ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Coming to a Theatre Near You Return to archive
February 12th, 2006 01:21 AM
Brainbell Jangler As I was walking into the theatre this afternoon with my kids to see "Curious George," who do you suppose I saw on the screen? It was the ROLLING STONES. The promo was in progress, but apparently they are going to screen a concert (Rio, I believe) in selected theatres nationwide on Feb. 28 at 7:30 p.m. (your local time). I neglected to write down the website for ticket orders. I suppose these are the "theatre shows" Michael Cohl promised us.
February 12th, 2006 11:50 AM
Phog Thanks for the heads-up. Just got tix to the KC showing.

www.bigscreenconcerts.com if anyone is interested.
February 12th, 2006 12:23 PM
mac_daddy following phog's lead ->

click the image for more info and to search for tix...

February 12th, 2006 12:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL didn't notice it was not posted here and I posted at our forum in Spanish yesterday http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4122 the curious thing is that I got the news via a regular here (Charlotte) so I thought it was posted already

Lucky bastards!

So the stones give a free concert and will get paid for the local live broadcast on TV, the live broadcast of audio on the net, the DVD that is going to be released and then 10 days later this one!!
February 12th, 2006 12:56 PM
RollingstonesUSA I will be there to see it!
February 13th, 2006 12:31 PM
FPM C10 Me too...I just called about it. Tickets are only $12.50!

I saw Phish's final show at the theater like this. It was pretty cool. I can't wait!
February 13th, 2006 12:42 PM
Candace Youngblood Yeah, we actually saw the tour opener AND the last show in the theatre. Remember?

It was cool to have the best seats for the show without actually being there. The Phish shows had great camera angles and I thought it was done very well. Let's hope the Stones will be the same way.
February 13th, 2006 01:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Yeah, we actually saw the tour opener AND the last show in the theatre. Remember?

Oh, I remember...just didn't want to completely "out" myself.

The opener (in Brooklyn) was actually way better.
February 13th, 2006 02:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Flea!

I'm taking the family to see this...you guys wanna eat somewhere before the show? Also, if you want, I can stop and pick up M. and bring him with....lemme know.

Yeah, I know it's a school night...but it's the STONES man. That's a good excuse for stayin' up an extra hour or so on a school night isn't it?

AND it's only $12.50 a tickey! Hell, I can take the whole family for less than half of what ONE of my cheepy Hershey tix was!

I signed up for the schedule for these theatre concerts...what a great idea this is. Wish I had thought of it. Remember what a great time we had when we went to the Stones at the Max? Yeah, neither do I. LOL!!!
February 13th, 2006 02:17 PM
Candace Youngblood I'm confused...is this being shown live or 10 days after the concert?

Maybe I misunderstood.

February 13th, 2006 02:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
I'm confused...is this being shown live or 10 days after the concert?

Maybe I misunderstood.

10days after

I am going to the Chicago showing (Lincolnshire theatres) and will be available to greet on a limited basis at the Cubby Bear North approximately 1.6 hours before the start of the movie. Please PM me if you would like to meet up before hand.
February 13th, 2006 02:23 PM
gimmekeef Pug...I assumed you would be at MSG in NYC for the Westminster Dog Show...my sources tell me a Pug may be best in show!
February 13th, 2006 02:31 PM
Candace Youngblood I am disappointed. I thought it was going to be live. Phish did theirs live. So did Prince, didn't he?
February 13th, 2006 02:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I think the Prince thing was live...

I don't know why they aren't doing this live. Doesn't bother me that much. Works out better for me actually...I'm off on the 28th, and I gotta work on the 18th.

Only 10 days to do overdubs..cutting it close no?
February 13th, 2006 04:05 PM
gimmekeef I think theaters would be less inclined to do this on this Saturday night their biggest gross night versus Tuesday the 28th which no doubt will be a slower night...Cohl likely got a better deal too..lmao...(but its all about the dubs babay!)
February 13th, 2006 04:11 PM
Gazza I guess this is the nearest thing you're getting to a PPV in the US this tour, then (didnt they do this with Hampton '81 as well?)

Closed-circuit on the big screen sounds good, although its harder to tape than it would be off your TV!

Bit anti-climactic that its not "live", but sounds like a fun night out

looks like we'll be relying on our friends from South America (I believe its available in Argentina too?) to tape this one so we can get it quickly
February 13th, 2006 04:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Pug...I assumed you would be at MSG in NYC for the Westminster Dog Show...my sources tell me a Pug may be best in show!

We will be watching this week! (the wife loves these things and the dogs bark/dance at the screen).

We will be hoping that the poodle doesnt hump the judges leg and bribe its way to the title in the "toy group"
February 13th, 2006 04:26 PM
Jumping Jack How much overdubbing can be done in 10 days?
February 13th, 2006 04:28 PM
Dan The closest theatres to Burbank are either Alhambra or Valencia. Cant believe they arent doing it any place more centrally located. Still gonna give it a shot though.
February 13th, 2006 04:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

10days after

I am going to the Chicago showing (Lincolnshire theatres) and will be available to greet on a limited basis at the Cubby Bear North approximately 1.6 hours before the start of the movie. Please PM me if you would like to meet up before hand.

I am going to the Harrisburg showing and will be in a bar across the street from wherever everyone else is meeting! I will greet only Democrats, Green Party, Libertarians, Librarians, Communists and Independents.

Pug - have you seen Best In Show? It's the Spinal Tap of Dog Shows!!!
February 13th, 2006 04:37 PM
Gimme Shelter The wife and I will be going
February 13th, 2006 04:46 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
How much overdubbing can be done in 10 days?

If they play like Atlanta..none will be needed!..JJ?? Have we got a preparty spot picked yet?..Or is a scouting tour on the agenda?
February 13th, 2006 05:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I am going to the Harrisburg showing and will be in a bar across the street from wherever everyone else is meeting! I will greet only Democrats, Green Party, Libertarians, Librarians, Communists and Independents.

Pug - have you seen Best In Show? It's the Spinal Tap of Dog Shows!!!

that was funny...did you see the pug humping the leg???
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)