ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: does anyone know the story behind this? Return to archive
February 11th, 2006 01:15 AM
prodigalson why did the kid go onstage...and how come riffy nailed him?

http://youtube.com/w/Don%27t-fuck-with-Keith-Richards?v=bTWY35TybOA&search=rolling%20stones
February 11th, 2006 02:49 AM
CraigP "The Kid" attempted to attack Keith. He was probably a crazed, over-obsessed and jealous fan. In a somewhat recent interview, Keith stated that he bailed (the kid) out of jail and that he and still owes him $50. (I'm not exactly sure what Keith said the price was, so I said $50 for the hell of it.)

I put this video on my myspace.com page because I find it hilarious.
February 11th, 2006 03:04 AM
pdog Kids lucky Keith didn't hurt him really bad... Keep in mind, this wasn't too long after Lennon had been shot... Kid should been skulled, I would've hit him like a fastball down the middle....
Keith showed restraint... Never knew he paid the kids bail... Proof, once again, how fucking cool Keith is...
February 11th, 2006 04:22 AM
prodigalson haha oh man he really got him. Geez i mean im sure the kid didnt want to mean him harm...but riffy nailed him good. wow. that was a neat video.
February 11th, 2006 07:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
... Never knew he paid the kids bail... Proof, once again, how fucking cool Keith is...

He should have left the Kid right in there. The Kid would have a made someone a great cabin boy.
February 11th, 2006 12:43 PM
Shawn20 On that same 1981 tour a young man jumped onto the stage in the New Orleans Superdome. He was grabbed quickly by security and flung to the floor where the police arrested him. Lennon was killed on December 8, 1980 and this show took place on December 5, 1981.
February 11th, 2006 07:43 PM
mrhipfl Was this clip by any chance in the "Let's spend the night together" movie?
February 11th, 2006 09:39 PM
Gazza The keith hitting the guy with the guitar one?

No..its from the Hampton live telecast from 18th December 1981 (the "Lets Spend the Night Together" movie was filmed at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe,Az on 13th December and at the Meadowlands Arena (now CAA) in East Rutherford, NJ on 5th & 6th November)

The clip was also shown on "Video Rewind" and (I think) on "25 x 5"..and has been shown on TV numerous times
February 12th, 2006 05:10 PM
Stray Cat UK 2 kids got up onstage during the encore at Manchester MEM 5th Sept 2003.

Mick ran to the furthest end of the stage and Keith just laughed at them attempting to "pogo" to JJF !

February 13th, 2006 09:59 AM
keefkid
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The keith hitting the guy with the guitar one?

No..its from the Hampton live telecast from 18th December 1981 (the "Lets Spend the Night Together" movie was filmed at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe,Az on 13th December and at the Meadowlands Arena (now CAA) in East Rutherford, NJ on 5th & 6th November)

The clip was also shown on "Video Rewind" and (I think) on "25 x 5"..and has been shown on TV numerous times

FYI - This clip is not on 25 x 5 but I wish it was .... dont fuck with keef, haaaaaaaaa luv it - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEEF!!
February 13th, 2006 10:03 AM
keefkid
quote:
prodigalson wrote:
why did the kid go onstage...and how come riffy nailed him?

http://youtube.com/w/Don%27t-fuck-with-Keith-Richards?v=bTWY35TybOA&search=rolling%20stones

why did he nail him???

ahhhhh becuz he was ON KEEF'S TURF of course....

February 13th, 2006 10:03 AM
FotiniD
quote:
keefkid wrote:

FYI - This clip is not on 25 x 5 but I wish it was .... dont fuck with keef, haaaaaaaaa luv it - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEEF!!

Hmmm, I get the distinct impression it really was on 25X5 and there's Keith commenting on it while it shows, the famous "It may be a fan, it may be a nutter... I'm gonna chop the nutter down" or something in the likes of that...
[Edited by FotiniD]
February 13th, 2006 10:04 AM
Gazza It isnt? ok..its been ages since I watched that

I remember seeing keith being interviewed about the incident on TV a few years ago (presumed it was 25 x 5) and describing it along the lines of "he was on my turf. He might have a knife..what am I supposed to do..? So..I chopped the mother down!"
February 13th, 2006 10:04 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It isnt? ok..its been ages since I watched that

I remember seeing keith being interviewed about the incident on TV a few years ago (presumed it was 25 x 5) and describing it along the lines of "he was on my turf. He might have a knife..what am I supposed to do..? So..I chopped the mother down!"

Yep, that was "mother", not "nutter" like I said
But yes, I'm 99% sure it's on 25X5.
February 13th, 2006 10:59 AM
keefkid
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Yep, that was "mother", not "nutter" like I said
But yes, I'm 99% sure it's on 25X5.

i'll watch it again tonite but i dont think so... he may talk about it but i dont remember that clip ... but very possible i am completely WRONG haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
February 13th, 2006 01:01 PM
Stones This clip is on Video Rewind
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)