ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Copacabana Palace, Rio de Janeiro
© 1968 Jornal O Globo
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2006 Concert, Melbourne, Australia Return to archive
February 5th, 2006 10:57 PM
SeanDavies I've heard that it will be at Flemington Racecourse - what a HORRIBLE venue. Their last concerts at Rod Laver Arena were awesome - why not there again????
February 5th, 2006 11:34 PM
Daethgod stage is too big for Rod Laver

latest tip is 2 shows in NZ and 2 shows in Sydney only.

February 6th, 2006 02:39 AM
SeanDavies Yes understood but they have played small venues in Europe. Personally I'd rather see them with guitars and amps and none of the bullshit - at a good venue. "Stadium rock" is for pretenders like U2 and Greenday
[Edited by SeanDavies]
February 6th, 2006 03:50 AM
Daethgod a couple of posts on rs.com suggest that the Japanes dates may be cancelled or moved.

If they move then maybe the Stones will hit Japan and Aus later in the year.

February 6th, 2006 06:44 AM
exile appreciate you keeping us in the loop Daethgod. keep it up mate
February 6th, 2006 07:39 AM
Daethgod heres the 2 posts i saw :

02/05/06 01:17 PM
Tokyo show would be CANCELED????

Rumor has it that the Rolling Stones would cancel the up-coming Japan tour. It might be laughable. But somebody gotta do something to prove it wrong as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more reluctant the public become to buy the tickets. It could seriously hurt your business. This self\-claimed “man living in this kind of entertainment business with great rope for twenty something years” kept on popping up at various message board for Japanese fan and kept on telling this dirty secrets. So Japanese fan needs re-assurance from the rolling stones once and for all. Let’s make it clear with a bigger bang.

02/05/06 09:47 PM
Re: Tokyo show would be CANCELED???? [re: k-sawada]
This reminds me of what happened to another U.K. big name last year. The band cancelled their Japan dates just as it had been rumoured. Actually they rescheduled the tour and made it to Japan later in the year , which was not bad at all.
As with the Stones, though I suspect at the moment no one can assure that the rumour is wrong, I think at least it worth feeding back what has been going on on the local discussion boards.
Let's hope no more 'insider' should come up to hurt ticket sales further.

February 6th, 2006 07:45 AM
corgi37 If they postpone, i dont see them coming here at all. They'd be too buggered. It will be nearly a year on the road. Plus, unless its after September, the venue hassle here in Melbourne is still there.

I got no problem going to Sydney to see them. Only adds an extra $400 or so to the cost of the experience. It just looks bad for us Aussies though. I doubt they are coming now. Todays performance might spark thing up a bit, but i think the venue hassle has fucked us. I cant see the Stones agreeing to play in 3rd rate venues.
February 6th, 2006 07:48 AM
Daethgod yer im hearing ya corgi

i still have hope tho
last 'legit' goss i heard was 2 nights ago from someone on the road with the band who said 2 shows in Sydney and 2 in NZ, announcement in next week or so (dont hold ya breath tho)

hows this, i heard that Flemington was canned cos of all the glass frontages.
worried teh 'noise' would crack em ..
go figure

February 6th, 2006 08:17 AM
exile
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
2 shows in Sydney and 2 in NZ, announcement in next week or so (dont hold ya breath tho)

well at least we get them on our continent, and we get to see them. Im currently moving uni's from darwin to Orange (in regional NSW) so for me is a 3.5 hour drive to sydney, so not that bad.

if the NZ shows are dead set then they will be here, if only in sydney.
February 6th, 2006 08:31 AM
corgi37 Princes Park! Princes fucking Park!

And, Exile, did ya get the dvds?
February 6th, 2006 08:36 AM
exile hey corgs, I just got back to darwin been packing up house. I have a parcel waiting to be picked up so maybe thats it.

will check tomorrow, thanks again for that.
February 6th, 2006 09:40 PM
SeanDavies Anyone know where the NZ concerts will be? I would rather go to NZ than Sydney if the venue is a good one (I HATE stadiums - bad acoustics, no intimacy .. etc). Bugger the cost, this could be the last time (sounds like a song lyric)
February 6th, 2006 10:49 PM
Daethgod rumour is :
Westpac Stadium Wellington
Western Springs Speedway Auckland

getting sick of rumours tho
i NEED some facts !
February 7th, 2006 06:32 AM
corgi37 Here's the facts. Get the Rio dvd - thats as close as we will get to them. I truly feel that now.
February 8th, 2006 07:14 PM
SeanDavies when do people think shows in NZ and Australia be confirmed or otherwise?
February 9th, 2006 07:08 AM
Daethgod hey new stage for Argentina and Rio

will this fit in Rod Laver ??

http://www.rollingmania.com.ar/rs_2001/2006_bigger/escenario.htm

seems to be 60 m wide

February 9th, 2006 07:11 AM
Daethgod translated the website to English and got this :

The d? 21 and 23 of February of 2006, The Rolling Stones visited by 3ra time Argentina, within the framework of the "A Bigger Tour Bang", shows Argentine have waked up much expectation in World-wide the Stones Community, reason why asistir?fans from Uruguay, Chile, Per?Paraguay, Brazil, M?co, the U.S.A., Canada, Espa?y Norway, Japon and Sweden, among others.

The localities est?agotadas from the month of November.

The Scene tendr?0 meters of wide, 30 of bottom and 25 of height habr?n scene B, that tendr?a forms of a language and that extender?or in front of the main scene, to that to be? united by a footbridge.

A was dise?o specially for the Latin American section of the tour by Mark Fisher - who works with the Stones 20 ago - and he is not the same one that the one that has used in the section of the Tour To Bigger Bang in the U.S.A. and Canad?/font >

Tendr?na giant screen of 12 meters by 18, discharge definici? that seg?los organizers ser?a m?grande that has mounted in pa? and to that sumar?otras two, of 3 by 4 meters, to both sides of the scene.

With respect to the sound, adem?del of scene, habr?uatro delayed towers of sound. As far as iluminaci? habr?50 lights m?les and 500 conventional ones

February 10th, 2006 02:16 AM
RSRTG I have officially given up hope of an aussie tour and I have decided not to travel either.
Up until a week ago I still believed we would see them here but now time has run out for an April tour and I wont be holding my breath hoping to see them tour later in the year.
oh dear, how sad, never mind.
February 10th, 2006 06:06 PM
StickyFishFingers I'm so jaded, financially I would be screwed right now if the Stones do come here in April. I think I'll go and see Deep Purple and Status Quo instead who are touring here together & I know will be nowhere near as expensive to see than a solitary Stones show. doh....
February 13th, 2006 01:54 AM
SeanDavies Price does not matter. Rolling Stones at Rod Laver Arena, $1000 a ticket - I will be there.
February 13th, 2006 06:16 AM
corgi37 Maybe this will teach us to stop spending money on health, education and public transport, and start building more 50,000+ stadiums with roofs on them!

Oh, and Jap shows are not cancelled.
February 13th, 2006 06:31 AM
egon The good people of australia have been humiliated.
Tonight i shall cry for you all.
The good thing is that the A'dam summit is nearby!

Btw Corgi; what's up with all those murders all of a sudden?
[Edited by egon]
February 13th, 2006 05:36 PM
SeanDavies Hey Corgi, we have a 50,000 seat stadium with a roof on it -Telstra Dome. Saw Green Day there in December - Telstra Dome sucks as a rock venue as does the MCG,as do all stadiums - no atmosphere, lousy acoustics. My Chemical Romance supported Green day and they were awesome - watch out for these boys they are hot.
February 14th, 2006 09:25 AM
corgi37 Yes, my newbie friend, but a little thing called AFL football is on in April. Heard of that? Also at the MCG. Hence, no A-grade stadiums are available. And, not until October either.

Egon - It's just the local mafia types again. This latest guy was a barred lawyer and money man for the mob. he's number 29 or so in the gang-land feuds going on. He lived not too far from me either. He lived virtually across the road from a cemetary too! I know that place well. I used to drink there when i was 17.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)