ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
Đ Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rio- set list Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 14th, 2006 01:37 AM
maumau
quote:
ebmp wrote:
SFTD is not a samba

from http://www.timeisonourside.com

It started out as a folky thing like Jigsaw Puzzle, but that didn't make it so we kept going over it and changing it until finally it comes out as a samba.

- Mick Jagger, 1968

Sympathy for the Devil started out as a Bob Dylan song and ended up as a samba.

- Keith Richards, 2002

Sympathy for the Devil started as sort of a folk song with acoustics, and ended up as a kind of mad samba, with me playing bass and overdubbing the guitar later. That's why I don't like to go into the studio with all the songs worked out and planned beforehand.

- Keith Richards, 1977

Sympathy for the Devil was tried six different ways. I don't mean at once. It was all night doing it one way, then another full night trying it another way, and we just could not get it right. It would never fit a regular rhythm. I first heard Mick play that one on the steps of my house on an acoustic guitar. The first time I heard it, it was really light and had a kind of Brazilian sound. Then when we got in the studio we poured things on it, and it was something different. I could never get a rhythm for it, except this one, which is like a samba on the snare drum. It was always a bit like a dance band until we got Rocky Dijon in, playing the congas. By messing about with that, we got the thing done.

- Charlie Watts, 1982
February 14th, 2006 03:06 AM
maumau and well of course that groove would be a samba even if mick keith and charlie did not know it
February 14th, 2006 04:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
ebmp wrote:
SFTD is not a samba

it works brilliantly in 'samba' style (they did it that way in '75)

you obviously werent at Anaheim in 2002 when they had had that guy Remi Kabaka (sp?) playing percussion with them. Best version of the song I've EVER seen at any Stones show I've been at.
February 14th, 2006 06:32 AM
Bruno Stone If they donīt use a local samba school in Sympathy they will miss the oportunity to do the coolest performance of the tour.
February 14th, 2006 07:31 AM
Jumacfly that would be cool!!!
Every new idea to improve the show is welcome, same with drugs for guitarists!!
February 14th, 2006 08:36 AM
tumbling dice
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Bet ! :

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
She's So Cold
Rough Justice
Bitch
As Tears Go By
Rain Fall Down
Tumbing Dice
Gimme Shelter
--- Introductions
This Place Is Empty (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Oh No Not You Again
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Satisfaction (encore)

Rolling Stones show : 9:10 p.m. – 11:05 p.m.
Good set list too.Maybe,they will play As tears go By.Itīs a popular ballad and they are playing it for the first time on tour.

February 14th, 2006 09:24 AM
ebmp Well, Iīm brazilian, I know what a samba is, and Sympathy definately is not a samba
February 14th, 2006 10:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
It will be recorded to a DVD,maybe the set list will get different songs from the usual but San juan gig got a few different songs from Atlanta.
My bet;
1-Jumpin jack...
2-Itīs only rīr
3- Sheīs so cold (i wish!)
4-ONNYA
5-Love is strong
6-Memory motel (please chuck!)
7-Rain Fall down
8-Midnight rambler
9-tumbling dice
10-Gimme shelter
11-This place is empty
12-Little T&A (please Keith!)
13-Miss you
14-Rough justice
15-GOOMC
16-HTW
17-Sympathy
18-Start me Up
19-Brown sugar
20-YCAGWYW
21-Satisfaction

This could be the setlist(obviously Happy instead of T and A), with the following songs edited off of the theatre/dvd release:

Shes So COld
Memory Motel
Love is Strong
Midnight Rambler
February 14th, 2006 11:16 AM
gustavobala i believe that show will start 9:40 pm

sftd was "influenced" BY THE SAMBA, or just like engalnds understand for "samba"
February 15th, 2006 12:16 AM
Bovine49
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
that would be cool!!!
Every new idea to improve the show is welcome, same with drugs for guitarists!!

Hey, pass it here, ya Bogart stoner!
February 15th, 2006 03:44 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Bovine49 wrote:

Hey, pass it here, ya Bogart stoner!

Ronnie? is it you??
February 15th, 2006 02:13 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

We can t blame them for that Gazza.
But that also means we ll have another warhorses dvd a la BtB, VL ,Live Licks or Toronto rocks
So will it sell??
what will be the real interest of this dvd for fans and not fans??
Once again I don t understand their logic.

They haven't put any creative effort into a live CD since "Stripped." Sales there just don't concern them, for whatever reason.
February 15th, 2006 05:30 PM
TomL Out Of control rocked the three or four times I seen it. Bring it back.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)