ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thoughts on Heartbreaker Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-14-03 12:12 PM
icydanger i see it as an anti weapon song (44)
anti police, as Xyzzy mentionned
anti injustice
i like GHS

sad, yes, i fear, decades to come may resemble a George Orwell scenario, not so much in Old Europe as in the States.
Yes, sure it is a Heart braker
doo doo doo
02-14-03 02:23 PM
100 Years Ago yes icy, in the words of Dylan, "You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows" but enough of that, I'd like to more about the '75 tour, I've heard some of the '75-'76 tour but don't have any live show boots of that tour. It's hard to imagine it topping '72 or '69, 1) no soaring MT leads, 2) Keith smacked out, 3)Mick's act bordering on parody. But it could be, I'd like to hear more, I agree that a percussionist would bea nice addition to the current Stones show. Ollie Brown definitely added alot to the songs I've heard from tour.
02-14-03 02:26 PM
Maxlugar No Mick Taylor, sure. And that is always unfortunate.

However, Ronnie was playing brilliantly in his place.

Some of it, Wild Horses as an example, was even better than Mick Taylor.
02-14-03 02:46 PM
Joey " Josh, I'm sorry for that post back in '99. "

<---- As long as you're feeling like Abraham Lincoln ................Are you sorry to Joey for your infamous , " Max - Lug - ar -- How come you taste so good .............? " Post in '99 ? You know the one , when you sold Joey to Josh for a pack of cigarettes . How could you do such as thing to sweet young Joey ????????????????

There There little buddy ! Let Max apologize for that one on his own time !

JACKY !!!!!!!!

02-14-03 02:58 PM
lonecrapshooter I really really got into GHS in the fall with Mickboy's remaster. Regardless of whether the remaster is ""all that" (I think it is) there a some great tunes there that I redicovered, particulary Can You Hear The Music, Hide Your Love, and Silver Train. I don't think there is a bad song on the album and it flows real well ending nicely with Starfucker. Mickboy turned it from a sleepy album to smokin, at least for me.

When I hear the drummer, get me in the groove
When I hear the guitar, makes me wanna move

Oh, Yeah, Yeah

[Edited by lonecrapshooter]
02-14-03 03:06 PM
lonecrapshooter speaking of'69 and MT, last night I was listeing to Oakland '69 with MT on LIV. Blew my mind. Also, I'm Free is a nice track from that show.

Don't give me no BULLSHIT
Don't give me no BULLSHIT
Don't give me no lies
02-14-03 03:17 PM
marko Only "bad" thing on 75-tour was,i don�t like how they speeded up jjf&sfm,otherwise brilliant.
02-14-03 03:46 PM
Jumping Jack As for the 75 tour, the boot of ALL DOWN THE LINE from LA was the best version I've heard. Ronnie kicked ass on it. The lotus stage, inflatable dick and general mayhem mad it unforgetable. Billy Preston was a great addition.
02-15-03 05:45 AM
Cant Catch Me If you seek the NY MSG boots from '75, keep in mind that the performances from that date are pretty sloppy, although amusingly so. Jagger was either very drunk, rare for him I think, or on some heavy downers that night. At points he can barely remember the words.

But they do perform Cherry Oh, which is a treat, and all in all the performance is enjoyable. I think all the above is right, at least if the person who recommended '75 MSG was talking about the show(s?) that are/were on "Welcome Back to New York" and "Preserve for Future," on Northern Records, and now reissued I believe under another title by VGP.
02-15-03 06:11 AM
beer 2 words: Mick Taylor.

Taylor dragged that song out of the mud and into brilliance. live.
[Edited by beer]
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST