ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your opinions... Return to archive
February 12th, 2006 09:09 PM
M.O.W.A.T. on a couple of artists/bands...

Hanoi Rocks: I've heard so much about this band, yet the couple of albums I've bought have made me wonder what is so great about them -- although their cover of Up Around The Bend rocks.

Shooter Jennings: Picked up his first album the other day (Put the O back into Country) and have to say what a great find! Kind of like the Stones meet Lynyrd Skynyrd with some country mixed in (really like the song 4th of July). Just downloaded an advance copy of his Electric Rodeo and think it is just as good if not better than his first. Definitely check him out.

Hank III: Again picked up a couple of his albums (not knowing to expect) and not overly impressed.

Johnny Thunders: i'm currently downloading his best of CD (really only for his cover of As Tears Go By) but again, have not heard much of his material.
February 12th, 2006 11:58 PM
keefjunkie ive always heard of hanoi rocks but never actually gotten around to listening to them

i like hank III alot hes cool man

JOHNNY THUNDERS is amaaaazing
February 13th, 2006 01:12 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
on a couple of artists/bands...

Hank III: Again picked up a couple of his albums (not knowing to expect) and not overly impressed.

His studio stuff is very mild compared to his live shows. You need to come over here to get some boots of his live stuff:

http://64.247.23.87/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

If you PM me at the Hank Board ("Wild Bill") and I'd be glad to trade some music with you.
February 13th, 2006 02:35 AM
pdog Hanoi Rocks had some okay stuff, nothing I would revisit...
Johnny thunders LAMF (like A Mother Fucker) is great, anything with NY Dolls also great.
Hank III, I hear his versions of his grandads songs kick ass, but don't know his catalog at all...
February 13th, 2006 04:43 AM
MrPleasant "Your opinions..."

Ok. Fuck G. W. Bush on his ass. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, F
February 13th, 2006 06:11 AM
corgi37 None of those artists means a hill of beans to me, but good on ya if you dig them.
February 13th, 2006 09:57 AM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Hanoi Rocks had some okay stuff, nothing I would revisit...
Johnny thunders LAMF (like A Mother Fucker) is great, anything with NY Dolls also great.
Hank III, I hear his versions of his grandads songs kick ass, but don't know his catalog at all...

Any band with the name " Hanoi " scares the living sh*t out of your young Joeykins .

Shiver ................................

Ho Chi Joe !
February 13th, 2006 10:57 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
on a couple of artists/bands...

Johnny Thunders: i'm currently downloading his best of CD (really only for his cover of As Tears Go By) but again, have not heard much of his material.

Johnny Thunders was a fucking rock and roll god. If you really want to get a taste, check out the allbums "Live At Max's Kansas City" and "So Alone."
February 15th, 2006 12:14 AM
Bovine49
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
"Your opinions..."

Ok. Fuck G. W. Bush on his ass. FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, F

"...on his ass?" You're gettin your prepositions mixed up there, Sparky!
February 15th, 2006 12:21 AM
Bloozehound I think Shooter Jennings is a candy ass faggit
February 15th, 2006 01:43 AM
JuanTCB Hanoi's first album - Bangkok Shocks, Saigon Shakes, Hanoi Rocks - is worth getting for the song "Tragedy" alone.
February 15th, 2006 07:53 AM
Nellcote Despite the fact that I enjoy Bloozehounds taste in BBQ from Central Texas, I disagree strongly about his take on Shooter Jennings.
MOWAT, I picked up Shooter on a whim, and dug the crap out of every single song for months. Saw him in a small club in Bahston in November, he is the real deal.
Pure throwback 70's southern rock, with more than a bit of Waylon thrown in for measure, plays his guitar on stage.
He's kicked around the LA club scene for almost a decade, paid his dues, hopefully in for the long haul.
New cd hits in the spring, last I heard.
Here's a AOL Sessions link for some acoustic performances
http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?artistid=694973
February 15th, 2006 09:22 AM
Break The Spell The artist I'm most familiar with there is Hank III, his shows are great, seen him twice, he does a mix of country and heavy metal. When he goes into the metal stuff it throws a lot of people off but I think its pretty good stuff, he's a diverse guy that's for sure!! He also plays bass in a band called Superjoint Ritual which has Phillip Anselmo of Pantera fame on vocals. Hank III looks a lot like his grandad and does covers of Hank sr. classics great!!
February 15th, 2006 08:37 PM
GhostofBrianJones Know a girl who was Johnny Thunder's manager for a while.
She liked him just friends.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)