ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones In China Return to archive
02-14-03 04:23 PM
Nellcote February 14, 2003
Rolling Stones to Play Hong Kong

HAVING LICKED AMERICA, ROLLING STONES CONFIRM SHOWS IN HONG KONG. TICKETS TO GO ON PUBLIC SALE THURSDAY 20 FEB. FOR 2 SPECTACULAR SHOWS!

The Rolling Stones unveiled their plans for the South East Asian leg of the massive �Licks� World Tour, with the band set to trek through Hong Kong in March 2003.

�Licks� World Tour promoters CPI BV and local promoter Live Ltd. today announced performances on March 28th and 29th at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.

HSBC Credit card holders may reserve seats in advance commencing Saturday 15th February through to Wednesday 19th February. Tickets will be issued on a first come first served basis and are available by phoning the Priority Booking Hotline 31 288 211 (10am-8pm) or on-line at www.ticketek.com.hk.

Tickets for the public will go on sale on Thursday February 20th and can be purchased through Ticketek by phoning 31 288 288 or booking on-line at www.ticketek.com.hk. Tickets for the Rolling Stones in Hong Kong are HK$1,398 and HK$598, with a limited number of Platinum Circle tickets (HK$ 2,888) also available.

In North America, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood were once again heralded by press and fans alike: �The Greatest Rock n Roll Band� in the world as they performed with unstoppable energy every evening. Having rehearsed more than 130 songs for the tour, The Stones ensured fans were left wanting more at the end of the night by dipping into their vast catalogue of album tracks and hits.

Already in the US, box office records have been smashed and the Stones definitive retrospective double CD �Forty Licks� on Virgin Records has already achieved worldwide multi-platinum status. Having sold out 40 shows in the US, the Stones will perform in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, Australia before arriving in Hong Kong.

JB, what's your take on sales....

02-14-03 04:59 PM
winter For all of you bargain shoppers:

HK $2,888 = US $370.29

wintah
02-14-03 05:13 PM
glencar I bet they sell out. Hong Kong must still be a wealthy town.
02-14-03 05:20 PM
Joey Are they going to play the following ? :

Hanoi , Vietnam

Seoul , South Korea

Beijing , China

Bangkok , Thailand

Pyongyang , North Korea

Vientiane , Laos

Phnom Penh , Cambodia

Please , I's justs gots to knows because many of those places bring back some unsettling memories .

Shudder.....................

developing ..................

{{{{{{{{{ HANOI JOE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

02-14-03 05:28 PM
glencar Sounds like Joey's suffering from Post-Domino Theory Stress Disorder.
[Edited by glencar]
02-14-03 05:42 PM
Joey " Sounds like Joey's suffering from Post-Domino Theory Stress Disorder.
[Edited by glencar] "

Damn Straight my " former posting as Blue over at that OTHER board " pal .....................................

I would like to believe that the " Domino " theory was nothing but a canard made up by individuals with good intentions who sent ten million of us into a sausage grinder for nothing , but I WAS THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , up to my KNEES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!in rice paddies , slugging it out with Charlie , all the while pussies like you were sitting back here in the states , putting on headbands , listening to Exile , smoking dope and worshipping the Godd## Beatles ...................Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Wait ........................................that was me too !!!!

Nevermind .

{{{{{ JOEY KINESON }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST