ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 played "She's a Rainbow" in Monterrey yesterday! Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 13th, 2006 08:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL they played a small portion of "She's a Rainbow" in Monterrey yesterday according to Leteyer at http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4138
February 13th, 2006 09:04 AM
Jumacfly Bastards!!!
Twats!!
February 13th, 2006 09:14 AM
gimmekeef The Stones should do a tribute to Bono...to the music of She's A Rainbow...only change the words to "He's An Asshole"
February 13th, 2006 09:18 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The Stones should do a tribute to Bono...to the music of She's A Rainbow...only change the words to "He's An Asshole"

that would be great for sure!!
but you know Bono and Jagger are good pals..
February 13th, 2006 09:59 AM
Tom From http://www.u2tours.com/

U2 opens the 4th leg of its Vertigo Tour in Monterrey, the band's first show in Mexico since 1997. At the start of I Still Haven't Found..., Bono apologizes for being gone so long. Beautiful Day includes a bit of the Rolling Stones' 'She's a Rainbow.' Bad ends with Bono singing a bit of a traditional Mexican song. Before the show, police seize counterfeit merchandise outside the stadum, leading to a confrontation with merchants. One officer shoots his gun into the air to maintain control of the situation.

[Edited by Tom]
February 13th, 2006 10:04 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL they played a small portion of "She's a Rainbow" in Monterrey yesterday according to Leteyer at http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4138

humiliating...I only hope U2 tribute bands do not begin doing this now!
February 13th, 2006 10:29 AM
Gazza look on the bright side...the 2nd biggest band in the world have become a tribute band for the biggest band in the world

"We" win!

(theyve actually done this before...I think they used to do 'Ruby Tuesday' in the middle of 'Bad' many years ago...in fact they may even have done it at Live Aid or some other major event)
February 13th, 2006 11:41 AM
Paranoid_Android U2 has been doing this for years...bit/pieces of other artist songs intertwined w/ theirs...this Vertigo tour featured ALOT of Beatles/Lennon w/ speradic Stones and Stevie Wonder
February 13th, 2006 12:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
look on the bright side...the 2nd biggest band in the world have become a tribute band for the biggest band in the world

"We" win!

(theyve actually done this before...I think they used to do 'Ruby Tuesday' in the middle of 'Bad' many years ago...in fact they may even have done it at Live Aid or some other major event)

We win again.....as long as MIck doesnt start covering "Sunday Bloody Sunday"!

I have heard them insert Paint it Black before as well. dreadful!

Anyone remember that cover of Sympathy for the Devil by Jane's Addiction? That was some good stuff!
February 13th, 2006 12:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, it's not new. As posted in the the Spanish board, they use to insert covers in between their songs, i.e. "Bad" as for Stones covers thay have played portions of SFTD, Fool to Cry, Ruby Tuesday and She's a Rainbow, probably more
February 13th, 2006 12:32 PM
keefkid
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The Stones should do a tribute to Bono...to the music of She's A Rainbow...only change the words to "He's An Asshole"

geez why all the hate people, u2 is ok .. yea they are all over the fucking place anymore and Stones deserved the grammy more but i dont get all the negative nasty shit directed at them and at McCartney around here... the musicians themselves all respect each other, wtf cant the fans show the same respect whether they like the music or not ....

February 13th, 2006 01:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefkid wrote:

geez why all the hate people, u2 is ok .. yea they are all over the fucking place anymore and Stones deserved the grammy more but i dont get all the negative nasty shit directed at them and at McCartney around here... the musicians themselves all respect each other, wtf cant the fans show the same respect whether they like the music or not ....

Those performers havent earned my respect and probably won't (Macca had mine until he tried putting his name in front of Lennon's, after that, it became glaringly obvious what kind of a person he is).

U2, particularly Bono, is not ok, as he continually uses other's suffering for his own agenda, thus deserves zero respect.
February 13th, 2006 02:24 PM
Break The Spell I also heard when they did a version of "Sympathy For The Devil", never has that song sounded so wimpy than when they attempted it.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
February 13th, 2006 02:29 PM
keefkid
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

U2, particularly Bono, is not ok, as he continually uses other's suffering for his own agenda, thus deserves zero respect.

i thought his own agenda is other peoples suffering...
February 13th, 2006 02:30 PM
keefkid when and how has bono used other peoples suffering to promote his band in anyway??? just because the media has latched on to him as the next great salvation of mankind is not reallly his fault if you ask me ...
February 13th, 2006 02:40 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

As opposed to the Glimmer Twins oh so altruistic agenda? Man, the BS piles up so fast here you need wings to stay above it.....

February 13th, 2006 03:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
keefkid wrote:
when and how has bono used other peoples suffering to promote his band in anyway??? just because the media has latched on to him as the next great salvation of mankind is not reallly his fault if you ask me ...

See Live 8....clearly an attempt on behalf of Bono to take a charitable event and use it to pimp himself out. He works the media like a finely tuned viola, and yes that is partially the media's fault. Recent reports from "The Edge" show that he sees this too and is growing quite tired of it.

From here on out, I shall only greet those who prefer the Stones to u2/macca!
February 13th, 2006 03:11 PM
Break The Spell I don't think the edge has taken Bono serious since 1989, but hey its a good paycheck so what the hell...
February 13th, 2006 03:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I don't think the edge has taken Bono serious since 1989, but hey its a good paycheck so what the hell...

you are very wise!
February 13th, 2006 03:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are very wise!

Thank you, it may be wisdom, it may be admiting the obvious. What I think is funny is Bono is just one letter away from Bozo.
February 13th, 2006 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Thank you, it may be wisdom, it may be admiting the obvious. What I think is funny is Bono is just one letter away from Bozo.

sadly, there are only a few, such as you and myself...who truly "get it"
February 13th, 2006 03:22 PM
Break The Spell Hopefully when the history of rock is viewed centuries from now, and the late 20th / early 21st is studied, people will judge it more on the musical merits rather than the sideshow carnival / save everything psuedo-political campaign that U2 and their type run.
February 13th, 2006 03:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Hopefully when the history of rock is viewed centuries from now, and the late 20th / early 21st is studied, people will judge it more on the musical merits rather than the sideshow carnival / save everything psuedo-political campaign that U2 and their type run.

we can only hope.
February 13th, 2006 03:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

you could also make the same argument that 'Mick' is just one letter away from 'Dick'
February 13th, 2006 03:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

you could also make the same argument that 'Mick' is just one letter away from 'Dick'

In an episode of "Married....with Children" Al successfully pointed out that his name was one letter away from Bunny....fantastic stuff!
February 13th, 2006 03:44 PM
Gazza Half of the names of band members of the Rolling Stones (namely Charlie and Woody) are also euphemisms for 'penis' !

and 'Richard' when shortened is...oh never mind!
[Edited by Gazza]
February 13th, 2006 04:01 PM
gimmekeef Thats why they've been Cocks of the Walk..for 40 plus years!!!
February 13th, 2006 04:06 PM
Gazza LOL...exactly!

Cock-rock by name and by nature!
[Edited by Gazza]
February 13th, 2006 04:37 PM
Prodigal Son "Hello hello, we're in a place called Vertigo... She comes in colours everywhere, she combs her hair... Hold on a minute people. I think there's a deeper message in this song and I'd like to sing it to ya...

Chorus 1: My name's Bono and I'm aware, I have strange hair
Please donate money, donate to the third world now,
i'll tell you how, please donate mo-o-o-oney.

Starving, suffering round the globe,
we make profits from the show, just 300 bucks a seat
let me be a twat and preach, let's give Africa our billions

Chorus 2: My name's Bono and I'm aware, the Grammys care
About my music, Everybody has to spend, and the UN
They think I'm Gha-a-a-an-di.

Have you pledged to UNICEF? Sit up off yer arse and get
A sense of humanity, just cause the camera loves me
And not you don't mean you're useless

Chorus 3: My name is Bono and I'm aware, we can't compare
To the rolling stones, so we suck up anyway
The press will say, Mick Jagger's old and si-i-lly

We must pester Mr Bush, Stones fans think I'm such a wuss
But they all must bow to me, listen to the Joshua Tree
Instead of Exile on Main street

Chorus 4: My name is Bono and Im aware, the world ain't fair
It's not a rainbow, but if my missions succeed
We'll all be free, of poverty-y-y-y-y

Chorus 5: My name is Bono so don't stare, aren't you aware
U2's the greatest, rock n' roll band in history
And we're copied, by bands like Co-o-ol-old-play.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
February 13th, 2006 06:27 PM
Soldatti Why the hell they play Vertigo twice?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)