ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Our article about Stones technology in February Popular Mechanics magazine Return to archive
February 6th, 2006 07:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hi everyone, this is to inform you that an article about the Rolling Stones tour sound, lighting, visuals, technology and other things is already out in Mexico and the USA only. You can buy it everywhere in the USA but babies, it’s in Spanish!!

For Central and South America, the March edition will have the very same article, so stay tuned it will be in retail stores late February.

It was a nice team work between Hugo Arce (editor), Fernando Aceves (Photographer) and Voodoo Chile in Wonderland (spiritual advisor, goods, coke, sympathy and main source of technical stuff).

Also thanks to Francisco González y García for the great graphics and Julia Palacios for making this happen. BTW, she's from "Aztec Agency" the company bringing the Stones to Monterrey, so I have hope to meet someone special soon

These are some images about the article, and for a couple of pages a better zoom to show some of our work.

Saludos

Dr. Wonderland

February 6th, 2006 07:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops!! Thanks to Erikjjf and all who helped me to get some technical information
February 6th, 2006 08:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whoa.

Cool.

I wish my spanish was a little better, I'd like to read that article. I find stuff like that fascinating...
February 6th, 2006 08:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Sir! I appreciate comments coming from you!

Trust me, the article must be translated to English and be published in Popular Mechanics. I'll tell Hugo to get the contact, after all is the same magazine.
February 6th, 2006 09:06 PM
Tom Congratulations
February 6th, 2006 10:45 PM
PartyDoll MEG My eyes have finally recovered from the flashing tongues today(It was a tough day at work), enough to see your name in large letters along side a famous Web site. Of course the rest is gibberish to this American imbecile, but you make us proud. Continue on with the Voodoo you do do so well!!
February 7th, 2006 07:54 AM
lotsajizz excellent...congratulations!
February 7th, 2006 10:41 AM
Angiegirl That looks really cool, I love the art director
February 7th, 2006 10:56 AM
luxury1 the brainiac side of Voodoo! Who knew??

Very cool, Dr. Voodoo. Looking forward to seeing the translation in print
February 7th, 2006 11:22 AM
Lavendar You Go Voodoochile!!! Cool!!!
February 7th, 2006 06:14 PM
Soldatti Very cool Gerardo, congrats.
February 7th, 2006 08:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
the brainiac side of Voodoo! Who knew??

LOL honey

Thanks a lot for the comments
February 7th, 2006 09:18 PM
sirfito Excelente, Voodoo!.
Great job, really. Can we get it here in Argentina? I hope so.
All the best,
Fito

February 7th, 2006 10:36 PM
Lazy Bones That would be a great read. Too bad the only part I can understand are the names.

In-depth and interesting, for sure...
February 9th, 2006 11:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well, not just the names, if you see the sketch all brands are in English.

I don't think this article will make it in Popular Mechanics in English even that it's the same magazine
February 14th, 2006 09:18 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks everyone
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)