ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What to do,I really don't know what to do... Return to archive
02-13-03 04:34 PM
Riffhard I need a little help here guys and gals. I'm need of comforting and a little compassion that I know my cyber friends at RO can and will provide. See,it goes like this. I loaned a good friend of mine my copy of A Brussles Affair. I had bought this "must have" boot way back in 1990. It's on the Chameleon label and it has this funny little tray thing that the actual disk sits on. When you open the case the disk pops up on this tray and you have to remove it by sliding it off the tray. Well,my none to bright friend couldn't figure out how to operate this new fangeled technology and while trying to remove this bit of Stones mana he snapped my CD in half!

He felt horrible about it and tried to make it up to me by giving me his copy of the Being Mick DVD. I still think I got the shit end of the stick. I mean,Being Mick is ok and all but,I mean c'mon! It's not quite as thrilling to sit and watch Mick record Dogshit in the Doorway and meet Prince Charles,playing with his kids.....I mean I think that that's nowhere near as invigorating as the sheer raunch and ballsyness of All Down the Line,Heartbreaker and every other god blessed song on my now broken CD! What did I do to deserve this kind of retribution?! If not for one act of sheer stupidity on my friends part I would still have the majesty that is BA!

So please dear friends have pity on your pal Riffy. I have lost a treasured boot and possibly a friend for life. So I guess my question is should I kill him?

Thank you!

Riffhard

PS-If anyone has a copy of BA and would be willing to burn it I'd be forever in your debt!
02-13-03 04:39 PM
Moonisup what is wrong with comparing "visions of paradise" to the raw and haunting brussels versions of Gimme shelter and Midnight rambler?

02-13-03 04:46 PM
Phog Goddamn, that is rough. I never loan out my discs, not

even to my old lady, for the exact reason you've brought up

here. If I had a burner I'd help you out. As far as your

friend goes you should just be honest with him/her and tell

them that Being Mick doesn't quite cut it. Maybe they'll

feel bad and find another one for you on Ebay or something.

Good luck.
02-13-03 05:16 PM
throbby Hey Riffhard, PM me your mailing address and I will burn you, as per Mathijs, a most excellent version of this show. Much better sound than you once had.
02-13-03 05:41 PM
Riffhard throbby you are my new hero! Thanks my man. You have a PM!

You may have just saved my friends life!

Riffhard
02-13-03 05:51 PM
Martha Kill him anyway, Riffhard.

Peace,
Martha

There is no irony in this post!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST