ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Youngs at the Enmore Theatre, Sydney - February 18, 2003
With thanks to Kate (Exile's sister) - More here
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Politics Of Leah Wood. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
01-24-03 06:35 AM
Voodoo Femme Interesting Daily Telegraph interview with Leah Wood today discussing her political stance on Iraq. A definite pacifist, she is livid about Blair's 'pig headed and pathetic' leadership and would consider chaining herself to No.10 apparently to make her perspective clear. Well rock on to a true 21st century suffragette, I look forward to hearing her new material written on the topic. I completely agree with her points..
01-24-03 06:56 AM
Moonisup Indeed, no need to go at war! YES LEAH!!!!!!
01-24-03 07:34 AM
Maxlugar POOP!!!

POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP! POOP!
01-24-03 08:22 AM
exile If You're Happy And You Know It Bomb Iraq

If you cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq.
If the markets are a drama, bomb Iraq.
If the terrorists are Saudi,
And your alibi is shoddy,
And your tastes remain quite gaudy,
Bomb Iraq.

If you never were elected, bomb Iraq.
If your mood is quite dejected, bomb Iraq.
If you think that SUVs,
Are the best thing since sliced cheese,
And your father you must please,
Bomb Iraq.

If the globe is quickly warming, bomb Iraq.
If the poor will soon be storming, bomb Iraq.
We assert that might makes right,
Burning oil is a delight,
For the empire we will fight,
Bomb Iraq.

If we have no allies with us, bomb Iraq.
If we think that someone's dissed us, bomb Iraq.
So to hell with the inspections,
Let's look tough for the elections,
Close your mind and take directions,
If your Happyt and you know it Bomb Iraq.

If corporate fraud is growin', bomb Iraq.
If your ties to it are showin', bomb Iraq.
If your politics are sleazy,
And hiding that ain�t easy,
And your manhood�s getting queasy,
Bomb Iraq.

Fall in line and follow orders, bomb Iraq.
For our might now knows no borders, bomb Iraq.
Disagree? We�ll call it treason,
It's the make war not love season,
Even if we have no reason,
Bomb Iraq.
01-24-03 10:21 AM
Zeeta That's a clasic exile. At least there is some intelligence in this forum!
Adios
01-24-03 10:31 AM
jb Moon...we really do need to go to War and I am as liberal as you can get.....we can't afford another genocide or to allow this tyrant to obtain nuclear weapons....We have a voluntary army and no one is being forced to sign up..they Know the risk..moreover, we will have to again do the dirty work for the cowardly French government who are controlled by the 12 million plus muslims living in France....Atleast with Germany, while I disagree with their stance, it's probably better that they stay out, as their history is shameful when it comes to war...
[Edited by jb]
01-24-03 10:36 AM
Moonisup well why iraq, cos they have weapons?

they used the chemical weapons the US gave them?

no, it's the oil

If you go to war, please be fair and say: hey fool, don't fuck with oil

and by the way, every regime the US helped to install was a farce!

Sorry josh, we can't agree always
01-24-03 10:40 AM
jb That cool Moon....I respect your opinion....I still expect my shoes!LOL
01-24-03 10:41 AM
Moonisup our friendship stands above our different opinion about iraq! ahha don't worry
01-24-03 10:43 AM
jb I have several more Stones related books if you want them..Stone Alone by Wyman and Mick Jagger biography..let me know..
01-24-03 10:56 AM
Street Fighting Man I saw the utter devastation of the September 11th 2001 terrorist acts. I personally knew people who died that day, and others who narrowily escaped with their lives.

Saddam Hussein is a known terrorist who hates the United States, and funds terroristic activities. Further, it's a fact that he is pursuing weapons of mass destruction, which would increase his abilities to threaten other countries. He's proven himself to be an evil man, who's not afraid to make others suffer (e.g., use of chemical, gas & biological agents on his own people).

Typically, people with these "anti-war" viewpoints, such as Leah Wood, are wealthy individuals who are somewhat removed from reality (i.e., too much time on their hands). If terrorists are allowed to pursue their activities unabatted, then they will impact all of us. However, in democratic societies, free speech is important and valuable. I for one support the use of force in Iraq, as Saddam Hussein has had every opportunity to cooperate and disarm, but has not chose to do so.
01-24-03 11:03 AM
jb I agree with your post...after visiting ground zero this past week, my sorrow was only outweighed by pure rage ....
[Edited by jb]
01-24-03 11:08 AM
Moonisup I ain't rich

and anger is the worst adviser
01-24-03 11:28 AM
Riffhard The US,and the world, is already paying the price for allowing a tyrant to to acheive nukes,ie,North Korea.North Korea is now holding the world hostage with their weapons. We cannot let Saddam do the same thing! He has thumbed his nose at the world politic for twelve long years.

As for the oil. That argument is 100% CRAP! The US gets less than 5% of it's oil from Iraq! This guy,Saddam,has killed more 4 million people in the last twenty years,yet the European elite call the US policy on Iraq barbaric! It sickens me! We,the US,rebuilt much of Europe after WW2 with The Marshall Plan. We helped liberate the East German people. We commited our forces to Kosovo and defeated the USSR. All of this in Europe's back yard. There was no bitching then! When it's good for Europe the US is a great friend to have. When it's good for the US the Euro snobs start second guessing our motives! It sickens me!

F the govs of France and Germany. We send hundreds of thousands of our men and women to die for THEIR causes,however, we can never expect them to support us when we need the help. Some allies!!

Having said all that. I still have nothing but Stonsian admiration for my Euro Stones fans! When push comes to shove we still are alike when it comes to the music!

Riffhard
01-24-03 11:30 AM
jb Sorry I did not get to meet you in New York Riff...
01-24-03 11:37 AM
Scot Rocks It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, American, European, Austrailan, Asian or Arab the facts speak for themselves, this war is a load of bullshit.

Mark
01-24-03 11:40 AM
LadyJane Riffhard:

Your post was brilliant!! Hit the nail on the head on all topics, especially our deep respect for our fellow Euro Stonesians!!

LadyJ.
01-24-03 12:22 PM
sasca The only country ever to have used nuclear weapons in war is the USA.
France ruled one of the greatest empires in the history of the earth (not necessarily a good thing). Germany has produced some of the fairest philosophers and artists. Civilisation is thousands of years old. Every nation has done evil, every nation good. Increase the good; no-one is in a position to claim moral purity. What country has ever been moved primarily by charity? The US only entered WW2 late, when it was threatened. (again, not necessarily a good thing).
Of course, pretty much everyone would like SH gone, but not at the price of thousands of lives.
Saddam Hussein and Osama BL despise one another.

[Edited by sasca]
01-24-03 12:29 PM
gypsy Hmmm. You know too much!
01-24-03 01:01 PM
Dandelion* Good points sasca. I may add - if the US insists on going into Iraq - they (we) should also insist at the same time that Israel gets out of the occupied territories or else we're cutting off the billions in financial aid that allows them to exist. I bet we'd be cut a lot of slack worldwide... Much US foriegn policy has been insanely tunnel visioned and arrogent, in turn inciting the same from others.
01-24-03 01:08 PM
Maxlugar And still Billy Preston points, rather sassily, at what is being said.

I love Billy.

Tonight I scan, my love.

I scan with the wind!

So that you may have an outrageous avatar.

MACKY!
01-24-03 01:13 PM
jb We'll get out as soon as fuck-head Muslims stop blowing up kids in pizza parlors....and if you think we will make friends abadoning our only real allie in the mid-east, you naivety is quite apparent.

[Edited by jb]
01-24-03 01:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot NO MAX!

Don't make me come up there!
01-24-03 01:14 PM
Dandelion* Thank you my Maxy! Scan many many pics so that I can make it move... so it will move you all!
01-24-03 01:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Maxy.

Don't make me invoke C10 rights.

This is serious. She wants to pollute our air. Don't let her do it.
01-24-03 01:20 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
jb wrote:
We'll get out as soon as fuck-head Muslims stop blowing up kids in pizza parlors....and if you think we will make friends abadoning our only real ally in the mid-east, you naivety is quite apparent.

[Edited by jb]

You know how much I respect you Josh - but this is somewhere we must disagree. Those pizza parlors were built on stolen land, and those people are fighting a war for their homeland. If we realized that and acted like we did then perhaps we'd have more real allies in the mid-east and the fundamentalist mass mental illness would not have spread - oppressing the populations it's containing. I've said it before - Israel should have been set up in Germany...
01-24-03 01:24 PM
Maxlugar Billy Preston never stole no land, that's for sure!
01-24-03 01:24 PM
Riffhard The US only used nukes as a last resort. The only other option was a full scale invasion of the Japanese mainland Hirohito had all of his civilians pledge "A fight to the death". Had the US opted for the invation plan,which was already in the final stages,many thousands more would have died. Both Japanese and Americans.

We have never threatened others with are weapons as a form of terror. That is all Saddam has ever done! To the point of killing over 50,000 Kurds with chemical weapons! Yet Europe still sees us as the evil ones at play here! Unbefuckinglievable!!!

Here's some amusing news for you. Today Saddam's oldest son Uday made a speech in which he said that if the US attacked Iraq that the events of Sept. 11 2001 would look like a joke. He then threatened to gas all US troops in the region! Remember Iraq insists they have none of these weapons! They are all liars and tyrannts and for the sake of global security they must be delt with before they get nukes not after!! Wake the Fuck up!!!

Riffhard
01-24-03 01:27 PM
jb It's amazing how that tiny, little, Jew-filled country managed to take Saddam's nuclear reactor out over 20 years ago....no good deed goes unpunished. But you know, Israel is what keeps these Arab dictators in business and is a convenient scapegoat for the entire world's problems....yeah, Germany would have been great...they really no how to treat us!!!!...Nothing like a good bar of soap or lampshade..
[Edited by jb]
01-24-03 01:31 PM
Maxlugar Riffy,

I don't bother with politics on this board anymore. I just POOP.

Don't let them drag you in!

But there is a site out there that can use a man like you.

HERE!

http://www.dushkin.com/discussions/wp/index.html

Lively, entertaining, provocative, stimulating debate going on at that place.

SEE YA THERE!!

Macky!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST