ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rio- set list Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 12th, 2006 09:56 PM
tumbling dice It will be recorded to a DVD,maybe the set list will get different songs from the usual but San juan gig got a few different songs from Atlanta.
My bet;
1-Jumpin jack...
2-It´s only r´r
3- She´s so cold (i wish!)
4-ONNYA
5-Love is strong
6-Memory motel (please chuck!)
7-Rain Fall down
8-Midnight rambler
9-tumbling dice
10-Gimme shelter
11-This place is empty
12-Little T&A (please Keith!)
13-Miss you
14-Rough justice
15-GOOMC
16-HTW
17-Sympathy
18-Start me Up
19-Brown sugar
20-YCAGWYW
21-Satisfaction
February 12th, 2006 10:06 PM
RollingstonesUSA Here's hoping....
February 12th, 2006 10:06 PM
ebmp I´m hoping for Memory Motel too! And for Sway (ok, I wont get this). Out of Control would be great too

Not hoping for Rain Fall Down and she´s so Cold though
February 12th, 2006 10:11 PM
lotsajizz yeah...what happened to 'Out Of Control'...they played it the first few shows of this tour and then dropped it...why? it was played well and works well live

February 12th, 2006 11:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yeah...what happened to 'Out Of Control'...they played it the first few shows of this tour and then dropped it...why? it was played well and works well live

It was a highlight for me on the early shows I attended as well
February 12th, 2006 11:55 PM
keefjunkie OOC is easily one of the stones best songs live

as for the setlist replace this place is empty with happy and add sway somewhere in there and its perfect
February 13th, 2006 09:08 AM
gimmekeef I think its a safe bet they will play the songs with audience sing alongs (1.5 million of em?)....so Sway and some other gems likely wont happen.I do think Worried Bout You/GOMC/Like A Rolling Stone/Ruby Tuesday are ones they might drop in...
February 13th, 2006 09:11 AM
Jumacfly It will be a total warhorses show imho.
February 13th, 2006 09:20 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER I like your set list

instead of she so cold i put rough justice
and worried about you instead of rain fal down
February 13th, 2006 09:21 AM
Gazza thats what I think too, Ju

after all, youre talking about an audience where the VAST majority (well over a MILLION people) are not only going for free but who also havent seen the band before, so their knowledge of the band's back catalogue is going to be limited at best

With the show being filmed for DVD, the emphasis will be on spectacle and the ideal way for the band to deliver THEIR end of the bargain is to play a greatest hits style show.

Cant really blame them in this case.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 13th, 2006 09:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
thats what I think too, Ju

after all, youre talking about an audience where the VAST majority (well over a MILLION people) are not only going for free but who also havent seen the band before, so their knowledge of the band's back catalogue is going to be limited at best

With the show being filmed for DVD, the emphasis will be on spectacle and the ideal way for the band to deliver THEIR end of the bargain is to play a greatest hits style show.

Cant really blame them in this case.
[Edited by Gazza]

We can t blame them for that Gazza.
But that also means we ll have another warhorses dvd a la BtB, VL ,Live Licks or Toronto rocks
So will it sell??
what will be the real interest of this dvd for fans and not fans??
Once again I don t understand their logic.
February 13th, 2006 09:35 AM
gimmekeef The main emphasis I think will be selling the theater show 10 days later via the spectacle and scale of Rio.By the time a DVD comes out anybody that wants it will have a boot copy.(not 5.1 with a million overdubs..but)..So yes..heavy on warhorses but they also know they need the hardcore to get out on a Tuesday evening to the theaters..So a gem or 2 may appear...
February 13th, 2006 09:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

We can t blame them for that Gazza.
But that also means we ll have another warhorses dvd a la BtB, VL ,Live Licks or Toronto rocks
So will it sell??
what will be the real interest of this dvd for fans and not fans??
Once again I don t understand their logic.

The spectacle will be the selling point, I suppose

I think if theres going to be any 'surprises', maybe they'll do something with some local musicians (say, some perrcussionists on 'Sympathy' like theyve done in the past). They flew to Brazil right after San Juan so they have a week to arrange something
February 13th, 2006 09:55 AM
Jumacfly Let s hope for surprises.
Our SA friends deserve it!
February 13th, 2006 11:03 AM
keefkid
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yeah...what happened to 'Out Of Control'...they played it the first few shows of this tour and then dropped it...why? it was played well and works well live

omg really why did they drop that, it was FANTASTIC in Philly ... !
February 13th, 2006 11:27 AM
Gimme Shelter They have to do Sway. That way we will have an official release of it live.
February 13th, 2006 11:37 AM
Paranoid_Android I dont care as long as they play and record START ME UP, SATISFACTION, JUMPIN' JACK FLASH, BROWN SUGAR and IT'S ONLY ROCK-N-ROLL!!!

Those would be a real treat for the fans!!!

(yawn)
February 13th, 2006 12:47 PM
ebmp I think they may play Like A Rolling Stone (people here really dig this song) and Ruby Tuesday, which would be great
February 13th, 2006 02:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
They have to do Sway. That way we will have an official release of it live.

youre basing that however on the assumption that the official DVD release would be a complete, unedited recording of the concert

which is something they've NEVER done
February 13th, 2006 02:17 PM
DoctorStones Nice and realistic setlist indeed.
I don't know if the fact that is is a Ray Charles song is important, but maybe they'll do Night Time instead of Gimme Shelter.
Love is strong and Midnight Rambler are IMO the less probable of the list, since MR is pretty long...
February 13th, 2006 03:08 PM
ebmp "maybe they'll do Night Time instead of Gimme Shelter."

If they do that I´ll be REALLY pissed off
February 13th, 2006 05:29 PM
maumau gazza is right
i think i've read somewhere that there will be a group of percussionists playing before them

maybe they could call them back on stage for sympathy.
well is it a samba ot not!!?

that will be great: finally sftd with real percussions!
February 13th, 2006 05:34 PM
ebmp SFTD is not a samba

February 13th, 2006 05:35 PM
Joey

My Bet ! :

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
She's So Cold
Rough Justice
Bitch
As Tears Go By
Rain Fall Down
Tumbing Dice
Gimme Shelter
--- Introductions
This Place Is Empty (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Oh No Not You Again
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Satisfaction (encore)

Rolling Stones show : 9:10 p.m. – 11:05 p.m.

February 13th, 2006 05:41 PM
ebmp I really have the feeling they´ll play Ruby Tuesday..Great singalong song... Maybe in the spot where As Tears Go By is in Joey´s setlist
February 13th, 2006 06:35 PM
Paranoid_Android I bet they will play the same old warhorse ladden setlist they have played this entire tour with little or no surprises!!!Songs they have played to death...mailed in...can do w/o even trying...afterall...the DVD will seem flawless and lets face it...even SATISFACTION would be a treat for the Brazillians.
February 13th, 2006 06:36 PM
Soldatti A show full of warhorses, 3 new songs, maybe 2 surprises and then the usual.
February 13th, 2006 06:42 PM
glencar Total Omaha...
February 13th, 2006 10:39 PM
RollingstonesUSA Hopefully it will be a long setlist
1.Jumpin Jack Flash
2.Let's Spend The Night Together
3.Rough Justice
4.Oh No, Not You Again
5.Sway
6.Wild Horses
7.Rocks Off
8.Midnight Rambler
9.Gimme Shelter
10.This Place Is Empty(Keith)
11.Happy(Keith)
12.Miss You(To B-Stage)
13.Respectable(B-Stage)
14.Get Off Of My Cloud(B-Stage)
15.Honky Tonk Women(Back To Main Stage)
16.Out Of Control
17.Sympathy For The Devil
18.Tumbling Dice
19.Start Me Up
20.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
21.Brown Sugar

"ENCORE"
22.You Can't Always Get What You Want
23.Satisfaction
February 13th, 2006 10:42 PM
speedfreakjive Shattered would be good.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)