ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Week To Copacabana! Return to archive
February 11th, 2006 01:09 PM
Bruno Stone I'm very very excited... This will be THE show of the tour.

What you think, Brazillian rocks offers?
[Edited by Bruno Stone]
February 11th, 2006 01:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm not Brazilian but I think I made a mistake in my itinerart and it's late to add a stop in between Buenos Aires!

You rock Bruno, show the world how the Latin Americans rock!
February 11th, 2006 04:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Are they getting excited in Rio yet????
February 11th, 2006 04:33 PM
lotsajizz I leave on Thursday and will try to get a report in!

February 11th, 2006 04:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I leave on Thursday and will try to get a report in!

LUCKY FUCK!
Safe traveling to you and you will report in. Or a review after....lol....
February 11th, 2006 06:22 PM
Gazza is it live on TV there? Hope someone's recording it
February 11th, 2006 06:26 PM
Bruno Stone I'll be there Thursday too. Straight to the beach. It will be my Woodstock.
February 11th, 2006 07:05 PM
stonzed after watchin voodoo rio they do rock in south america
February 11th, 2006 07:12 PM
lotsajizz triple the size of Woodstock!! with hotter women!!

and chourico!!

February 11th, 2006 07:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I leave on Thursday and will try to get a report in!

didnt realise you were going, Sean. Hope you have a great trip
February 11th, 2006 08:08 PM
lotsajizz thankee, thankee

I can stumble by in Portugese but usually get lucky finding people understanding English...a lot of South Americans I've met speak 2 or more languages....Americans are poorly taught as far as other languages

I've been to Rio before, so I think I can handle this...but I will NOT have the same confort level I had in Canada!
I know, I'm an American wimp....I won't even puff a joint in public there!

February 11th, 2006 09:36 PM
Nellcote Jizz, does your cell work in SA?
Have you checked your email or pm lately?
February 11th, 2006 10:18 PM
lonecrapshooter LONE CRAP is attending.

[Edited by lonecrapshooter]
February 11th, 2006 11:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
LONE CRAP is attending.

YOU LUCKY, LUCKY BASTARD!
February 11th, 2006 11:23 PM
gorda I wish I was going to Brazil! I have always wanted to go to Brazil!

But, unfortunately, I can't go I have to work.

Although, I could call in sick, jump on a plane . . .

No, I can't. Oh, well.

Those of you going, have fun!
February 11th, 2006 11:32 PM
Gazza
The Sunday Times February 12, 2006

Stones rock Rio with gig for 2m fans

THE Rolling Stones will be making a new kind of record this week when they rock Rio de Janeiro with the largest pop concert the world has ever seen, writes Maurice Chittenden.
The Brazilian authorities predict that when the band hit the stage decorated with a 45ft-high motif of palm leaves, there will be 1.5m people stretching two miles down the golden sands of Copacabana beach.

The Stones predict that they could attract as many as 2m people to the free concert on Saturday, which marks the halfway point in their Bigger Bang world tour — already the largest grossing tour in history, having made £93m in North America last year, when the band played to a total of 1.2m people at 42 dates.

The concert is 10 days before the official start of carnival, which marks the beginning of Lent, but by last night 97% of Rio’s 85,000 hotel rooms and holiday apartments had already been booked. The normal occupancy rate for this time of year is 70%.

Up to 10,000 police will be on duty with 3,000 of them policing the beach area. The organisers have hired another 900 private security guards. There are fears that gangs of children from the favelas, Rio’s shanty towns, could rush through the crowd stealing bags and wallets.

A similar gig last March by Lenny Kravitz, the American rock star, drew about 1m people to the same beach. The Stones are spending £1m on staging the gig and may recoup £10m from sales of the DVD. The Rio authorities are contributing £500,000, aware of the concert’s boost to tourism.

A footbridge is being built across the beachfront road at a cost of £250,000 so the Stones can walk from the hotel to their backstage dressing rooms. Kravitz warned them that it took him two hours to drive through the crowds.

Sir Mick Jagger is thought to have a personal reason for choosing Rio to show off the band’s prowess after 42 years together. It will be the first time that his son Lucas, 7, whose mother is Luciana Gimenez Morad, 36, a Brazilian model and television presenter, will see “daddy” at work. Lucas, the youngest of Jagger’s seven children, will stay in a suite with its own pool at the Copacabana Palace hotel. He will be joined by Elizabeth and James Jagger, the oldest of the singer’s four children with Jerry Hall.

Additional reporting: Tom Hennigan

February 12th, 2006 06:23 AM
J.J.Flash Would anybody of you believe if I SAY THAT I AIN'T GOING?!?!?

Something really fucked up happened to me and I can't believe that even this single lousy scheduled gig for Brazil I'm being forced to miss.....

I know I know I am fucker, I know I don't deserve anything anymore.... all my complaints, it's like a nightmare to me....... I don't know what can I do......

Sorry, I think that if I really miss them, I'm sure I will start considering the TRANSITION.....

Something fucked up..... I'm fucked up..... now, the tour is a BUST, I'm a BUST....

[Edited by Fausto Sarkis Mira (DEVASTATED) ]
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
February 12th, 2006 06:38 AM
Bruno Stone "Up to 10,000 police will be on duty with 3,000 of them policing the beach area. The organisers have hired another 900 private security guards".

I hope them to be very fucking professional and have eyes in their backs.
February 12th, 2006 10:42 AM
bon jovi I've heard rumours that Barry Manilow will join the Rolling Stones on the Rio show for a cover of one of his best known hits.
February 12th, 2006 10:46 AM
Gazza yes, he'll be singing "Mandy" as a duet with an additional guest - Bill Wyman
February 12th, 2006 09:37 PM
tumbling dice I´m very excited and a bit nervous about the concert.It will be very different from the other shows .It´s free ,on the beach in a beaultiful city.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)