ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A stones experiment: Twickenham on a Mega screen - IMAX format - Free experience!!!
At the biggest university in Latin América! Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Bien hecho Rogerriffin!!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Their Satanic Majesties Request Return to archive
02-12-04 10:01 AM
Ronnie B. Wood why everybody hates this album, i think its very good, one of my favorite... I love Citadel, 2000 man, 2000 light years from home, the lantern.... what do you think about it?
02-12-04 11:13 AM
glencar A weaker effort by the Stones, it's much better than "Sgt. Pepper."
02-12-04 11:13 AM
scratched I love it too. I don't see why people think its a rip off of Sgt. Pepper. Pepper is more vaudeville and baroque while Satanic Majesties is more futuristic and free-form. Maybe it was the cover that people thought was a rip off, but this too is different to Pepper's.
02-12-04 01:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The album cover artwork was pretty good. An artist sometimes is in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation...try to push the envelope and some fans get all uptight.
02-12-04 02:09 PM
mac_daddy if yopu haven't heard mickboy's satanic request, you are missing out. it is exceptional.
02-12-04 05:34 PM
Gazza Whilst it may be a good re-mastering, its still akin to putting whipped cream on dogshit.
02-12-04 06:01 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Whilst it may be a good re-mastering, its still akin to putting whipped cream on dogshit.

that is hilarious.
02-12-04 10:53 PM
Zack SMR is the Stones' most inconsistent album ever. Half of it is great, among their best work; the other half sucks, pretty much their worst

Great: Citadel, In Another Land, 2000 Man, SAR, 2000 Light Years

Sucks: Sing This All Together (both), The Lantern, On With the Show (this tune, and the crowd bit before SAR, is why the album is called a Sgt Pepper ripoff.)

Sucks but I'm still sort of fond of it: Gomper

BEST VIEWED HIGH