ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can you name this song please! Return to archive
02-15-03 03:27 AM
VTB Hello all, I have a question. When I was watching the HBO special there was a song on it that I must have! It was just the guitarist playing most of the time and slow drums in the back. The song has in it...

"Waaaaaiiiiiiiting on a caaaaaallll from you."

Thanks to anyone who can help!
02-15-03 03:38 AM
gypsymofo60 Welcome VTB! The song in question is Keith's 'Thru and Thru'..and the original studio cut can be found on 'The Voodoo Lounge Album'.
02-15-03 03:39 AM
Fiji Joe And a great song at that
02-15-03 10:43 AM
VirginiaMonkeyMan Yes, and it was also well used in an episode of the Sopranos. I think it was the last episode of the second season or maybe the third. I don't remember but it was well placed.
02-15-03 12:47 PM
glencar It was the last episode of the 2nd season. That was one of the finest hours of TV I've ever seen.
02-15-03 01:21 PM
VTB Boy you bet, that's the first time I heard it was on the soprano's and was indeed one of the finest hours on tv. Then I luckily seen it on the HBO special so I know who wrote it, thanks a bunch for your guys help!
02-15-03 01:34 PM
VTB Hmm I can't seem to find it, if anyone has it in mp3 form please email to [email protected] it would be much appreciated!
02-15-03 03:23 PM
Gazza You'll find it on the Stones' "Voodoo Lounge" CD (Virgin, 1994)

and also on "Peppers & Eggs : The Sopranos - Music from the HBO Original Series" (Sony 5021888 2) (2001)
02-15-03 03:28 PM
nankerphelge It was a real treat at MSG I too -- they really captured the feel of it!

That was a great show.

I miss the Stones....

What's the number for Quansa Airlines...
02-16-03 02:36 AM
rogerriffin The best song of Keith in this Licks Tour

He had very well kept those fucking blues.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST