ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stapp is Drunk Again (nsc) Return to archive
February 14th, 2006 05:49 AM
UGot2Rollme Scott Stapp Gets Married, Arrested

02/13/2006 11:23 AM, E! Online

For Scott Stapp, the honeymoon was over before it even began.

Hours after the former Creed frontman tied the knot with beauty queen Jaclyn Nesheiwat in Miami on Friday, the rocker was rung up for public intoxication in Los Angeles.

Stapp, en route to his Hawaiian honeymoon, was stopped from boarding a plane at Los Angeles International Airport Saturday after airline personnel deemed the rocker "antagonistic" and "boisterous."

A spokesman for the airport police, Lieutenant Tyrone Stallings, said the rocker was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in a public place and taken to the Van Nuys station for processing.

According to TMZ.com, which first reported the incident, Stapp demanded a blood-alcohol test at the station, where he registered a 0.18--twice the legal limit.

February 14th, 2006 07:27 AM
lotsajizz Stapp is an asshole...but he is battling the biggest demon of them all....maybe that's why he's been an asshole

February 14th, 2006 09:12 AM
corgi37 A HAS-BEEN asshole. I bet Gwen Stafani's hubby feels the same.
February 14th, 2006 09:22 AM
nanatod "I bet Gwen Stafani's hubby feels the same."

There is no comparison between Gavin Rossdale of Bush and Creed. Bush has a couple of catchy tunes.

Creed is just wretched, and the very heavy religious undertones make Creed unlistenable. A band like Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons, who don't sacrifice listenability and tunefulness for message, show how what Creed has done could have been done right. But the public has eagerly bought Stapp's roaring and Joseph remains an unknown.
February 14th, 2006 10:16 AM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"I bet Gwen Stafani's hubby feels the same."

There is no comparison between Gavin Rossdale of Bush and Creed. Bush has a couple of catchy tunes.

Creed is just wretched, and the very heavy religious undertones make Creed unlistenable. A band like Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons, who don't sacrifice listenability and tunefulness for message, show how what Creed has done could have been done right. But the public has eagerly bought Stapp's roaring and Joseph remains an unknown.

Wha-wha-what???!!!

Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons are one of my favorite bands and I don't like seeing them in a discussion about Creed!! I don't see what in the world JJJ has to do with Creed. What do they do that Creed tried to do?

Jerry isn't a born again christian and he has more intelligence in his pinky than Stapp has in his gigantic hideous chin. haha, that made no sense but I had to make a chin comment.

Anyway, I see that you obviously like JJJ, but I don't see where the comparison lies.
February 14th, 2006 10:59 AM
nanatod Candace, I saw Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons late one Sunday night where I had to work early the next morning. I did not have high expectations for JJJ, but the trio blew me away. I see about one hundred live musical acts each year; the JJJ show was one of the ten best shows I've ever seen.

My comments were that there seemed to be a light religiousity to Jerry Joseph's lyrics that reminded me of black gospel acts I've seen, like the Canton Spirituals. Until you mentioned it, I did not know that JJ was not a born again Christian, as he could outsing and outplay the Winans.

On the other hand, there is no excuse for Creed and Scott Stapp's yelling about his own prison.
February 14th, 2006 11:05 AM
FPM C10 I turn around for TWO SECONDS and find you brawling in the Scott Stapp thread!

Jeesh!

BTW, I wonder if everyone knows who played keyboards on one of Jerry's albums....

February 14th, 2006 11:11 AM
Candace Youngblood That's cool--where did you see them?

I am actually guessing when I say that Jerry's not a born again, although I am pretty confident in that guess. I am familiar with most of his lyrics and while they contain a large degree of spirituality, it is more about redemption through sex and stuff like that!

He used to have a band in the eighties called Little Women, which was a reggae band and he was strung out on heroin. That caused the demise of the band and he cleaned up his act and started the Jackmormons. I think his battle with drugs affected his songwriting tremendously and also gives it that "preaching" affect. Like--"he's been there and he knows how it is so listen up" type of thing. But you're right--he does it well. His voice is so powerful and his guitar playing, while quite noodly--can have the same effect. Plus Junior and Brad are a great rythym section.

I spent an entire weekend seeing these guys in the middle of nowhere in backwoods, PA. They did 4 very long sets and it made me a lifelong fan. I try to see them whenever they come around, but they seem to be a mostly west coast thing.

And did you know Ol' Chuck Leavell plays on one of their studio albums? Ha--maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that!!
Their studio efforts are nothing compared to live.
February 14th, 2006 11:12 AM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I turn around for TWO SECONDS and find you brawling in the Scott Stapp thread!

Jeesh!

BTW, I wonder if everyone knows who played keyboards on one of Jerry's albums....

Ah shit, you beat me to it.

Yeah, yeah. I think Coliseum is a fucking great song. Chuck and all!
February 14th, 2006 11:13 AM
nanatod "where did you see them?"

Boulevard Cafe, Chicago (Logan Square neighborhood, 4 miles northwest of downtown).
February 14th, 2006 03:49 PM
Break The Spell Ol' Stapp boy gets drunk and arrested on purpose cuz its the only way he can get in the news, it sure as hell isn't for his music!! Even Eddie Vedder is scared that Stapp sounds more like Vedder than Eddie himself does!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)