ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone seen my devil head?? Return to archive
02-15-03 03:16 PM
nankerphelge I seem to have misplaced it.

<------ Somehow that just looks so sad and lonely!

Could be anywhere -- I already looked under the couch and in the bathroom, but I'll be damned, the thing's gone!

It's a bummer, I keep all my nasty stuff in that devil head!
How is a nanky to go about his bidness without all his nasty stuff!!

Anyone got an avatar I can borrow for a few days??

02-15-03 03:18 PM
nankerphelge Oh goody, It's back!!

Never mind!

Since it is back, and I have my nasty stuff again -- here's a lil' joke:

Two Arab men are sitting and talking.
The one has his wallet open and he's showing pictures of his sons to the other man

"This is my oldest.. he was a martyr"
"This is my second son..he was a martyr too"

The other Arab man says "Ahh.. they blow up so quickly, don't they?"

----

Yeah, that feels better...
[Edited by nankerphelge]
02-15-03 03:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nanky, just go to the mirror boy... you'll find it there... always
02-15-03 03:34 PM
RubyFriday how about this

02-15-03 03:36 PM
parmeda Very cool Ruby...

Nank, hurry....make an offer!
02-15-03 03:40 PM
nankerphelge Oh yeah, that's a beaut!
Ever see the cutout masks they handed out at the '94 Halloween show -- way too cool!!

I loved the '94 tour!

I miss the Stones...

I'm going to Honk Kong dammit....

02-15-03 03:46 PM
Highwire Rob Wow! That gold devil pic of Ruby's would look incredible if you use an editor to drop out the white background.

Rocks Off backgrounds vary grey and black on the board. A gold devil head that already has black shadowing placed over a black background--Cool!

But Nanker, you just wouldn't be you w/out the legendary pic we all know...
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
02-15-03 03:48 PM
parmeda Nank...have you acquired an overwhelming taste for rice lately? Hell, you've got the richshaw thing down to a science! LOL!!!

(Hong Kong would never be the same...)

[Edited by parmeda]
02-15-03 03:51 PM
nankerphelge When I flew out to Denver, the airline magazine had a whole write up about Hong Kong -- looks like it would be a blast!! Then they announced the HK dates last week and the old devil head got to thinkin'!!! Hit Bankok, HK, maybe Shanghai.

Someone once said Chinese girls are so gentle
they're really such a tease
you never know quite what their cookin'
inside those silky sleeves

But what does he know anyhow!
(Talk about THE devil head!!)
02-15-03 04:03 PM
throbby [quote]nankerphelge wrote:

I loved the '94 tour!

I miss the Stones...

I agree completely. The Voodoo Lounge tour kicked ass!

I'm missin' them too.
02-15-03 04:20 PM
nankerphelge Opening nite in DC was a really hot sticky August nite and they played, appropriately enough, Hot Stuff with this wild orange/pink stage lighting that was blinding. But they muffed it a bit and then promptly dropped it -- which sucks because it played great I thought. And Not Fade Away remains their best opener ever in my mind.

I miss the Stones bad today.
I'm gonna got get ripped...
02-15-03 04:31 PM
throbby I was fortunate enough to see all four shows at Giants Stadium. Not Fade Away blew my mind on the opening night.
We had to stand and "brave the pourin rain" on the last night. Funny though, no one left their seats. When Keith walked up to the mic to start his set he looked up into the night sky and said, "Is that the best you can do?"

What a night, I couldn't have been any wetter if I had "jumped in the river and drowned".

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST