ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: XM Satellite Confirms Live Stones in Rio! ==> AOL too Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 10th, 2006 03:45 PM
gimmekeef Just got an email confirming the Rio show on Feb 18th at 7:30 pm..XM Deep Tracks Channel 40.Will be live in digital sound.They always do lots of replays of this type of thing too.Also mentioned an online availability through AOL(?)...We need one of our techies to get this recorded as it will come I'm sure right off the soundboard!!!
February 10th, 2006 03:59 PM
Dan 7:30 - what time zone?

My stepdad has XM and I am about due for another visit. Actually interested in getting it for myself. I like Deep Tracks and I especially like the Boneyard.
February 10th, 2006 04:00 PM
voodoopug XM has also signed Oprah...thankfully this news is much better!
February 10th, 2006 04:01 PM
Break The Spell Agreed!! Deep Tracks is my idea of what good radio should be. So much great stuff out there, sadly most only want to the hitz....
February 10th, 2006 04:06 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:
7:30 - what time zone?

My stepdad has XM and I am about due for another visit. Actually interested in getting it for myself. I like Deep Tracks and I especially like the Boneyard.

Dan its Eastern USA Time Zone...
February 10th, 2006 05:23 PM
KennedyLW Anyone know if the XM channels now provided on DirecTV would include this?
February 10th, 2006 06:29 PM
Soldatti It will be live on Brazilian TV over here.
February 10th, 2006 08:17 PM
batcave Surprised they went with XM considering they have their own channel on Sirius.
February 10th, 2006 08:31 PM
pdog Please someone record and torrent this...
February 10th, 2006 10:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
batcave wrote:
Surprised they went with XM considering they have their own channel on Sirius.

no one knows how to make more money than the Cohls....they went with the better offer, not loyalty....all hail young Jake Cohl!
February 10th, 2006 10:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I can get this recorded no problemo.

My uncle has XM, and can record it directly to disc.

I don't have broadband to do the torrent thing...but I can get the discs to someone who can...
February 11th, 2006 02:44 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I can get this recorded no problemo.

My uncle has XM, and can record it directly to disc.

I don't have broadband to do the torrent thing...but I can get the discs to someone who can...

And you shall ...

In exchange, you will be greeted, mounted and used like a $5 fuck toy...

I'm so excited, I just typed this using Joey's face...
February 11th, 2006 07:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Big Screen Concerts(SM) to Show Concert on More Than 150 Movie Screens Nationwide on February 28

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- After shattering North American box office records, THE ROLLING STONES are taking their sold-out world tour to Brazil this February and US fans who want even more of "A Bigger Bang" can
join the beachfront party at the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro with a historic multi-cast of the concert.

THE ROLLING STONES' are offering their fans worldwide front row seats to "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR live from Rio on AOL Music (http://www.aolmusic.com/therollingstones) and XM Satellite Radio on the Deep Tracks Channel 40 on February 18 beginning at 7:30 EST via Network LIVE.

THE ROLLING STONES will then make their return to movie theatresnationwide in a One Night Only(TM), Big Screen Concerts presentation of this historic performance, giving their fans a chance to experience "A BIGGER BANG." Tickets for this event go on sale beginning February 10th at 12 noon PT / 3pm ET at participating Regal, United Artists, Edwards, and Cinemark movie theatre box offices and online at http://www.BigScreenConcerts.com for $12.50 in advance and $15.00 on the day of the event. (For a complete list of participating theatre locations, please visit http://www.BigScreenConcerts.com)

THE ROLLING STONES' "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR FROM BRAZIL will be an entertainment experience unlike anything seen before; requiring a crew of nearly 1,500 people to produce the event. The band will perform for the people of Rio in a free concert presented on the seashore in front of the Copacabana Palace Hotel on two stages: The Mainstage with 16 sound towers and8 video image screens, as well as the Stones' famous "B" stage, which can extend 55 meters into the audience. "A Bigger Bang" was the #1 grossing tour in North America in 2005.

After their stop in Brazil, THE ROLLING STONES, and their "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR, will continue to thrill audiences throughout Mexico and South America with electrifying performances that include their classic hits and songs from their critically acclaimed new release, "A Bigger Bang." For more information, visit http://www.RollingStones.com

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
February 11th, 2006 08:29 AM
Flairville Thanks for that post! To anyone technically minded, how do you record the live stream from Aol? Any help will no doubt be great for many on this board!
February 11th, 2006 09:10 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
KennedyLW wrote:
Anyone know if the XM channels now provided on DirecTV would include this?

Yes Deep Tracks Channel 829 on Directv...
February 11th, 2006 09:15 AM
gimmekeef Anyone remember the Seinfeld where Kramers buddy would sneak a camera into the theater and tape/bootleg movies?..We need this guy to tape the theater version of the Rio show on the 28th!
February 11th, 2006 10:36 AM
riccardo SirStonesalot,by chance has your stepfather recorded also the Stones Story off Deep Tracks?It was broadcasted some months ago in 6 parts.
February 11th, 2006 11:10 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl AOL too

THE ROLLING STONES Give U.S. Audiences 'A Bigger Bang' From Rio Live in Concert Via Network LIVE
Friday February 10, 4:30 pm ET
Fans Across the Globe can Experience the World's Largest Rock Concert With Millions of Fans Partying at Rio De Janeiro's Famed Copacabana Beach LIVE February 18th on AOLMusic.com and XM Satellite Radio
Big Screen Concerts(SM) to Show Concert on More Than 150 Movie Screens Nationwide on February 28

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- After shattering North American box office records, THE ROLLING STONES are taking their sold-out world tour to Brazil this February and US fans who want even more of "A Bigger Bang" can join the beachfront party at the Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro with a historic multi-cast of the concert.

ADVERTISEMENT
THE ROLLING STONES' are offering their fans worldwide front row seats to "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR live from Rio on AOL Music (www.aolmusic.com/therollingstones) and XM Satellite Radio on the Deep Tracks Channel 40 on February 18 beginning at 7:30 EST via Network LIVE.

THE ROLLING STONES will then make their return to movie theatres nationwide in a One Night Only(TM), Big Screen Concerts presentation of this historic performance, giving their fans a chance to experience "A BIGGER BANG." Tickets for this event go on sale beginning February 10th at 12 noon PT / 3pm ET at participating Regal, United Artists, Edwards, and Cinemark movie theatre box offices and online at www.BigScreenConcerts.com for $12.50 in advance and $15.00 on the day of the event. (For a complete list of participating theatre locations, please visit www.BigScreenConcerts.com)

THE ROLLING STONES' "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR FROM BRAZIL will be an entertainment experience unlike anything seen before; requiring a crew of nearly 1,500 people to produce the event. The band will perform for the people of Rio in a free concert presented on the seashore in front of the Copacabana Palace Hotel on two stages: The Mainstage with 16 sound towers and 8 video image screens, as well as the Stones' famous "B" stage, which can extend 55 meters into the audience. "A Bigger Bang" was the #1 grossing tour in North America in 2005.

After their stop in Brazil, THE ROLLING STONES, and their "A BIGGER BANG" WORLD TOUR, will continue to thrill audiences throughout Mexico and South America with electrifying performances that include their classic hits and songs from their critically acclaimed new release, "A Bigger Bang." For more information, visit www.RollingStones.com

About National CineMedia, LLC

National CineMedia, LLC is a venture of AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark USA, Inc. and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC - News), three of the world's leading theatrical exhibition companies. The company develops pre feature entertainment; cinema and lobby advertising products; business communications and training services; and alternative forms of entertainment content for approximately 13,000 screens operated by its owner theatre circuits and other theatre affiliates. National CineMedia distributes its products and services across its Digital Content Network ("DCN"), the world's largest in-theatre digital distribution network. Once installation of its DCN technology is completed in Cinemark theatres, National CineMedia's network will comprise approximately 10,500 digital North American theatre screens in 150 markets (49 of the top 50), reaching 565 million movie patrons annually. For additional information, please go to www.ncm.com.

About Network LIVE

Network LIVE is the first entertainment network committed to redefining the creation and distribution of live content in the digital age. A joint venture formed by AOL, XM Satellite Radio and AEG, Network LIVE has produced and distributed marquee events such as Live 8, as well as concerts from Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Green Day, Madonna, Keith Urban, Gorillaz and John Mayer Trio.
February 11th, 2006 11:27 AM
charlotte
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Yes Deep Tracks Channel 829 on Directv...

If you have DirecTV DVR you will be able to record the audio!
February 11th, 2006 12:00 PM
gimmekeef Charlotte I have a dvr from Directc and it does not allow recording of the audio XM channels.(newer models may however?).....And perhaps we may need a ruling bout the tracker...if this is commercial broadcast and will be shown in theaters 10 days later for a fee should it be "trackered"???..I say yes of course....but??
February 11th, 2006 12:01 PM
Jumping Jack Preparty at the Mall of Georgia IMAX? Got our tix already on Fandango!
February 11th, 2006 12:07 PM
gimmekeef I said..Ohhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh..Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhh..JJ..Thought I was only crazo lurking here today!
February 11th, 2006 07:54 PM
charlotte gimmekeef- I have the 60 hour directv plus DVR and it records from xm

Hopefully out of 1.5 million someone in the audience will have an excellent video/audio recording for download...

The official video is off limits and xm radio has the rights on audio. Rule of thumb, if you have paying customers, the company that is providing that service to their paying customers is going to have exclusive rights and looks like they(xm) will rebroadcast many times. If it was like the old days when we had FM broadcast over the free airways then we would be OK.An example mac used in our discussions today, you cannot torrent Howard Stern's broadcast...

But let's hope there will be a few to choose from the audience recordings...
February 11th, 2006 08:18 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
It will be live on Brazilian TV over here.

The entire show? Well, there it is.
February 12th, 2006 09:20 PM
Soldatti
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

The entire show? Well, there it is.

Yep, O' Globo will broadcast the whole show the next Saturday at 21:45, local time. I can't wait.
February 13th, 2006 02:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, I got it set to get this thing recorded. Might miss some of the introductions for a disc change...but all the songs will be complete.

February 13th, 2006 03:15 PM
Jumping Jack I will be MOST grateful to anyone who can send me a copy of the DVD!!!
February 13th, 2006 04:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
gimmekeef- I have the 60 hour directv plus DVR and it records from xm

Hopefully out of 1.5 million someone in the audience will have an excellent video/audio recording for download...

The official video is off limits and xm radio has the rights on audio. Rule of thumb, if you have paying customers, the company that is providing that service to their paying customers is going to have exclusive rights and looks like they(xm) will rebroadcast many times. If it was like the old days when we had FM broadcast over the free airways then we would be OK.An example mac used in our discussions today, you cannot torrent Howard Stern's broadcast...

But let's hope there will be a few to choose from the audience recordings...

couldnt it be 'treed' though instead of hosting it as a 'torrent' ?
February 13th, 2006 05:28 PM
charlotte
I see nothing. I know nothing.
February 14th, 2006 09:27 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
charlotte wrote:

I see nothing. I know nothing.

Thanks Sgt Shultz.......Hoooaaagannnnn wheres my torrent!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)