ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca angry @ grammys Return to archive
February 11th, 2006 01:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels BEATLE IS A BAD LOSER

Angry SIR PAUL McCARTNEY stormed out of Wednesday's (08FEB06) Grammy Award ceremony when he was beaten to the Best Album gong by U2.

The 63-year-old was convinced his disc CHAOS AND CREATION IN THE BACK YARD would win the honour - and he refused to congratulate his Irish rivals on their triumph with HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB.

Fox News columnist ROGER FRIEDMAN says, "The ex-Beatle got up and left with his very arrogant bodyguard. They weren't exactly subtle about it either.

"He walked right past STING without saying hello."

11/02/2006 14:17
contactmusic
February 11th, 2006 01:03 PM
Jumping Jack Losing to Bono is humliating!!!
February 11th, 2006 01:13 PM
Nellcote Serve's the bitch right.
His payback for:
Losing control of the Beatles catalog to Jerkoff Jacko.
Altering the copyrights to McCartney/Lennon.
Walking out at Live 8 with Bono in Sgt Pepper's outfits, completely forgetting about Ringo.
Now, please take you & your man tits and go Howard Hughes on all of us.
February 11th, 2006 01:29 PM
pdog Man tits... LOL!
February 11th, 2006 04:19 PM
Gimme Shelter That's weird, because when U2 stood up to accept the award, Paul stood up and gave Bono a hug.
February 11th, 2006 05:21 PM
Poison Dart That story is straight up bullshit. McCartney gave Bono a hug the second they won the award.
February 11th, 2006 05:36 PM
oldkr
February 11th, 2006 06:00 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BEATLE IS A BAD LOSER
contactmusic

I'm sure Macca has a big ego and all that, but Contactmusic truly sounds like an obnoxious 5 year old snitching on their big sister. 'Big sister' in this case being all the media that contactmusic steals from. THeir headlines are absolutely hilarious.
February 11th, 2006 07:38 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
That story is straight up bullshit. McCartney gave Bono a hug the second they won the award.

Exactly
February 11th, 2006 08:28 PM
MrPleasant London Town is the most underrated album of the seventies!
February 11th, 2006 09:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:

Exactly

bono probably whispered in his ear that he should put in a good word for him to get Knighted...Macca, unwilling to share the spotlight, must have gotten angry and left! Two losers
February 12th, 2006 03:15 AM
texile the story is bullshit but i like it...
macca and sly walk off - cos they CAN!
i mean, they're gods - at that point, should they really care who wins song of the year?
that would have been a great fuck you to the pretensions of the grammies.
February 12th, 2006 05:00 AM
corgi37 Wow, didnt even say hello to Sting! Lucky fucking Sting!

And, BTW, i dont think Irish people can be knighted. Er, Gazza? Or, more to the point, probably dont want to be.

Best Irish person ever?

Dave Allen. (Gazza 2nd)
February 12th, 2006 05:17 PM
Stray Cat UK Northern Ireland citizens can be knighted I believe,but would they want to be ?

KR - "I wouldn't let that family near me with a pointy stick"

Watched Dave Allen last night. I'd forgotten how good he was.
February 12th, 2006 06:15 PM
FM [quote]Stray Cat UK wrote:
Northern Ireland citizens can be knighted I believe,but would they want to be ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4569808.stm

"A tugboat captain and one of NI's leading industrialists have received awards in the New Year Honours list.
Dr Allen McClay - founder of pharmaceutical company Galen - has been knighted. He funds university research and teaching in Northern Ireland."

http://www.da.mod.uk/DefenceAcademy/governance/advisory-board/john-parker

"Sir John (Parker) received his knighthood in ‘01 for services to the defence and shipbuilding industries. Born & educated in Northern Ireland, he studed naval architecture and mechanical engineering at the College of Technology Y Queens University, Belfast. "

Why would someone born in Northern Ireland not want to be Knighted - quite a few have and since you have to accept the honour......

Fraser
February 13th, 2006 06:37 AM
corgi37 Thanks for clearing that up. Aussies cant be knighted. We ditched Imperial Honours about 30 or so years ago. Upset alot of old crooks and retired military people, i can tell you! hahaha - fuck 'em.
February 13th, 2006 07:35 AM
Jumacfly My sources told the Gazza is the next on the knights list.
February 13th, 2006 09:20 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BEATLE IS A BAD LOSER

Angry SIR PAUL McCARTNEY stormed out of Wednesday's (08FEB06) Grammy Award ceremony when he was beaten to the Best Album gong by U2.

The 63-year-old was convinced his disc CHAOS AND CREATION IN THE BACK YARD would win the honour - and he refused to congratulate his Irish rivals on their triumph with HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB.

Fox News columnist ROGER FRIEDMAN says, "The ex-Beatle got up and left with his very arrogant bodyguard. They weren't exactly subtle about it either.

"He walked right past STING without saying hello."

contactmusic

Sir Paul is a big douchebag. Always has been, always will be.
February 14th, 2006 06:24 PM
texile but he walked right past without saying hello.....
that's worth so much.
February 14th, 2006 06:28 PM
pdog
quote:
texile wrote:
but he walked right past without saying hello.....
that's worth so much.

Macca once ate a prison bus full of the most hardened criminals. Later that day he crapped out Chaos And Creation In The Backyard.

February 14th, 2006 06:50 PM
Soldatti The story is fake, Macca was on the post show interview on E!
February 14th, 2006 06:57 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The story is fake, Macca was on the post show interview on E!

Macca only goes to see female doctors, that way he doesnt feel like a homo during the "cough" test.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)