ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i'm going out for a while and i may be some time... Return to archive
02-14-03 05:43 PM
stonedinaustralia ...however,unlike the man who uttered those famous last words i fully intend to return hopefully laden with true tales of high adventure...

i�m leaving for sydney today and so this is my last post for 10 days or so unless I get the opportunity to check in quickly from somewhere

barring what would be the act of an extremely vengeful god, I will be at the enmore on tuesday � the plan is to go to one of the sydney stadium shows (pref. sat) � however, at this stage i don�t have a ticket � i want to try to do that one in true rock and roll style and, if possible, out nasty nasty habits at the tower and somehow scam my way in - sort of a personal statement about my attitudes to �stadium rock� � perhaps a fanciful but nonetheless a worthy ambition � if i do buy a ticket it will be at the venue (that�s if one is for sale somewhere which i am trusting it will be)

almost needless to say, i�ll be thinking of you all (weird isn�t it) as in many ways it is thanks to the Rocks Off Board (and so especially the administrators) that i�m getting the opportunity to do this...i mean, if i wasn�t able to keep my ear so low to the ground through this board i doubt i would have been in the right place at the right time to pick up those enmore tickets (which, btw, are right now the hottest property in the history of australian show business - such as it is)

full report to follow

cheers

SIA

�heading off to the east coast � lord knows I�ve paid some dues getting through...�

and quoting a lyric at the end of my post reminds me:

tSYX � good luck at your battle of the bands thing � however, I repeat what I said in the chat room � for a one shot only gig like that, and I�m being brutally frank here, "another brick in the wall" is simply not going to win � your suggestion of JJF is a much much better idea� the only way I can see you winning if you stick with that song is by bribing/blackmailing the judges or if the lead singer can pull off some bizarre, jaw-dropping extra-musical stunt that leaves everybody totally gob-smacked but with a song like �brick� nothing short of self-immolation will provide the amount of excitement and danger required to outweigh the tedium of the tune...I�m sure all the others on the board who have played would agree

still if you do play that floyd song and not win (which is what I expect will happen � �tho I hope for your sake I�m wrong) at least you can tell the those that out voted you on the choice that you told them so...it�s not too late to get them to change their minds is it??
02-14-03 06:28 PM
Miss U. Get your kicks.
02-14-03 06:41 PM
telecaster Good luck mate. Full report is expected when you are able.
02-14-03 08:17 PM
Fiji Joe May the force be with you SIA
02-14-03 08:29 PM
LadyJane Good luck, be safe and party your ASS off, SIA!!

I know what you mean about the weird feeling of thinking of the people on this Board. I've only hanging around this hood for a couple of months, but there were many moments in Las Vegas when I'd think of this bunch of crazies!!

Have a great time!!!! We are with you in spirit!!

LadyJ.

02-14-03 09:18 PM
gypsymofo60 SIA, geez! I thought you were off to trek The North Pole or something there for a min. What was Bruce Spence's famous comical take on that piece of history?....Shit no! guys I'm just going out to strangle a darkie? NO enjoy whatever gigs you end up at, find an internet caf.
02-14-03 09:20 PM
fmk438j plenty of internet places in town.

02-14-03 10:24 PM
nankerphelge Ya peakin' yet?
Yeah you are!
Admit it!
Yer peakin'

And so you should be

Just remember, as you seek that ticket, as you brave the elements, as you let the tingle guide you to the TRUTH, yell out with all the thunder in your lungs:

"Dance for me Monkey Boy!"

02-14-03 10:32 PM
Phog SIA, enjoy the hell out of your trip. Keep those pesky

brown snakes away from our Stones, OK. Keep safe bro.
02-14-03 10:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man Mr StonedinAustrailia! I can hardly type, but i wish you all the best.

Have a GREAT TIME!

Your Pal

Alexander
02-14-03 11:46 PM
glencar Have a rockin' time, Stoned! I hope there are plenty of setlist surprises in store for Oz.
02-15-03 04:33 AM
woodywoodpecker SIA, Look foward to your write up, on the sydney shows, and the rest of you guys that are seeing the Sydney shows.

Have a blast

Woody
02-15-03 05:23 AM
Moonisup hey SIA,

fun

see you around in about 10 days!!!

enjoy
02-15-03 06:24 AM
corgi37 have a blast, SIA. Think of us at the Enmore, as i will think of you and everyone else on 27/2/03. But, why not go to a net cafe and post us your tales of life on the road?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST