ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Politics Of Leah Wood. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
02-10-03 03:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
We do have our share of homos down here....particularly in CoconutGrove, Las Olas, and South Beach.

JB is The Keys considered S. Fla?
02-10-03 03:26 PM
Fiji Joe L & A...that's funny...I have relatives in Germany and have spent a considerable amount of time there and without exception, everyone person I spoke to absolutely despised the Turks...treated them like 2nd class citizens...I can't however, speak for Belgium...I cannot help but think this mindset is playing a role in Germany's decision...

BTW what can you tell me about the Flemish speaking citizens of Belgium?...I recently learned that my ancestors are from that line of people along with, of course, my mother's German family...I would like to go there and find out more...what part of Belgium do these people inhabit?

02-10-03 03:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
L&A wrote:

We have in Belgium a big Turkish community (more than in Florida, I guess), and we would never leave them.

Give peace a chance :

We did give peace a chance, for 12 years and 17 worthless UN Resolutions (yawn). Saddam shot at US and British planes
550 times in 2002 in UN sanctioned "No Fly" zones.

Enough.
02-10-03 03:36 PM
jb Geez telecaster...I must have Ronald Reagans's disease..the Keys are the very epitome of the gay life-style!!!
02-10-03 03:41 PM
L&A I don't feel it like this, Fiji Joe. Of course, there are always problems of integration (is it the right translation ?), but I work with a lot of Turkish people from a Turkish bank, and they are the nicest customers I have.

PS: Flemish North (I guess you've heard about Bruges), Brussels Middle (French + Flemish-speaking), French-speaking (Wallonie) South, and German-speaking East. And we are only 10 Mio.

Welcome to the country of your ancestors
02-10-03 03:42 PM
jb Turkish hash=great
02-10-03 03:51 PM
Maxlugar Give a chance for a peaceful solution?!?!?!?!?!

A chance??!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!???

He's had 12 friggin' years of chances??!?!!?!!!?!??????!

Wake the frig up!!!!!

We should have been bombing the living frig out of him years ago!!!

Friggin' hell!

MACKY!

02-10-03 03:56 PM
jb He's now allowong U-2 flights...god I hope we don't give in Max...we need to start bombing immediately and kill these heathens.
02-10-03 11:39 PM
glencar L&A, I had the distinct pelasure of visiting Belgium 4 years ago. I spent much time in Ghent & some in Brugge & Brussels. I met mostly Flemish types. I visited the war grounds from the Great War. Somber time. I recall some dislike of my friends in Ghent for the Turks. They called the Turks mobsters & drug dealers. In the NY area, the Turks are gas pumpers. They seem like nice people trying to get ahead in America.

I'm so glad sasca left. She was definitely a pill. But she was right about Israel (although quite strident!).
02-11-03 08:01 AM
Factory Girl Glencar, I think sasca was a guy. I say that because of his many references to wanking off. Why did sasca leave?
02-11-03 08:11 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
Can you believe that France, Germany, and Belgium have actually blocked Nato's attempt to install defensive artillery in Turkey! it's one thing not to support the war, but it is down right treasonous to leave an ally at the mercy of Saddam's scuds, which could very well contain biological warheads..

NATO's history! it's outserved it's original purpose, I mean when you invite the very nation in that it was intended to deter all credibility goes out the window. Bring on The Mastiffs! Let's get this sorted! and get back to trying to live in some semblence of normality.
02-11-03 08:22 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Give a chance for a peaceful solution?!?!?!?!?!

A chance??!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!???

He's had 12 friggin' years of chances??!?!!?!!!?!??????!

Wake the frig up!!!!!

We should have been bombing the living frig out of him years ago!!!

Friggin' hell!

MACKY!

Maxy, it's time to stop being diplomatic, we need to understand how you really feel, by the way hows the little one?
02-11-03 09:33 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
He's now allowong U-2 flights...god I hope we don't give in Max...we need to start bombing immediately and kill these heathens.

Great, now Saddam is letting Bono and U2 get involved.

I didn't know it was this serious
02-11-03 10:06 AM
icydanger
and Mister Blix was positive
02-11-03 10:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
He's now allowong U-2 flights...god I hope we don't give in Max...we need to start bombing immediately and kill these heathens.

What the fuck does everyone have against Muslims?

They are not *heathens*. Some of them are *fundamentalist wackos deserving of being repeatedly whacked a'la the Keith Guitar Swing Of 81*. The phrase *heathens* indicates extreme religious intolerance and I'd prefer it not be used amongst who I thought were sensible human beings.

We live in the 21st Century and there's *still* this kinda ingrained anti-any-religion-that's-not-Christianity thing going on in the USA, one of the most highly educated nations in the world?

That fucking makes me sick.

I was trying to keep out of politics this year, but please, guys, keep racist, homophobic, xenophobic comments etc. outta this. The guy's religion has nothing to do with it. He's a maniac and needs to be destroyed - what the fuck do I care if he's Muslim, Christian, Athiest, Satan-worshipper, whatever.

God! What a fucking mess this world's in if we still just make such crass generalizations like that.

This entire post's taken a turn for the worse. Magic 500 aside, I'd rather it be closed. It doesn't bode well for the future of humanity, myself most fucking definitely included.

-tSYX.
02-11-03 10:23 AM
icydanger

this last ones gives me the conviction that religion
also has a lot to do with the source of the conflicts.
you cannot impose democracy on other cultures.

the people the most disturbed by saddam in irak are the closest to him; in his own gouvernment,, many christians live there BTW, in peace.
no one is sure saddam was planning an attack on Israel

joey better 10 feet in front or behind?
who is the unhappiest?
extrems
India also has different opinions about woman.
the image of woman around the world.... not to mention Israel, China, Japon....

moderation...
it has to be thought well over
The strategy will touch arabia, africa, europe much more then it will affect the states,, that explains the point of view of the population.

02-11-03 11:05 AM
Fiji Joe I would agree that in the case of Saddam...his religion is irrelevant...I do not think it's the driving force behind his decisions except to the point that he can use it to motivate or to muddy up the waters and turn this into a more international issue than it really is...I also do not get the impression that the iraqui people are motivated by religion...I do not get the impression that they are motivated at all...I really feel these people know they would be far better off without Saddam and have no desire to fight for him
02-11-03 11:40 AM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I would agree that in the case of Saddam...his religion is irrelevant...I do not think it's the driving force behind his decisions except to the point that he can use it to motivate or to muddy up the waters and turn this into a more international issue than it really is...I also do not get the impression that the iraqui people are motivated by religion...I do not get the impression that they are motivated at all...I really feel these people know they would be far better off without Saddam and have no desire to fight for him

True Fiji: I read an article last week where a couple of Iraqi soldiers defected and said they can't wait for this
to start to get rid of Saddam.

Everyone will be better off around the world regardless
of your politics

02-11-03 12:03 PM
Maxlugar Wrong Savage boy.

Christians are the one group where it is ok to bash these days.

They have no PC rights at all.

MACK The Y!
02-11-03 01:21 PM
glencar TheSavageYoungIzzy needs to realize who posted the "heathens" remark. JB is a Jew. He doesn't take an "any religion that's not Christianity must be bad" attitude. But I agree with your essential point. Just because Saddam is (nominally) a Muslim doesn't mean diddly. That's not why we are going to bust his ass.
02-11-03 02:06 PM
Joey " TheSavageYoungIzzy needs to realize who posted the "heathens" remark. JB is a Jew. He doesn't take an "any religion that's not Christianity must be bad" attitude. But I agree with your essential point. Just because Saddam is (nominally) a Muslim doesn't mean diddly. "

Blue ????????????????? Is that really you ????????????

Whatever happened to you all these years ?..................................after the " Thrilla in Manilla " ( Stormy vs. Blue thread about ' Which is the better album , B2B or Voodoo Lounge ? ' ) , you completely disappeared from the scenery , sort of like Joe Frazier .....................................

Man , one thing about you Blue , you sure could write a post and man , were you " Minty Fresh " !

" Help Me Ronnie , Help Help Me Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{ JOE the Y }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-11-03 04:26 PM
glencar Hey, Funny Joey! No, I don't miss that asshole Stormy. That was some battle royale that night. I felt bad for Keno though. What a mess. I still post but "Blue" was taken here & at Stonesdoug so I use "glencar" & post away. You live in Kansas?
02-11-03 04:46 PM
Joey " You live in Kansas? "

Nebraska my Brother !

Is Stormy still around ...................?

Does he have Parkinsons ...................?

{{{{{{{ JOE the Y }}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-11-03 05:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the best part of this thread:

" Joey , what that young man does out there on that board every day is absolutely AMAZING !!!!! " ( Charlie Watts during an interview when asked if he reads the ' Rocks Off ' Message Board . )

02-11-03 05:05 PM
gypsy I agree w/ you, Voodoo. Sometimes Joey just amazes me.
02-11-03 05:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
glencar wrote:
TheSavageYoungIzzy needs to realize who posted the "heathens" remark. JB is a Jew. He doesn't take an "any religion that's not Christianity must be bad" attitude. But I agree with your essential point. Just because Saddam is (nominally) a Muslim doesn't mean diddly. That's not why we are going to bust his ass.

Yeah, I didn't even notice. Too angry at our buddies in the 700 Club or whatever it's called. I *hate* those guys. Cheating people out of money like that - if anything they say they believe in is true they'll be first in line at the big roast-'o-sinners.

Still, Jew, Christian, Muslim, Gay, Straight, Black, White, etc., what's the fucking big deal? No one is in any genetic way worse than anyone else because of what they believe in or what skin color they are or who they choose to get the horizontal mambo on with? That shouldn't enter into anyone's judgement.

jb, man, what's the deal with that? I didn't even know it was you - I thought you were out of that sorta trash talk now, man! What's your beef with Muslims? Are some of them attacking Israel? Yes! Hell yes! And those bastards need to be dealt with, just as some overzealous Israelis pushing to treat all Muslims as second-class citizens need to be dealt with. But neither side is completely guilty in all members or completely innocent. As long as we ignore the problem, the older generation is training the younger one to be just like them - only worse, because they'll have known no other way like the older generation did. Did you see that baby dressed up as a suicide bomber? Or the stories of Israeli kids wanting to grow up and kill Palestinians? Fuck, man, that is some seriously fucked up shit on both sides, with both leaders, those maniacs Sharon and Arafat.

We can't just shovel all blame onto one side or the other in that specific issue. And we can't make gross generalizations either - as soon as we start doing that, we marginalize people who can really make a difference.

-tSYX --- People all over the world, join hands!
02-11-03 05:33 PM
Joey " That was some battle royale that night. I felt bad for Keno though. What a mess. I still post but "Blue" was taken here & at Stonesdoug so I use "glencar" & post away. "

I will never forget that night back in 1999 . It was the finest pugilistic exhibition of posting that the world had ever witnessed . It is estimated that hundreds and hundreds of millions of individuals around the world were glued to Keno's board that evening watching intently as Stormy and yourself battled it out about which album was more masterful , " Bridges to Babylon " or " Voodoo Lounge " ???????

The whole world had clicked on to the internet as Stormy came out strong at the opening bell and won the first few rounds ..... But then YOU !!!! In your magisterial , yet truculent nature , battled back in the middle rounds all the while exhibiting the raw intensity of a toutured soul who had decided to open up the very depths of his bat cave and pound away at Stormy as if you were prepared to die out there . With each punishing blow to Stormy's mid section , I could hear him squeal and writhe in his corner , all the while listening in disbelief as he managed to bray out , " Don't you know I am God Blue ???? " Your response was beautiful , " God !!!!! , you're in the wrong place tonight !!!!! "

But then , in the eleventh round , when Storm made his electrifying analysis and pontificated and jeremiad his place in history , I could only hide my eyes as his amazing reach , time and time again , landed forcefully upon your brow -- both eyes swollen shut , until at the start of fourteenth round ( 2:15 AM ) , your corner made the decision that you would not come out and post anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The decision was Storms , but neither of you were ever the smae fighter again ..............................

That night , for two hours after the thread had ended , I just sat there , like millions of us throughout the world , staring in disbelief at the magic that I had just witnessed . Finally , about ( 5:00 AM ) , my girlfriend came into the kitchen , logged me out , turned off my computer , and literally carried me to bed .

Thank You Blue !!!!

Stormy and yourself gave the world something that night nobody will ever forget .............................Posting at its finest !

Joey !

02-11-03 06:18 PM
glencar LOL thanks, Joey! I had to sign off that night only because it was 3am my time. That twerpy Storm had 3 hours grace on me. He & I had had plenty of battles before that (going back to Stonesworld) but none were that extended. Storm was a jerk who rigged polls & posted under several handles. I think he finally realized he actually isn't a Stones fan after all this time & posts at a Barry Manilove board as "Mandy" where he occasionally tries to kick up some dust but the girls just won't have it. Those bitches!
02-11-03 07:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL thanks, Joey! I had to sign off that night only because it was 3am my time. That twerpy Storm had 3 hours grace on me. He & I had had plenty of battles before that (going back to Stonesworld) but none were that extended. Storm was a jerk who rigged polls & posted under several handles. I think he finally realized he actually isn't a Stones fan after all this time & posts at a Barry Manilove board as "Mandy" where he occasionally tries to kick up some dust but the girls just won't have it. Those bitches!

Cut me Mick! Joey is the Howard Cosell of this board.
I had to towel off just reading the recap.

Transcripts, I want transcripts.
02-11-03 08:07 PM
glencar LOL Telly, I recall it was a complete victory by myself. No transcript available, as far as I know. Now I must tell youse, all this reminiscing is making me nervous. I'd hate to see Stormy come off tha Barry Manilow board.

Izzy: Great post. I agree with most of what you wrote.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST