ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: continued: Stones "Supporting Bands" Return to archive
02-14-03 01:00 AM
Highwire Rob The original thread slipped way down to page 2 (And nobody reads page 2!)

I just got the latest issue of Rolling Stones mag. and on the last page "From the Vault" -- March 3, 1983:

Brian Setzer: That was an honor, to be on that tour, I was on cloud nine. I just kept pinchin' myself, you know, makin' sure. 'Hey, am I really up here with the Rolling Stones, or am I gonna wake up any minute in Massapequa?'

Did anyone here see the Stray Cats as a supporting band for the Stones? I would love to hear about it--if you can remember, that is...
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
02-14-03 01:48 AM
Riffhard I saw the Stray Cats open for them in Atlanta at the Fox. They were great! A lot of sound for a three piece band. Especially when you consider that Slim Jim Phantom plays a stand up bass and the cat that played the drums only had a snare a tom and a crash cymbal. He stood up the whole time.

About half way through thier set Woody accidently walked out onto the stage from the right hand side. It was a real Spinal Tap moment! The drink had apparently gotten lost! The crowd went nuts and the Srtay Cats had no idea what the hell was going on! Funny shit! Ronnie got a real embarrassed look on his face and slunk off the stage toot sweet. Oh,the memories of that show!

Riffhard
02-14-03 06:07 AM
F505 82 tour Rotterdam: on stage the J.Geils band. An incredible photo in the Nieuwe Revu: Mick Jagger (small, no make up, jeans and T-shirt) in the crowd looking at the stage. Literally nobody pays attention to him while he is surrounded by his fans: people who came to the Kuip to see Mick Jagger! Great pic. And also the best supporting acts (J.Geils and George Thoroghood) I ever saw visiting a Stones concert.
02-14-03 08:26 AM
marko hey f-505,,how much you remember from those HOT rotterdam
1982 shows?Listening,shows were damn good,and the graziest
dutch audience!
02-14-03 06:05 PM
F505 Marko, I remember it was a very hot day in june and it was the first concert of the European tour. (They rehearsed in the UK using phony names.) From four o�clock on we watched Thorogood (who did a lot of Chuck Berry licks including the inevitably duckwalk) and the J. Geilsband. We hadn't seen the Stones since The Hague 1976. By nine o�clock they entered the stage and the crowd exploded when they started Under my Thumb. Keith played his horny and greasy licks (the man of the concert no doubt) and he looked really good (while clean). The horn section (Ernie Watts and Bobby) was great: Keys excelled on You can�t always get... and Charlie got an ovation because it was his birthday. Most liked Let it Bleed with Mick on acoustic guitar playing the opening chords. The only negative thing was his wardrobe: the most ugly outfit I�d ever seen. But nevertheless a great experience.
[Edited by F505]
02-15-03 08:09 AM
marko Ok here we go,,,,,,,,i tought this,but,are you into boots?
I could burn all 3 rotterdam shows,if you want to?
2.6.82 VG,i will get a bit better
4.6.82 Vg+
5.6.82 vg+ or vg++

i think the final day was a killer one,whole band was really
ON,specially keith.
02-15-03 09:58 AM
F505 marko mail me please on [email protected]
Maybe we can do some trade... thx in advance

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST