ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joe Perry Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 12th, 2006 01:08 AM
MrPleasant I was deunk; now I'm still deunk. Why aren't all these deunkish people dead. Oh, yeah, I forgot: I'm dead.
February 12th, 2006 05:40 AM
corgi37 The only ever cool thing about Perry was those pants that looked like cow hide.
February 12th, 2006 08:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
AEROSMITH: New Audio Interview With JOE PERRY
Posted Online - Feb. 11, 2006

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

A brand-new audio interview with AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry, conducted on February 7, 2006 by the California radio station 107.7 The Bone, has been made available for download at this location.

In related news, AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton recently told Washington's The News Tribune that the group will soon begin work on the follow-up to the band's last original studio album, 2001's "Just Push Play".

"We've been talking about it a lot," Hamilton said. "We don't actually have material that we've been working on recently. But we do have a lot of stuff we've had for a long time that we've really wanted to finish. We've got a lot of cool stuff that's been laying in wait.

"We're not at a point where we’re saying, 'OK, this is our deadline.' … We're not great at deadlines. But we're definitely in the mode. Everybody's thinkin' about it, you know. I'm sittin' here in my hotel room with my Mac and my keyboard. I'm always writin' riffs and stuff like that."

AEROSMITH plan to go into the studio sometime after the tour winds down in April. "We'll take a break and then see exactly what we wanna do," Hamilton told The News Tribune. "We're gonna be doing more touring, most likely, in the fall. At this point what we're gonna do is we’re gonna challenge ourselves to see how much of the record we can get done before that."

He hinted at a harder-edged sound. "We don't usually have a meeting or discussion about what kind of album we wanna to do. There are certain ways that we gravitate. And, you know, the band has a major appetite to do an AEROSMITH hard rock album. But it's always a fluid situation

February 12th, 2006 10:48 PM
gorda Aerosmith came to Northern California last weekend! Unfortunately, by the time, I found out about the show, it was sold-out! I'm so pissed! Oh, well, I am disappointed, I would have liked to see them. They are a cool band!

P.S. I once saw Joe Perry on the Food Network channel, he was being interviewed by Rachel Ray, and he was promoting his hot sauce! Later on I went to his website and found out the hot sauce was super-expensive!

I'm sorry, Mr. Perry, but I think I will stick to my 99 cent bottle of Tapatío!
February 12th, 2006 10:49 PM
gorda
quote:
gorda wrote:
Aerosmith came to Northern California last weekend! Unfortunately, by the time, I found out about the show, it was sold-out! I'm so pissed! Oh, well, I am disappointed, I would have liked to see them. They are a cool band!

P.S. I once saw Joe Perry on the Food Network channel, he was being interviewed by Rachel Ray, and he was promoting his hot sauce! Later on I went to his website and found out the hot sauce was super-expensive!

I'm sorry, Mr. Perry, but I think I will stick to my 99 cent bottle of Tapatío!

Oh, and he also had this huge knife like Keith Richards'!!!

What is it with these guitarists? Why do they need a huge knife? You should have seen the look on poor Rachel Ray!!!
February 12th, 2006 11:59 PM
the good
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Ok

Now it goes without saying that the stones will always be better than Aerosmith. And it also goes without saying that Steve Tyler is just a Mick imitator, all be it with a slightly better voice.

WTF? Tyler has a better voice than Jagger? Surely you jest.
February 13th, 2006 01:31 AM
Starbuck i ahall now list the things i hate more than aerosmith:

1. the eagles
2. barbara bush's womb
3. chewing a small ball of tin foil
4. being locked in a closet with regis philbin or demon life
5. leg severed below the knee by a german 88
6. D list posters

there. that's about it.

aerosmith gives me cramps so bad my liver protrudes from my midriff. is there a worse band out there that doesn't contain a henley or a frey? i don't think so.

by even mentioning joe perry in the same breath as real men like jagger/richards, clapton, page and the like, you all....well....perhaps i will leave it to my good friend rodney king....take it away, rodney:
February 13th, 2006 01:31 AM
Rodney_King JOE PERRY SUCKS!

you aerosmith fans deserve a good beating!

[Edited by Rodney_King]
February 13th, 2006 06:28 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Shit

I didnt realise how much conversation this thread would cause. Im quite pleased.

I really cant understand how anybody can say that Ronnie is better than Joe Perry. And I mean AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME! Of course Ronnie could wail on the guitar in the 70s, no doubt, but the guy just dont bother anymore.

Like Sway said, he just stands there waving. Christ, even his own band dont want him playing on their records that much. Just look at ABB! Ronnie was REALLY influencial on that wasnt he?

I state again that I would like to have seen Perry in the Stones on a music basis and not any other reason. And yes, I do think Tyler has a better voice than Jagger. I base my opinion on the range of his vocals.

For those guys who DO like Aerosmith, I would reccomend "You Gotta Move" on dvd. Its very good.
February 13th, 2006 08:20 AM
parmeda Three pages to this thread already, and not one decent photo of Joe?

...what a let down. You guys are slackin'.
February 13th, 2006 09:19 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
February 13th, 2006 01:12 PM
parmeda Whoa!...

That's what I love about you guys...I can snap my fingers, and BAM!
(Very nice. Thanks, VS!)

February 13th, 2006 02:11 PM
gorda Wow!

I have never seen Joe Perry like that before!

Kind of hot actually.

Although, I'm still afraid of his huge knife!
[Edited by gorda]
February 13th, 2006 02:21 PM
voodoopug He looks like Tommy Lee's long lost, less tattoo'd brother
February 13th, 2006 02:49 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I last seen Aerosmith in 1994..I was young and thought they were good...thankfully, i have seen the light!

some light...the mindset of the Trotsykites here in hating and loathing every artist who is NOT the Stones shows a disturbing small-mindedness

U-2 rocks
Aerosmith rocks
so do the Beatles
so do the Stones

the latter more than the rest, but to deny the first three is just churlish

February 13th, 2006 03:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

some light...the mindset of the Trotsykites here in hating and loathing every artist who is NOT the Stones shows a disturbing small-mindedness

U-2 rocks
Aerosmith rocks
so do the Beatles
so do the Stones

the latter more than the rest, but to deny the first three is just churlish

I hate Aerosmith, The Beatles, and U2....I could care less if they all find a cure for cancer, while I would salute and give my overwhelming support towards their breakthrough in science, it would not make me like their music more. I enjoy listening to hundreds of other bands more than these hacks, and while some of the bands I enjoy are hackish at best, they have not whored themselves out like U2 or Macca, or provided too many dreadful power ballads like Aerosmith.

Sadly, neither this thread, nor its posters have the "stroke" to convince me otherwise.

I will discuss with my wife tonite if we should ban our children from listening to U2.
February 13th, 2006 03:17 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I will discuss with my wife tonite if we should ban our children from listening to U2.

Go for it! I think it would be funny if your kids ended up being rebellious U2 fans.
February 13th, 2006 03:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Go for it! I think it would be funny if your kids ended up being rebellious U2 fans.

I would probably swallow a lot of pain pills if this were to happen...I preach respect and discipline at my house and Bono is not in the plans
February 13th, 2006 03:23 PM
ebmp voodoopug, I´m just curious, have you ever listened to The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby?

More, do you think ONE is a bad song?
February 13th, 2006 03:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ebmp wrote:
voodoopug, I´m just curious, have you ever listened to The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby?

More, do you think ONE is a bad song?

Yes, I have listened to most of their catalog, and while there are some songs that are well written (I do like "Who's Gonna Ride Your WIld Horses"),their overall sound, and Bono's overall message does not appeal to me at all. They have fallen into the trap recently where their last two-three albums had dreadful lyrics and sounded far to similar to each other. At times the Stones are guilty of this as well, but they seem to always have several songs on an album that redifines their sound, not just recreating an old sound.

Lyrically, One is a pretty well written song, at times, particularly the intro to the song, I feel the song is musically "thin" and needs something added to it, but that is a downfall of a four piece band. Do I think it is a bad song, no. Playing it with Mary J Blidge was not a very good move as she took what feeling the song had left and flushed it.

To summerize, I hate U2 (and u2 tribute bands), but do not have such strong feelings for material up to the Rattle and Hum release.
February 13th, 2006 04:47 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Yes, I have listened to most of their catalog, and while there are some songs that are well written (I do like "Who's Gonna Ride Your WIld Horses"),their overall sound, and Bono's overall message does not appeal to me at all. They have fallen into the trap recently where their last two-three albums had dreadful lyrics and sounded far to similar to each other. At times the Stones are guilty of this as well, but they seem to always have several songs on an album that redifines their sound, not just recreating an old sound.

Lyrically, One is a pretty well written song, at times, particularly the intro to the song, I feel the song is musically "thin" and needs something added to it, but that is a downfall of a four piece band. Do I think it is a bad song, no. Playing it with Mary J Blidge was not a very good move as she took what feeling the song had left and flushed it.

To summerize, I hate U2 (and u2 tribute bands), but do not have such strong feelings for material up to the Rattle and Hum release.

Yeah, I don't really hate U2. They get on my nerves, though. Considering their post-Rattle & Hum work has gotten worse and worse with very few quality songs to speak of. Now they have this mushy, contemporary radio sound that is just a slap in the face to some of their best 80s work. Their 1983-88 period was their best. After it, they were a bunch of preachy song peddlers and before that a bunch of snot-nosed, semi-punkish Christian idealists that paled in comparison to most new wave bands and was only noteworthy for Edge's guitar sound.
February 13th, 2006 06:48 PM
Starbuck joe perry. look at the guy in that picture. he looks like a lipstick wearing, sheep humbing eskimo prostitute.

this is how a rock star was meant to look.

February 13th, 2006 07:06 PM
glencar A-smith had it at one point but they've lost it. Too much posing, not enough rocking!
February 13th, 2006 07:08 PM
Dan
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
joe perry. look at the guy in that picture. he looks like a lipstick wearing, sheep humbing eskimo prostitute.

this is how a rock star was meant to look.

Two types of Stones fans I've noticed, those who truly love the music and those who are fascinated with the image (which in turn has little or nothing to actually do with music).
February 13th, 2006 07:09 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
A-smith had it at one point but they've lost it. Too much posing, not enough rocking!

As far as creating new music goes, I agree they lost it. They are still top notch as a touring oldies act though.
February 13th, 2006 07:50 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
A-smith had it at one point but they've lost it. Too much posing, not enough rocking!

that was a phase

too long a one no doubt

but they're back

and they rock

OK now

Cazart!
February 13th, 2006 08:12 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

NO ONE. And I mean NO ONE. Is better at walking around and waving to the crowd as Ron Wood.

He has made it an art form.

and he is certainly "ammusing"

personally, I prefer guitarist that actually play their guitar. Guys that stand there and wail.

As much I love getting a wave from Ronnie, for me, its all about whats coming out of the amp.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Dude, your posts are cracking me up lately!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)