ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Politics Of Leah Wood. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
02-07-03 01:21 PM
jb JOEY, did you know Michael Jackson only had 2 minor nose jobs? Also, doesn't every man sleep with teenage boys after giving them warm milk and cookies? Your friend in "Neverland"..JOSHY
[Edited by jb]
02-07-03 02:17 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Nice vid tele -- nothing like a wake-up call from the US eh?

Thought you all would like that.

I want, no, I must have an AC-130 for my own personal use

02-07-03 02:20 PM
Joey " JOEY, did you know Michael Jackson only had 2 minor nose jobs? Also, doesn't every man sleep with teenage boys after giving them warm milk and cookies? Your friend in "Neverland"..JOSHY "

Josh , I poured you a Guinness at the " Hard Rock " in Denver ........................but you never showed up to drink it !

Why ????????????????? Was it something I said ????????

And where is Sir Moonie ??????

Stones !

Joey Boy !
02-07-03 02:26 PM
Scottfree I'm sure Leah would've never dreamed her topic would linger on for 333+ posts....Does the topic starter or Leah herself get some type of Rocks off medallion?
02-07-03 02:55 PM
jb Sir Moonie and I had a falling out(not that we ever fell in) over mid-east policy and the British. We do, however, have a mutual friend-Parmeda.
02-07-03 03:09 PM
parmeda jb! You and Moonie had a tiff?

Over THAT!

C'mom...don't make me perform an intervention, LOL.

The show alone would have the two of you slappin' your thighs and rolling over each other in laughter.

Cut it out, you two!
Don't make me get ugly!
02-07-03 03:25 PM
jb No Pam..never a argument or anything..we just are 360 degrees apart on certain issues which would prevent us from ever being friends...but I have nothing persoanlly agaist SM...from what I've heard, he is a hell of a nice guy.
02-07-03 03:46 PM
Joey " he is a hell of a nice guy. "

He is a great man !!!!!!!!!!

Moonie is living proof that there is hope for our orb !
02-07-03 03:49 PM
nankerphelge Maybe moonie is already in Vegas!?!
I better go check...
02-07-03 03:55 PM
Joey Maybe moonie is already in Vegas!?!
I better go check... "

How are you gonna get tickets ?

How much you gonna spend on " chicks " after the gig ?

Did you ever see " Leaving Las Vegas " ?????

You think Moonie is stuck in some cheap hotel room with some prostitute ??? Cool !

02-07-03 04:02 PM
parmeda Nanky...Moonie's in Vegas?
That travelin' fool! ...bless his ass!
And YOU! Don't even tell me you're jumping on a plane later, LOL...

btw...I missed lunch. What's for dinner?
02-07-03 04:02 PM
nankerphelge eBay has a shitload of great seats!
And I've been watching TicketMaster too.
TM is very sad tho -- only one single solitary show left for the Stones!!!

sniff....

Pammy! No I don't think he is really in Vegas.
I am seriously considering it. It checks a lot of boxes -- weekend show, last US show, Vegas, a friend of mine is going and wants me to go, FF miles...I dunno -- sure has a lot going for it!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
02-07-03 04:07 PM
Joey " TM is very sad tho -- only one single solitary show left for the Stones!!!

sniff.... "

They may come back to the states next spring -- after all of the " Wars for National Liberation " are over . What does that mean , you ask ????? Hell , I don't know ............I make it up as I go along .

YES !!!!!!!!

CHARLIE'S EYEBROW !

{{{{{{{ JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
02-07-03 04:09 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
TM is very sad tho -- only one single solitary show left for the Stones!!!

sniff....

Thanks for the knife in my heart Nank...here, have a tissue.

The good side of this...I have family in Vegas!!!
hmmm...shall I make a few calls?
02-07-03 04:14 PM
nankerphelge You and me in Vegas!!
Think we could find some fun??
02-07-03 04:23 PM
parmeda Nanky...have you not learned?

The FUN will find US!
02-07-03 05:24 PM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
er...sasca is a girl...so....

Hmmm. You got me there.

Sorry I called you a him, sasca.
02-07-03 06:20 PM
gypsy no, sasca is a male, albeit a feminine one...but a male nonetheless.
02-08-03 12:08 AM
Fiji Joe Whoa! This post fell way too far down the board...just bringing it back
02-08-03 12:27 AM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

I am seriously considering it. It checks a lot of boxes -- weekend show, last US show, Vegas, a friend of mine is going and wants me to go, FF miles...I dunno -- sure has a lot going for it!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]

Sounds like you need a little C10 coaxing.

Listen...it's the right brand, the right band, they're your size....

Verily I say unto you:

Brother Nanker, if the shoe fits...WEAR IT!

YOU MUST GO.

Tell the missus the monkey talked you into it. Again.
02-08-03 01:02 PM
nankerphelge Mighta worked with the Cons.
Not with Vegas!

"I'm going to see the Stones in Vegas darling. I was on the fence about it, but FPM said I should!"

I think you would have heard the "snap" from where you are!!

I opted instead to discuss the possibility of catching a show in Dublin or Amsterdam! I think I made some progress!

02-09-03 05:06 PM
sasca No-one wants war? Have you read this thread?

jb, if you believe God gave you Israel it seems fucking ungrateful not to live there. Of course, he did no such thing. You are like every other religious nut, unable to see yourself in others. There are many right-wingers down here (AWB etc.) who sound exactly like you. They believe God gave them this land. Israel is the surviving sibling of apartheid South Africa. Yet it flaunts UN resolutions with impunity.
And surely being a Zionist involves you in a hopeless tangle? - you can't expect the US not to want its citizens to be similiarly bigoted, so you can't expect them to think much of you, having as you do a holy allegiance to another country.
That so few of your countrymen are willing to speak against you is indicative of how far the USA has fallen. Not the least effect of crime is to rob the victims of reason and judgement. You mock France and Germany yet you react like a spoiled child told to sit down when anyone ventures criticism of the US. Do you cosily imagine France and Germany are the only countries against you? Support in Africa is negligible. If I am a fool for opposing war, then so too are Mandela and Tutu.

Anyway, I'm bored with this board, with fanatics like jb and Pants, with mediocrities like Lady Jane, with people who find it more offensive to mock the Stones than to mock a civilisation.

Guernica was covered as Powell made his speech.
02-09-03 08:27 PM
Dandelion* Sasca - I found a really good interview with Camille Paglia in Salon:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2003/02/07/paglia/index.html

Just click on the free day pass ad up top to read the whole thing.

EVERYONE here should read it. Very good points - plus - she's a big Keith fan (Stones content).
02-09-03 08:58 PM
gypsy sasca, I too have had it with fanatics. Can't we just get back to the good old days, where the only fanatics were the type who pushed Brian Jones petitions in our faces every chance they got?
02-09-03 11:13 PM
gypsymofo60 Sasca, for someone who professes to be SO bored with this board, you do seem to spend alot of time frequenting it. How many times have you said, in this thread, and others, how tired you are with this subject? You attack JB, and accuse him of supporting genocide,(with an anti-semitic slant I might add), telling us all how The Jews have no right to claim Palestiene. Ahhhh! Would that be like The boars claims on South Africa? And in my humble opinion Sas', not enough time has passed just yet for South Africans to be jumping up & down indignintly pointing fingers at anyone. You say "there is little support for a war in Africa"......hilarious! Is there an African country where war isn't running neck& neck with AIDS in the race to decimate the entire continent? Did you by chance take in just how many billions America has pledged in the war against AIDS in Africa? Far be it for me to advise you on what, and what not to post, but you know, this is predominately an American site, if you throw insults at Americans you know what's gonna be coming home, and it aint roses.
02-10-03 09:30 AM
icydanger why is it an american site?
the owners...? yes. interesting
what i appreciate here: the posters can express different opinions, it gets tough at times ic.

and

even in america opinion is divided
Anyway
i thought the Rolling Stones were international
sigh
maybe voodoo or gazza or jacks will put an american flag up.
(sorry lol)

cheers
02-10-03 09:40 AM
Fiji Joe Icy...I don't think anyone called this an Amercian site...read the post again and stop looking for a fight
02-10-03 09:44 AM
icydanger fee jee

i dont like fights and i dont think they are productive;
discussing and cooperating has best results

those words were a follow up of above poster
"this is predominately an American site, if you throw insults at Americans you know what's gonna be coming home, and it aint roses."
cheers
02-10-03 09:48 AM
Fiji Joe "Predominantly American site"...which means that the majority of people who post here are American....I think that's an accurate statement...that is not the same as saying this is an American site which would imply, if you had your way, that people from other countries are not welcome...so get your verbage right before you start attacking people bro...
02-10-03 09:55 AM
icydanger yes, so we should not throw insults, no matter
the background

sometimes even giving an opinion seems like an insult
objectivity is the key
our opinion is conditionned by our past

this war issue makes people become very emotional.
i think what we all want is the best for the planet and for humanity.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST