ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Smoking Gun - the Stones tour rider Return to archive
02-10-03 04:45 PM
Gazza Ok..so youve heard all this 'diva' nonsense about Jennifer Lopez requiring 10 dressing rooms for an appearance on "Top of the pops" and Mariah Carey insisting on pink toilet paper and no staircases leading towards the stage because "I don't DO stairs" but have you ever wondered what the Stones' demands are like when THEY are on the road?

Here's an example of their rider from the BTB tour. Thanks to Gary Robertson for sending it on....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/stones/stones1.html
02-10-03 05:53 PM
100 Years Ago pretty reasonable considering it's for THE GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND in the world...hell i was expecting thrones, naked slave chicks, $1000 bottles of champagne...you can't consider the Stones diva-like that's for sure!
02-10-03 06:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude These are tame and reasonable demands. If anything it proves how un-diva they are. They're the Rolling fucking Stones for God's sake!
02-10-03 06:03 PM
telecaster
quote:
100 Years Ago wrote:
pretty reasonable considering it's for THE GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND in the world...hell i was expecting thrones, naked slave chicks, $1000 bottles of champagne...you can't consider the Stones diva-like that's for sure!

Not bad. Take a look at Sheryl Crowes on thesmokinggun.com

That chick is a booze hound
02-11-03 11:58 PM
full moon KOOL!!!
02-12-03 07:25 AM
corgi37 Thats cause Sheryl needs booze to cop the pain of the massive length of Corgi. Either that, or i is one ugly bastard, and she needs to get pissed to pretend its Keith.
02-12-03 08:17 PM
Angiegirl Hmm, pretty decent. Maybe Keef should stay clear of the combat games, so he won't be so pissed with Mick onstage
02-12-03 09:39 PM
Scot Rocks haha the classic Nolte pic!!!!!!!

fantastic!!!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/nolte1.html
02-13-03 12:23 AM
Martha They like those bathrooms to sparkle ehh!
02-14-03 10:23 AM
Factory Girl Two questions-what is the difference btwn pool and snooker tables?

What is an Executive Toilet?
02-14-03 10:29 AM
jb Snooker was developed from the American bumper pool game...
02-14-03 01:18 PM
Nellcote JB, you'll need this info correct if you travel to the UK later this year. Snooker was developed by the British, Devonshire Regiment in India, 1875. I'm certain some of our UK friends will provide further colour on this...
02-14-03 01:21 PM
egon "The Rolling Stones were once the world's greatest rock band--back when Keith was on smack and crawled around dressing room floors looking for his misplaced works"

WHAT THE FUCK?

02-14-03 01:27 PM
jb Nellcote...I just love bumper pool and thought we should take some credit for such a wonderful game....
02-14-03 02:10 PM
Gazza Snooker tables are larger than pool tables (12 ft by 6 ft,if I'm not mistaken)

The spotting & layout of the balls (no sniggering please) is also different in snooker

ie :
CUE BALL (WHITE)

YELLOW BROWN GREEN

BLUE

PINK

REDS (X 15)

BLACK

The pockets are also quite different - pool is a bit easier, IMO!!
[Edited by Gazza]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST