ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Grammy For Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 9th, 2006 08:55 AM
glencar Madonna did "Hung Up" and she showed her hot legs but it sounded like her voice was lip synched although allegedly the Grammys are all live, all the time. I taped it last night & just started watching. Stevie Wonder was horrid(sorry, it's true) & now John Legend is playing a ballad. I'm about to fall back asleep...
February 9th, 2006 09:00 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
riccardo wrote:
I don't know what you've been looking at,but I read the best Rock Album is ABB by the Stones,isn't that a Grammy?

'

What have YOU been looking at, lol
February 9th, 2006 09:15 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Madonna did "Hung Up" and she showed her hot legs but it sounded like her voice was lip synched although allegedly the Grammys are all live, all the time. I taped it last night & just started watching. Stevie Wonder was horrid(sorry, it's true) & now John Legend is playing a ballad. I'm about to fall back asleep...

Thanks Glencar. She usually sounds like crap live, although she was ok at Live 8. So if she didn't sound like crap, it was probably lip synched
February 9th, 2006 09:15 AM
glencar Ooh, this U2/Mary Blige version of "One" (a normally beautiful song) is sending the cat scurrying for cover.
February 9th, 2006 09:43 AM
glencar Wow, Macca really sucks.
February 9th, 2006 09:44 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, Macca really sucks.

I'm sure we're the only ones who think so.
February 9th, 2006 09:48 AM
glencar The crowd indeed loved him. But even they gave tepid laughter to his jokes.
February 9th, 2006 10:16 AM
gimmekeef The Grammys are so irrelevant...I keep waiting for them to give Milli Vanilli a Lifetime Achievement award!
February 9th, 2006 02:59 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Madonna did "Hung Up" and she showed her hot legs but it sounded like her voice was lip synched although allegedly the Grammys are all live, all the time. I taped it last night & just started watching. Stevie Wonder was horrid(sorry, it's true) & now John Legend is playing a ballad. I'm about to fall back asleep...

Hmmm, just saw the performance online through Yahoo, and I'm inclined to believe it was (mostly) live. Great song BTW. I love Madonna, ever since she was my idol back in '84, when I was just a little teenager.
February 9th, 2006 04:17 PM
Ihavelotsajam Apparently, the ratings weren't stellar for the Grammys. I thought they never were?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_en_tv/grammys_tv_ratings
February 9th, 2006 04:45 PM
glencar They just can't compete with "Idol" which featured better singers than Christina Aguilera. I love "A Song For You" but her version last night hurt my middle ear.
February 9th, 2006 04:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I actually wish I could have seen the Grammy's because of SLY STONE's appearance.<

Trust me, you did NOT want to see that. It was one of the most pathetic things during a most pathetic show. What happened there was just wrong. I don't blame Sly for walking off the stage. What the people on that stage were doing to his music was atrocious.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let STEVEN TYLER in on that? Let the Grammy house band play Sly songs, and let a bunch of crappy "R&B" warblers...who weren't even BORN when Sly was in his prime...and then add in that gawdawful Steven Tyler...who has about as much to do with FUNK as Shane MacGowan has to do with sobriety...and you have a prescription for a trainwreck. A trainwreck of the worst sort.

No I don't blame Sly one bit. I woulda turned my back on those fucknuts too ifn' they had been craptifying(heh heh, thanks for the idea Ms C.Y) my legacy.
February 9th, 2006 04:49 PM
glencar Excellent! I kind of chuckled when I saw he walked off. The most natural thing in the world for him to do at that point.
February 9th, 2006 05:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let STEVEN TYLER in on that? Let the Grammy house band play Sly songs, and let a bunch of crappy "R&B" warblers...who weren't even BORN when Sly was in his prime...

didnt you hear?

its a job requirement for whoever gets hired to produce any type of award ceremony.

Rather than allow someone with actual talent to perform solo in their own spotlight, the show's Producer MUST instead assemble a bunch of ass clowns onstage and make them run thru a medley of songs by said talented artist. Bonus money is then awarded to the shows Producer if he/she can include choreographed dancers onstage.

It sucks, because I know that last nights Producer worked really hard and did an amazing job of turning Sly's moment into a total circus-like showcase for the music industrys biggest turds. And I know at one point, he was getting huge pats on the back for getting Sir Paul onstage to have Jay Z give shout outs over "Yesterday". But I guarantee the shows Producer woke up this morning without a job JUST for letting Springsteen perform alone acoustically.

I guarantee some music biz heavyweights took him on a long ride out into the dessert and buried him alive for failing to turn that Springsteen song into a Wu Tang reunion with a Jessica Simpson cameo. The last words that poor sap probably heard as he was buried alive was "I told you I wanted P Diddy & Lil Kim to hit the stage riding elephants during Springsteen song YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!!! You'll NEVER work in this town AGAIN!!"
February 9th, 2006 07:02 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Apparently, the ratings weren't stellar for the Grammys. I thought they never were?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060209/ap_on_en_tv/grammys_tv_ratings

It's a high rating for such crap show.
February 9th, 2006 08:10 PM
texile
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Yes! I was so looking forward to seeing Sly. Then they did that awful "all-star" crapola with about 100 people on the stage for "I Wanna Take You Higher," and when Sly finally did come out, he looked awful and spent about a minute and a half onstage and then walked off before the song was even over! Steven Tyler actually shook his head in disbelief. I was hoping for a comeback from the man, but from the looks of things last night it ain't gonna happen.

I should know better than to expect anything good from the Grammies, but I was almost in tears after that one. Sly Stone is a god amongst men. Such a shame.

im glad i missed that spectacle -
the man is a god but he's pretty far gone...
i hate to see that - and i especially hate seeing all those wanna-bes up there basking in his light like they belong there.
February 9th, 2006 10:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
But most importantly: howe was Madonna live?????
Tell me, we couldn't see it over here...

She was very good...she keeps herself in fantastic shape as well!
February 9th, 2006 11:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot The song sucked, but she made me horny.

Maddy is still a hottie. Certainly sexier than those wannabe r&b warble voice dinkettes that think they are all that.
February 9th, 2006 11:20 PM
Bloozehound I don't watch awards shows because it's gay, but I think it's funny as hell that the Stones lost with their piece of shit album to U2's bigger piece of shit album

It's very telling about the state of affairs in the music biz today
February 10th, 2006 01:35 AM
Prodigal Son How long before Madonna begins looking like Mae West? I give her another 10 years as by then menopause will have taken complete effect. Anyways, I forgot about Bruce. He was tremendous as is the song "Devils and Dust." If the Grammys could give a whole show with performances like that and give real awards (let critics vote, at least they'll be accurate), I'd watch it. And I can tell others would too.

No one wants to watch that shit at the Grammys if they can see it at a trashy show like the AMA's or the Billboard, etc. That SHOULD the point of the Grammys: NOT to be like the American Music Awards or the People's Choice Awards or some lame-ass junk. Best grammys=Dylan taking home a few trophies and showing people what "cool" and "rock" really is, despite the presence of that flippin freak Soy Bomb (come on, I know Joey MUST have a photo of that momentous occurrence).
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
February 10th, 2006 04:22 AM
UGot2Rollme they replayed the Grammy's here in Europe last night, and I tuned in just in time to see the Sly Stone tribute. I actually didn't mind seeing Tyler/Perry up there as Joe was playing some hot licks. But, what really pissed me off is that guy from Moron 5 trying to sing Everyday People - ABSOLUTE TOTAL PROJECTILE VOMIT! Then Sly comes on, looking kind of cool, but hardly sang and then just fiddled around with his keys and walked off. It's amazing that he came out after all these years, but what a let down that was...
February 10th, 2006 04:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:

Madonna's legs are gorgeous!!
but Grammies suck!
February 10th, 2006 04:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The song sucked, but she made me horny.

Maddy is still a hottie. Certainly sexier than those wannabe r&b warble voice dinkettes that think they are all that.

the singer of the pussycat dolls is a hottie too!
February 10th, 2006 05:49 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Damn right!
Shame about Sly Stone, There's A Riot Goin' On is a classic album.
February 10th, 2006 06:53 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Their all pretty hot, but like lots of today's popular acts, there's nothing really there musically. It's a shame when it becomes more about image / fashion.
February 10th, 2006 07:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Their all pretty hot, but like lots of today's popular acts, there's nothing really there musically. It's a shame when it becomes more about image / fashion.

of course I was just talking about image...I don t consider RNB like music ..
February 10th, 2006 07:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Best grammys=Dylan taking home a few trophies and showing people what "cool" and "rock" really is, despite the presence of that flippin freak Soy Bomb (come on, I know Joey MUST have a photo of that momentous occurrence).

baby Joey is sleeping, so I'm happy to oblige...

February 10th, 2006 07:38 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

of course I was just talking about image...I don t consider RNB like music ..

Exactly!! Maybe they can have a music channel for people who'd rather look than listen and leave the good music on another on.
February 10th, 2006 07:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Exactly!! Maybe they can have a music channel for people who'd rather look than listen and leave the good music on another on.

it does exist. it's called MTV !!
February 10th, 2006 07:48 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

it does exist. it's called MTV !!

Even that channel's got so bad that the reality shows and other features really have nothing to do with music, its sadly just another channel on TV now that might play a few videos at like 3:30 AM.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)