ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Louisiana Hayride Live George Jones (NSC) Return to archive
02-12-04 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels George Jones' 'Hayride' Recordings Surface

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Early concert recordings of a country legend make up the material on "George Jones, Live Recordings From the Louisiana Hayride."

Due March 9 from Scena Records, the collection collects 16 previously unavailable appearances Jones made on the Saturday night performance series between 1956 and 1969.

A version of "You Gotta Be My Baby" captured in 1956 opens the disc, which also includes "Color of the Blues," "Nothing Can Stop My Loving You" and "I'm Ragged But I'm Right" taped during a 1958 appearance at the show at the Shreveport Municipal Auditorium.

Other songs featured include "Too Much Water" and "Big Harlan Taylor" from a 1960 performance, as well as a version of "Walk Through This World With Me" recorded two weeks before his February 1969 marriage to Tammy Wynette.

Live Jones recordings are scant at best. The 1985 Epic release "First Time Live!" was the artist's first official concert release. Prior to the "Hayride" set, the earliest issued recording was a 1965 concert in Houston released as "Live in Dance Town U.S.A." in 1987 by U.K. independent label Ace.

Yet the 72-year-old artist continues to be a consistent road warrior. His Web site (http://www.georgejones.com) lists U.S. dates scheduled through October.

Jones' latest studio release is last year's two-disc set, "The Gospel Collection" (BNA). The album peaked at No. 19 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart and No. 27 on the Top Christian Albums tally.

Reuters/Billboard
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-12-04 01:00 PM
Nasty Habits Thanks for the info!

BEST VIEWED HIGH