coco Laboy when we need him!?..Just crankin your chain bout the Phils.I live in ATL and detest the Braves..so anyone that beats em is fine by me!

" Good Monday Morning, Expect another warm day Valleywide as highs top between 73-78 degrees. Skies will be mostly sunny with a northeasterly breeze at 5-15 mph. The 117 day record for consecutive days with no rain in Phoenix continues. Have a great week! "

http://www.azcentral.com/weather/

February 13th, 2006 04:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Expos had fans?

I don't think so. If they did, they wouldn't be in DC now.

You just can't have home game attendance of less than 5,000 per game...and most of them came to see the away team.

Montreal is a hockey town, and nothing will ever change that...not even another strike.
February 13th, 2006 04:50 PM
gimmekeef You're right of course..But its funny in Atlanta during late 70's they drew less than 2000 on many nights...But I was with the Spos from Day One...Still hate f'inn Rick Monday!!!!!!!!!!
February 13th, 2006 04:58 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The Expos had fans?

I don't think so. If they did, they wouldn't be in DC now.

You just can't have home game attendance of less than 5,000 per game...and most of them came to see the away team.

Montreal is a hockey town, and nothing will ever change that...not even another strike.

Montreal is a hockey town but the Expos averaged a lot more than 5000 per game before major league baseball all but guaranteed they would be moving like 5 years before they actually did. I wouldnt go watch a team that had zero chance of winning and was already ticketed out of town- fuck that. And good for Quebec in saying "no" to building a stadium for them. The good taxpayers of Pittsburgh and the state of PA built a nice shiny new stadium (despite voting against such a project)for the Pirates- a team that can never possibly win thanks to hilariously inept management and an economic system in which only the top few markets can build consistent winners. Baseball is my favorite sport but Major League Baseball is the most fucked up, corrupt, and idiotic professional sports league in the world
February 13th, 2006 05:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Being in the same division as the Phils, I saw a lot of the Expos.

What happened to that organization was a crime. They had some REALLY good ball players through the years, and were always a tough game.

I'm with ya on Rick Monday....
February 13th, 2006 05:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Baseball is my favorite sport but Major League Baseball is the most fucked up, corrupt, and idiotic professional sports league in the world<

You said a mouthful there.

PNC Park is a wonderful place to see a ballgame. I always try to make it out to the series with the Phillies. It's incredible how easy it is to get fantastic seats out there....cheap!
February 13th, 2006 06:41 PM
Starbuck
quote:
SS pooped out: "I am a Phillies fan. I'll be fucked if I'm gonna be put in a position to have to root for some fucknut from the Braves or Mets just because he is on my "fantasy" team.

you see...you're missing the attractive part of fantasy baseball. i am a die hard twins fan and all i ever knew was the likes of

...and....

...and even...

being in a fantasy league, however, lets you get involved in and have a steak in players around the league. had i ever heard of mike matheny or junior spivey before fantasy? did i give a shit how many stolen bases luis castillo had or how many groin pulls were suffered by kirk reuter?

no..i would argue fantasy extends your understanding of today and your familiarity with the players of this, our most incredible fargin' pasttime.

quote:
I have seen people get so fuckin' twisted over that shit that it's ridiculous.

you have obviously never been in one of my fantasy leagues. we have "no pants" fridays.

February 13th, 2006 10:20 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

You said a mouthful there.

PNC Park is a wonderful place to see a ballgame. I always try to make it out to the series with the Phillies. It's incredible how easy it is to get fantastic seats out there....cheap!

Sadly, your Phils only play one series per year here thanks to realignment, the unbalanced schedule, and stupid interleague play. Therefore a formally great rivalry gets reduced to 6 games per year. But those Bucs-Royals nailbiters make up for it though!!
February 14th, 2006 10:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot HardKnox...

It makes me sick to see what has become of the Phillies/Pirates rivalry. Those games were always so intense. Very sad.

Bucky...

>being in a fantasy league, however, lets you get involved in and have a steak in players around the league. had i ever heard of mike matheny or junior spivey before fantasy? did i give a shit how many stolen bases luis castillo had or how many groin pulls were suffered by kirk reuter?

no..i would argue fantasy extends your understanding of today and your familiarity with the players of this, our most incredible fargin' pasttime.<

Oh, I see. You just didn't pay much attention at all then...

You don't get the Sporting News out there in Minnesota?

I know exactly who Mike Matheny and Jr. Spivey are. I also know who Luis Castillo(no relation to Juan Castillo) and Kirk Rueter are. I even know about Kirby Puckett, Tom Brunansky, and Mike Cubbage. And if I need to know any info about any of them, I can find it in a few keystrokes and a couple of mouse clicks.

Now WHY do I know about those guys? Because I'm a Phillies fan. The old adage is..."Know thine enemy as you know thine self."

I sure as shit don't need some stupid fantasy game when I have the real thing to watch and listen to. Yeah, I still sit out on the front porch at night with a couple of cold ones and listen to the ball game on the radio. It's amazing what you can learn by just opening up your ears and listening to guys like Harry Kalas and Chris Wheeler and Larry Anderson. And than watching Baseball Tonight on ESPN and checking out all the highlights.

Like I said before, if you guarantee that I get the entire Phillies team as my fantasy team, then I'll play. Otherwise it's a waste of my time.
February 15th, 2006 01:23 AM
Starbuck guarentee you get the entire phillies squad? that wouldn't actually be too hard.

and you would get your ass kicked. big time. no way a single roster can stand up to a fantasy roster.

i can rig the phillies thing if you're interested. i am the kommish, you know. hell, i could even shoot you in a "hunting accident" and get away with it. i have that kind of power...
February 15th, 2006 07:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot *sigh*

You have totally missed my point.

No. I do not want to play fantasy baseball. I have neither the time nor the inclination to commit to such an endeavor.

I will spend my season watching and listening to the Philadelphia Phillies. Period. I do not care about any other team or players from other teams....and I will certainly not pull for any of them to do well.

Just forget that I said anything.
February 15th, 2006 08:00 PM
nankerphelge If I am gonna fantasize about something, it sure ain't baseball!!!
February 15th, 2006 08:22 PM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
If I am gonna fantasize about something, it sure ain't baseball!!!

Claudine wanted to be the "voice of God" in the movie "Dogma", but Ben Affleck locked her in a bathroom at a Denny's on the day of the recording session. In retaliation, Claudine introduced Ben to Jennifer Lopez.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)