ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones VIP travel packages?? Return to archive
February 9th, 2006 05:28 PM
Saint Sway has anyone done one of these??

I was looking into their VIP Packages for Wembley. Wondering if they were good deal.

also, the package lists "double occupancy room" and "a ticket" in the 1st ten rows. Not "ticketS". I dont understand, if you are paying for 2 people to stay in the room why are they only giving you one ticket to the show?
February 9th, 2006 06:05 PM
Flairville If you pay for 2 people you get 2 tickets no problem.
I really wouldn't go for one of these packages the prices are a daylight robbery. The seats have a face value of £60 so the rest is spent on the hotel and the free gift crap. If you spend some time you could probably travel here, get a great seat and get more nights in a good hotel for a lo less than the package. If moneys no object go for it, if not don't.
February 10th, 2006 02:25 AM
tumblingdice01 I would agree they are relatively high, however, the seats you get are far, far better than the 60 pound seats available last week that were at the farthest sections from the middle. You would sit in the middle on either side of the catwalk in the first 10 rows, probably in the first 5.

I have done Tokyo, MSG and Chicago on Fan Asylum. The fans that you meet are out of this world, including others on this board. The arrangements are amazing, the hotels are 5 star, the seats are the best and you are treated extremely well. Is it worth 1500 - 1900 per person? Compared to the chances that you take on your own with everything my answer is yes. Others may disagree. But if you can afford it, I say go for it.
February 10th, 2006 04:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
tumblingdice01 wrote:
I would agree they are relatively high, however, the seats you get are far, far better than the 60 pound seats available last week that were at the farthest sections from the middle. You would sit in the middle on either side of the catwalk in the first 10 rows, probably in the first 5.

true, but those seats were also available on fan club pre-sales, if you're reasonably quick
February 10th, 2006 05:21 AM
Flairville I got Block A3 row 2 for Wembley 1 and Block A3 row 7 for Wembley 2 in the presale. £60 each. A3 is dead centre. £60 each translates to $104, so if you deduct $208 (2 tickets) from the $3,200 you're left with $2,992 on the hotel bill etc. Look around, keep trying TM.
February 10th, 2006 06:32 AM
Thumb59 We did it for Stockholm last and it was a blast.
But today you nearly pay as much for 2 nights one concerts as for a week in Stockholm and 3 concerts front row.
So the deal is much to much.
I have all bookings for Europe and decent seats or FOS
The whole week in England including tickets even 150£ once will be less than one of those packages.
February 10th, 2006 10:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
has anyone done one of these??

I was looking into their VIP Packages for Wembley. Wondering if they were good deal.

also, the package lists "double occupancy room" and "a ticket" in the 1st ten rows. Not "ticketS". I dont understand, if you are paying for 2 people to stay in the room why are they only giving you one ticket to the show?

you need to buy two packages to get this price, there is a higher price for buying just one...it is best to pair up with another fan, as long as you are willing to share the room with them. At those prices though, i would want my own room (unless of course it was my wife or kids coming with me)
February 11th, 2006 10:17 PM
monkeyman62 the pkgs from rs.com dont even cover airfare , thats ridiculous for that price
February 11th, 2006 11:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
the pkgs from rs.com dont even cover airfare , thats ridiculous for that price

still cheaper than many brokers are...this is a fantastic way for fans to get great seats and a great experience. In retrospective, these packages are not very expensive. If folks earn enough money to see the stones a few times each tour, this is easily affordable and with the proper planning and shopping, low cost airfare can always be found. THANK YOU YOUNG JAKE COHL for helping make dreams come true!
February 12th, 2006 10:39 AM
monkeyman62 no way man , for that price airfare should be included
without a doubt
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)